Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    The whole reason we are making a switch is that the 45' motorhome really limits where we can stay and it is a lot of trouble to move. The way it is now, once we get parked, we don't move the MH because it is too much trouble to do so.

We still plan on spending months at one park, but we want to be able to move the trailer on the weekends to go exploring. So, it comes down to how easy is it to move the 310 once you have it in a spot. How easy is it to level and set up?. Would you take it somewhere (perhaps a state park) for a weekend?

You might wonder why the long-term stay.... I still work full time and need good internet and cell reception to do my job. Once I find a park that provides that and that has a monthly fee (vs daily or weekly), I make that my home base. Then we explore from there.

-B
    We have not found the 310-GK to be limiting at all. We love our 310-GK!!!

As far as ease of setup and tear down the 310 GK is SUPER Easy, the hydraulic leveling system is awesome and easy to use.

We chose the Reese GooseBox and I can't recommend it highly enough. Between the Reese GooseBox and the hydraulic leveling system the setup (and tear down) is incredibly simple and fast.

From experience, I would highly recommend both the 310-GK and the Reese GooseBox.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We currently travel in a 45' motorhome. It is great to travel in but far from convenient. We are considering a change. We own a lot in FL and will keep the motorhome (we love the motorhome.) We will spend the cold months in the motorhome in FL, but for our 6 to 7 months travel season, we are considering something a lot smaller.

I have a Ford F450 on order. We also have an Outdoors RV 250RKS Travel Trailer on order. The length of the ORV is 31' which is about 25' of living space. While we think being close to 30' provides the most options, we think it might be a bit too small.

We considered the new Solitude 280RK-R but that only has seating for 2. We are currently considering the Solitude 310 GK-R. The 310 is 35' long, I am wondering if 35' will limit the places we can stay.

We just purchased a membership to Thousand Trails. 35' is probably no problem in most of those parks. We want to be able to stay in state parks and places that are a bit more remote.

So, how big is too big?

Thanks
    -B
    We have a 36' (actual length but only extends past the truck 31' or so) 310 and have usually been able to stay in a state/fed park if it is of any reasonable size. We prefer the 5er to a MH for cost, maintenance and not wanting to drag a towd. On our second one (only because some idiot T-Boned us on a 4 lane divided hwy at 70MPH) and very pleased.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    We love our 310-GK!!!

We chose the Reese GooseBox and I can't recommend it highly enough.
    We looked at the 310GK-R yesterday. The DW didn’t like it, I was OK with it. I REALLY wanted to love it but at this point, we like the Montana 3231CK with the Legacy package better.

I am 100% with you on the GooseBox.

-B

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at the 310GK-R yesterday. The DW didn’t like it, I was OK with it. I REALLY wanted to love it but at this point, we like the Montana 3231CK with the Legacy package better.

I am 100% with you on the GooseBox.

-B

gosh.... take close look at Montana's construction (look at what they use under the slides, look at their "transfer switch/inverter set up. The last time I looked I thought some other manufactures used better materials/devices. I do like some of the things with the legacy package (electric reel for one). Remind the DW it isn't always what looks the prettiest... (then duck for cover....)
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    gosh.... take close look at Montana's construction (look at what they use under the slides, look at their "transfer switch/inverter set up. The last time I looked I thought some other manufactures used better materials/devices. I do like some of the things with the legacy package (electric reel for one). Remind the DW it isn't always what looks the prettiest... (then duck for cover....)
    I totally agree. I am also looking at a 1-year-old DRV for this exact reason.
    -B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a good look at everything with the DRV they have been bought out by thor. Our neighbor in Florida has a DRV made last year before thor. When we went to the RV show in Tampa they compared the new DRV's to theirs. Lots of changes and they were not good changes. Including fit and finish.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Take a good look at everything with the DRV they have been bought out by thor. Our neighbor in Florida has a DRV made last year before thor. When we went to the RV show in Tampa they compared the new DRV's to theirs. Lots of changes and they were not good changes. Including fit and finish.
    No doubt. I think the whole industry is taking steps to reduce costs.... which lowers quality.

I am hoping to find a used 2020 38RSSA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123