User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best WD / Sway hitch for 22RBE

I'm buying a 2022 RBE and need to get a weight distribution with sway control for my 2021 Ram 1500. What's the best option for this combo?

Thanks
    Corky

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pick one. They are all good
    Just depends on price and availability
    Husky
    Equalizer
    Blue ox
    Andersen

I will say I have a Husky now and had an equalizer on my last trailer and wish I had an equalizer on this one
    I find the bars more difficult to engage than the equalizer but I am rarely hooked up anyway so it doesn’t bother me
    We tow generally to one area and then just switch sites while there so I don’t use the wdh

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 4 that @NB Canada are good reputable wdh reasonably priced. I also have the Husky and it works as advertised. It is a little noisy in slow tight turns but that is to expected of friction bars. I might change it for the Anderson. No bars and real real light. Most wdh will weight in at 100 + lbs. The Anderson is 60.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply's.

My dealer mentioned the ReCurve R3 Weight Distribution Hitch as well as the E2. I don't think he has the Blue ox.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    Thanks for the reply's.

My dealer mentioned the ReCurve R3 Weight Distribution Hitch as well as the E2. I don't think he has the Blue ox.
    I don’t know anything about the recurve r3 but the E2 is a cheap version of the Equalizer and I wouldn’t buy it
    Step up to the E4

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally would stay away from the Recurve R3. I remembered someone talking on a forum, and confirmed (https://978dd75e-9204-4738-9543-aed2...07da01283e.pdf) in the instructions, they say to disable your vehicles sway control when using the hitch. Not sure why they say that, and something I am not in agreement with.

Before I went with a 5th wheel, I had a Husky Centerline WDH. Used it for around 20K miles, and was happy with it. About the only negative thing was, after about 10K miles, it was noisy at slow speeds.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    Thanks for the reply's.

IMO I'd stay away from those 2, they are at the lower scale of a good wdh.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Others have noted that there is a lot of commonality between brands and models, and they often have opinions on differences between weight distribution and sway bar hitches. Here is a site that describes the differences https://thecampingnerd.com/weight-di...-sway-control/.

A couple of campers ago we had the sliding bar style sway control on a smaller camper. That was pretty easy to connect and seemed to do it's job fairly well. Later, we bought a slightly bigger camper and after the deal was signed, the salesmen came out to help us hook up and saw what we had. Although the weight rating of the unit we had was documented as sufficient for the new camper, the salesman stated there was no way he was going to let us drive off the lot with it. He threw in a Blue Ox SwayPro system with the chain style of connection at no charge. He obviously felt strongly enough about it to give up margin, although I still joke I must not have done a very good job of negotiating if they threw in a model that retailed for $800 in their store. Later when we bought our current bigger camper, they looked at what we had and stated it was exactly what they would have sold us if we didn't have one.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies!

I was narrowing down the selection and keep coming back to either Equal-i-zer or Blue Ox SwayPro. I do plan on long distance traveling and my first trip will be in December from Tennessee to SoCal so I will probably see storms and cold weather but hopefully not snow and ice. I plan to take the southern route I-10 for the most part. So finding a hitch that will be reliable and safe is important to me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I don’t know anything about the recurve r3 but the E2 is a cheap version of the Equalizer and I wouldn’t buy it
    Step up to the E4

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I know someone that has the Recurve R3 with a Ram 1500 and a 2250RK. They do not like it.

I have an E4 and have no issues. Of course I have nothing to compare it against. My last trailer was so light I didn't need one.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast