User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2017 F450 Lariat...I love it for towing. 48 gallon fuel tank, turning radius is very tight considering full size cab and a 8 foot bed (compared to F350). I have the complete all around camera package and the electric fold in and extend mirrors which I also like. The aluminum body/bed is not soft like the Chevy commercial would like you to think (there's a great YouTube about this). I had a RAM which was OK but I have to say I like this much better. BTW I was never a Ford person, this is the first Ford I personally owned.
    Scott & Deb
    2017 Momentum 350M toy hauler fully loaded with full paint job.
    2017 Ford F450 Lariat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like u have received plenty of comments

So, I'll make mine short. I bought a new 2016 F450 Platinum knowing I would purchase a 376, I did, it's a 2019. I put a 2018 CVO Limited in the garage. I like bells and whistles...the F450 is perfect.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    Not sure if you have given a good look at the 2020 Chevy...
    I missed the rear axle ratio change on the Chevy. The GCWR I found for the 2020 Chevy is 40000 while the F450 is 43300. What's funny is the Chevy GVWR is 13910 vs the F450 14000, only 90 lbs difference.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even thou I've owned Ford's since 79 the way they build the new trucks they all are good. The new RAM has 400HP and 1,000 lb.-ft. torque. The 2020 Fords will have the 10 speed trans and a 3rd gen 6.7 diesel. The F-450 in Enumclaw was a nice looking truck. There is no bedliner as Fugate has a deal with the Line-X guy in Buckly. The Limited comes in only one interior color so no black on black like the F-350
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone looked at the F450 chassis cab. That is built as a work truck with a lot higher ratings. You can get them in some higher trim levels and I believe you can order them with the bed on it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Has anyone looked at the F450 chassis cab. That is built as a work truck with a lot higher ratings. You can get them in some higher trim levels and I believe you can order them with the bed on it.
    Is the chassis cab still considered a class III truck?

Also the chassis cab motor is de-rated with less hp and torque. I believe that's to give it more longevity since it typically has a heavier duty cycle.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Ford family. You'll love your new truck whatever you get. I've got an F450 with a wide track frontend and love having it. After coming from an F350 without it, it has been fantastic. I'm also in agreement with OP about not wanting all the frills. That being said, I really enjoy adaptive cruise.

My single bit of advice is, find a good dealer with a good rep and meet the service manager. You may never need them, but it's good to have them on your side in case of worst case scenario type stuff.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I looked at that briefly. I did find an aftermarket truck bed that I liked, it was $17k. I use my truck bed and have a roll top bed cover to hide stuff when not towing. It's not off the table, just not at the forefront.
    Dallas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizbangdoodle View Post
    My single bit of advice is, find a good dealer with a good rep and meet the service manager. You may never need them, but it's good to have them on your side in case of worst case scenario type stuff.
    Really good advice if you stay in one place. But we rarely return to a place visited, kind of a thing for us, not in a bad way, we just like exploring. But this type of fulltiming does not allow you time to build strong relationships with businessmen, something I miss.
    Dallas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I done did it, just signed papers and wrote checks for a F450. I took the Mo down to the dealer and on near level ground set it on the hitch in the bed, down, down, down the truck bed went. All done I had 7" of clearance with a pin height of 20" above the truck bed, trailer appeared level and the level I put on it said level, ground was not completely level, but close enough and I have a couple of inches to play with.

As with all such major purchases I am sitting here second guessing my decision. As with most things in life there are no right answers only decision to be made, it will be interesting to see what path this decision takes. I guess I will find out on my way back, a couple of 4-8 mile long 6% grades will let me know if I am an idiot or a pretty smart fella.
    Dallas

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast