User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a bunch of mods for a 2400BH or anything

We picked up our new '19 2400BH on Friday and promptly loaded it for a trip. While on the trip, during some rainy times, the work (fun work, of course) started.

First thing was to install and setup the TST monitoring system for the tire pressure and temperature.

Next up was the RV Lock and programming a key fob for myself and the DW. Now the boys can get in if we are not around.

Some hooks here and there, one by the door for keys and flash light, extras in the bedroom to hang one's hat, some in the bathroom for towels, and some in the shower for the caddy and other things

The shower head was promptly removed before first use and replaced with a HOMELODY - love the big easy to press button to shut the stream off, and good pressure too.

Next we installed the fireplace -- and you thought this was going to be a typical mod thread. Yes, our 2400BH has a fireplace now. It is getting cold out there in the upper mid-west. I was able to find a unit that would fit in the bottom cabinet below the TV,
    so I drilled some holes to run cords between the shelves, inserted some nice grommets and away we go. This fireplace has high/low/visual only settings, and works great. The case does not get warm at all, the hot air blows only out the front center, and
    into the room before going up. We ran it quite a lot over the past weekend, looking for any issues that might present, and found non. The cabinet did not get hot at all, nor did the heater itself. Only the air coming out of it was hot. It is tucked away nicely
    and we can close the cabinet door still. In the future I am thinking about making a new door, and cutting a frame in it that the fireplace would sit in so the door could be closed instead of hanging open. For now though, we are pretty happy.

More to come.

Jim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181009_210721.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	15539

Name:	20181009_210857.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	15538
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats on a successful first run. Have fun with those mods. You'll find plenty of good ideas on this forum.

Jim

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new rig. Fireplace looks great too! Not sure if you've considered the circuit that it's plugged into, RV fireplaces are typically 750 or 1500 watts which could be up to 12.5 Amps. Usually the outlet circuits in RVs are either 15 or 20 Amps, so you might want to see what else is on that circuit to ensure you don't overload it while running the fireplace.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more

The outside LEDs are too bright, attract too many bugs, etc. There is an excellent 3D printable snap-in part for the control panel here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2301395
    I have found the second rev to work the best. Having the dimmer is so nice that I did one for the interior lights as well. Much better mood lighting options.

Name:	20181008_203059.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	15545

The trailer has the prep for the rear camera, so we went that route. It is a good add-on, easy to install, and makes merging in traffic a lot easier. It is also nice to have when backing into a site or at home. Any camera that
    works would do the trick, of course. This one was just easy and works pretty well for what it is.

Name:	20181008_212801.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	15546

Our jobs allow us to work remotely some, and when the kids do not have school, that can mean an extra Friday at camp, but only if there is a workable cell signal at the site. I was a bit skittish about the outlay of cash, but
    thankfully the WeBoost is the real deal. Not sure about that name. We found that it can pull a signal in much better than just the phone alone, and makes it a worthy investment if you need such a thing. It will be mounted to the roof
    with a Shakespeare 4186U Nylon Ratchet Mount so that we can easily lay it flat for travel, and set it up in seconds. Right now it is attached to the ladder.

Name:	20181008_212912.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	15547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shakespeare.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	15548

Last for this post, a four channel temperature and humidity sensor. Inside, outside, bathroom, and bedroom. I will likely move the bedroom one to the pass-through storage to keep track of how cold it gets in there as the seasons change. The HVAC
    thermostat is already in the bedroom, just not as handy to see all in one place.

Name:	20181009_115410.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	15549

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with a Shakespeare 4186U Nylon Ratchet Mount so that we can easily lay it flat for travel, and set it up in seconds. Right now it is attached to the ladder.

Your mods are great. Looks very well done. Guess i have some projects [emoji4]

How did you bring in the weboost antenna wire? I couldn't find a way in thru the bottom.

Thanks for sharing the details of the work you did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2017 Imagine 2500RL
    2011 GMC Denali HD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by radioman42001 View Post

Your mods are great. Looks very well done. Guess i have some projects [emoji4]

How did you bring in the weboost antenna wire? I couldn't find a way in thru the bottom.
    Truth be told, we have not yet needed to bring the small antenna inside. We set it up in the outside kitchen area and it seems to cover inside fairly well. That may change now with the 2400 though, as there is more space to cover. I will be looking at the slide some as that is probably where it would get used the most. This will be something I will update when we figure out what works best for us.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    Our jobs allow us to work remotely some, and when the kids do not have school, that can mean an extra Friday at camp, but only if there is a workable cell signal at the site. I was a bit skittish about the outlay of cash, but
    thankfully the WeBoost is the real deal. Not sure about that name. We found that it can pull a signal in much better than just the phone alone, and makes it a worthy investment if you need such a thing. It will be mounted to the roof

Name:	20181008_212912.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	15547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shakespeare.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	15548
    I left mine attached to the top of the ladder. No problem at all with clearance on our Reflection - the air conditioners were inches higher - but maybe that's different on your Imagine?

@radioman42001, you ask about how to bring the antenna cable into the trailer... I brought ours in through the back wall behind the ladder. I know that some people are queasy about drilling through the walls, but if you're not here are some bulkhead fittings you can consider using (the ones I used are similar to the first item on the page):

https://www.westmarine.com/search?Nt...khead+wire+cap
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice mods. We got our 2400BH last spring and have also been thinking about what else can be done. I added some vent covers and a local WiFi setup that will extend an RV park’s WiFi.

How much of your under TV storage space did your fireplace take up?

I like the dimmers. Have a link to the dimmers you used?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VociferousSky View Post
    Nice mods. We got our 2400BH last spring and have also been thinking about what else can be done. I added some vent covers and a local WiFi setup that will extend an RV park’s WiFi.

How much of your under TV storage space did your fireplace take up?

I like the dimmers. Have a link to the dimmers you used?
    We also added the vent covers before we brought it home. A great addition.

Name:	maxXair.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	15626

The fireplace takes only the front part of the lowest shelf and is stand alone so if you would rather pack it away, say under the bed, in the summer, no problem. We have a crate of bottles behind it still. I used 3M grip tape on the bottom of it and it has enough weight that is does not move at all where it sits.

Here is a link to the fireplace: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DL3S6YM

Here is a link to the dimmers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C4UBMY6

We also added a Progressive Industries PT30X. We had this on the previous trailer, and using the post mounted one allowed us to easily take it with us. The permanent mounted one would be a little less hassle and risk of theft once installed, but this is working well.

Name:	EMS-PT30X.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	15627

Another gadget that is quite handy-- the Mopeka/LPCheck tank sensors. These are magnetic and easy to install on the bottom of each tank. They signal directly to your smartphone with bluetooth.

Name:	Screenshot_20181008-212828_Tank.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	15628

Keep the dobbers and other vermin out of your furnace with a simple screen.

Name:	ventScreen.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	15629

and the final addition for this post is a Clever Cover for the tongue jack. They make these for all different types of jacks, and give you a protected area for your wiring and a place to hang chains. When our jack got wet before we had the cover, it caused the LED light to come on. Thankfully it did not mess with the jack switch, but have heard of this happening to people.

Name:	CleverCoverInstalled.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	15630
    Last edited by jh.xsnrg; 10-14-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: picture limit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a picture of the dash while sitting at a stoplight. The top is the TST pressure/temperature monitor, and the Furrion display at the bottom mounted below the vent with the suction cup mount.

Name:	dash.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	15631

I also added leak detection below the kitchen sink, and will do so in the bathroom as well. These Honeywell units use a rope about 3 feet long so that one sensor can cover a large area as opposed to the single point type. I drilled a small hole to pass the cable through and mounted the box above the heater vent.

Name:	HoneywellWater.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	15632

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast