Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quality Control

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quality Control

New to the forum. In the market for a GD XLS 17MKE. Article in news a few days ago reported that RV dealers just mailed a group letter from across the country to all RV manufacturers complaining about the horribly poor workmanship and quality in the current production new RV’s. No manufacturer’s we’re singled out. What can you all tell me about quality in the GD 21’s and 22’s? Issues of concern? Thanks for your input. Tom

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, cannot answer that because we have an earlier model. Take some time and read around the forum and it should give an idea of today's production quality.

My takes is it's like any other model year, it is a crapshoot if you get a troubled trailer or not. I know owners that have had no issues in their 21/22 s . Then you read others that have had nothing but trouble. It you are looking for a perfect build, any make of RV may not be what you are looking for,
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody looking for the perfect build would be in fantasy land. The only thing I’m interested in is whether or not there has been a significant upswing in complaints about the 21/22 builds. That might push me towards an older build or wait for a while before purchasing. Not sure how to get this information except by asking GD owners for their opinions. I would love to hear other suggestions.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptTPT View Post
    Anybody looking for the perfect build would be in fantasy land. The only thing I’m interested in is whether or not there has been a significant upswing in complaints about the 21/22 builds. That might push me towards an older build or wait for a while before purchasing. Not sure how to get this information except by asking GD owners for their opinions. I would love to hear other suggestions.
    My 2021 so far has been fine. Its not perfect but about what I expected. Nothing really different than past units. But Its only a couple of months old and only been out once. I have dug into it a bunch for mods but not a lot of mileage. On the other hand a good friend of mine also has a 2021 and has more than his share of issues.

FWIW
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    My 2021 so far has been fine. Its not perfect but about what I expected. Nothing really different than past units. But Its only a couple of months old and only been out once. I have dug into it a bunch for mods but not a lot of mileage. On the other hand a good friend of mine also has a 2021 and has more than his share of issues.

FWIW
    We have 9500+ miles on our 2021. Only one warranty claim- remote for the radio did not work. (GD replaced the radio at the rally! Yea!) A few very minor things like, a loose piece of trim. It's been great.
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rvtravel.com/pathetic-qu...oducing-1017b/

Here is a link to the article
    Thanks for your input.
    Anybody else?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gosh - I just posted on that article over on another RV forum....

bottom line - things won't improve until...
    1. people stop buying the junk RV manufacturers are putting out;
    2. there is a big downturn in the economy and folks stop buying RVs for economic reasons (ala early 2000's);
    3. someone steps in and starts building a quality product (kind of like what happened to automakers years ago when they flubbed things up and foreign companies came along and built a better product - at a cheaper price).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    gosh - I just posted on that article over on another RV forum....

bottom line - things won't improve until...
    1. people stop buying the junk RV manufacturers are putting out;
    2. there is a big downturn in the economy and folks stop buying RVs for economic reasons (ala early 2000's);
    3. someone steps in and starts building a quality product (kind of like what happened to automakers years ago when they flubbed things up and foreign companies came along and built a better product - at a cheaper price).
    X2. Couldn’t agree more.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a 2019 had a few minor problems fixed myself. One other problem dealer took care of that tanks would not drain. But Romberg you got a rolling earthquake behind you.
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptTPT View Post
    https://www.rvtravel.com/pathetic-qu...oducing-1017b/

Here is a link to the article
    Thanks for your input.
    Anybody else?
    The article has been posted in every group I'm in.

Our '21 Momentum has had a few issues. Both Grand Design and our dealer have both been very responsive to getting them rectified. We looked at every single manufacturer's product we could on every dealer lot within driving distance of us when we were making this decision a year ago. GD's product stood out well above the others including one's such as Alliance etc... GD's track record of quality and customer service speaks for itself.
    Last edited by TerryH; 09-15-2021 at 06:41 AM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast