Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question Salt Lake City bypass - the scenic route

The last time I went through Slat lake I 15 was under construction and traffic was horrendous even in the sections not under construction. Also nothing there I want to see.

I am headed north from Durango CO to the Canada border. In looking at the map and I have driven it before cut over on 191 to 6 from I-70 at Green River to Provo then north. Before I stayed on I15. How is it now going through the center of Salt Lake?

This time I am thinking of grabbing 189 NE to 40 out of Provo then up to I80 then at Echo grab I84 back to I15 at Ogden. Or stay on 191 from Green river to 40 (a bit out of the way) and then I80/I94.

I know it might take longer, but is it a good drive with camping along the way.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only give advice on 189 to the 80. It's a nice a drive. Saw some waterfalls going through the pass, nice drive around Deer Creek Reservoir. If I recall, there's a pretty good climb north of the 32, but doable. It has been about 6 years since I did that drive.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    I can only give advice on 189 to the 80. It's a nice a drive. Saw some waterfalls going through the pass, nice drive around Deer Creek Reservoir. If I recall, there's a pretty good climb north of the 32, but doable. It has been about 6 years since I did that drive.
    Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar