20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    There is no “12volt” setting on his fridge

It is a two way gas /electric

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    The fridge is 12volt control..always. Gas or electric is just the heater. I'm thinking that when the op says 12v he means gas?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    The fridge is 12volt control..always. Gas or electric is just the heater. I'm thinking that when the op says 12v he means gas?
    Of course that is what he means
    I wasn’t the one confused

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course that is what he means

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Yes...it is a gas or electric fridge. It was running on gas. The 12 volt runs the controller.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmeer View Post
    Attachment 37282

Running 100% of the time (unlikely) for 12 hours at the 2.75 amps listed above would drain 33 amp hours. I would think most any RV battery should be able to handle that provided there aren't any other loads.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    Me too. I'm going to measure parasitic drain and try to figure it out this week. It's irritating.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry NB. Didn't mean to suggest to anybody you were confused.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Sorry...this is a standard Norcold 2118 RV fridge, do running on gas with 12 volt.
    My experience with a Norcold 2118 and two 12 v batteries. My frige would absolutely run the batteries down overnight if they were not fully topped off before starting the frige on Propane. My BMV712 showed that it took about 60+ AH to power the rig with the frige and parasitic draws over a 24 hour period. That is more than a normal 12 v battery can handle. Two should have been able to handle it, but would not so I replaced with two Lion Energy 100AH LifeP04 batteries. I did discover when I was changing the batteries that one of the parallel cables was bad so in essense I only had ony battery working. YMMV.

Regards,
    George
    George and Connie
    Commerce City, CO
    Webpilot
    Solitude 380FL
    2014 Ram 3500 Dually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue as the OP, but maybe not as bad. I used to be able to take my Reflection home and plug it in the day before. But this entire season, we have not been able to do that because we downsized to an apartment. So I have been going to my storage and turning the fridge on propane the day/night before. My single Battery has two seasons on it. I have a battery disconnect and small solar panel to keep it topped off... same as the OP. Norcold 4 door fridge. I run the fridge on propane from 12 to 20 hours before returning to load up the next day. The fridge is on and working. The battery is not dead. But I always have a Low Voltage message on the fridge. I can run the landing gear for about 10 seconds before I get a low voltage error on those. So protocol has become to hook the rig up to my truck power as soon as I arrive that morning. I have a big diesel with twin alternators, so it does the trick in about 10 minutes while we load gear. I have been planning on potentially going to twin batteries. Maybe bigger solar panels added to the roof. I always figured this was standard battery performance for a single standard type deep cycle battery.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our new-to us 2016 Solitude in 2017. The very first summer vacation with it brought a severe thunderstorm that took out the power. Using minimal lights and sometimes radio with the NorCold Fridge on gas (12 volts), it was 36 hours before it started beeping. 48 hours after the outage we packed for home, but I had to plug the unit into the truck in order to run the hydraulic jacks.

Because the power goes out a lot at RV parks and especially state campgrounds I made a new battery box out of a plastic toolbox from Walmart that holds three lead-acid batteries. I have two with room for a third. I am afraid that trying to charge three batteries might take overload my converter. Losing the converter will cost way more than a new battery...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP, if you haven't already, you should install a proper battery monitor like the Victron BMV 712 or SmartShunt. Those units will accurately measure how many amps are going into and coming out of the battery, so you'll know at any time what your actual current capacity is, and what your vampire draw is. Also, if you have lead acid batteries out on the a-frame, get the temp monitor as well. Lead acid batteries lose alot of power the colder they get, and with the temp monitor the BMV can compensate for the lower capacity due to lower temps.
    2017 F150 Lariat 3.5 EB
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

retired: 2016 Starcraft 19BHS & 2004 Fleetwood Mesa

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, you stated you bought a trickle charge solar panel, I'm assuming you mean one of those little 10W units that plug directly into battery? If so, those are really only good enough to keep a lead acid battery somewhat charged if it's not under load. In other words, it will help keep a full battery stay full if it's not being used, but they're not strong enough to recharge a battery under any load. For that you'll need a 50W or higher panel with charge controller. And even then, at this time of year, you won't get full charge out of those panels due to the lower sun and less sunlight during the day.
    2017 F150 Lariat 3.5 EB
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

retired: 2016 Starcraft 19BHS & 2004 Fleetwood Mesa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast