User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
    I did an equalize with the kitchen grey tank full and the bath at 1/3. Both settled at 2/3 if you can trust the level readout.
    What about the other way (bath full, kitchen 1/3)? We tend to fill up the bath side showering way before the kitchen side. Your 260RD is a year older than ours so they may have made some changes, but we don't get much/any equalization when the bath tank has more than the kitchen tank.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale B View Post
    Excellent point, you are my eyes! My assumption would be the manufacture wouldn't want any leaks in case of overfilling the holding tank's....only back up into sinks or showers. I've also learned my thought process & the manufacturer are not the same.

Your previous post you mention the top of kitchen gray is several inches above the top of the bathroom gray. Depending on the height dimension of the tanks there should an area of the two tanks that is on the plane depending on the elevation.

Right now my bathroom tank indicates full & the kitchen shows empty, does that make sense based on your visual on the tank elevations?
    @huntindog said the “grommet” fitting going into the top of the tank should be a good one. With that said, I’m with him…I think it will work. Best part about it is you can see the top of both tanks with the back wall removed. I say “let the tests begin!” 😊

Regarding your question, I don’t think I’d rely on those sensor readings as perfect info. You may not actually be full on the bath tank. I would expect the kitchen gray to at least fill somewhat before the bath gray is actually full (when tied together), based on the tank config that I saw.
    Last edited by LMagelitz; 08-17-2022 at 01:11 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    What about the other way (bath full, kitchen 1/3)? We tend to fill up the bath side showering way before the kitchen side. Your 260RD is a year older than ours so they may have made some changes, but we don't get much/any equalization when the bath tank has more than the kitchen tank.
    Haven't tried it that way yet.

We have been camping in Provincial Parks without fresh water or sewer hookups and don't shower in the RV, so the kitchen grey tank fills faster than the bath. I'll will give it a try the next time we are in a full service campground. That will be in mid September.
    2022 F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 7.3
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2021 F150 SC SB XLT Sport 3.5 EB Max Tow - Sold
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 260RD - Sold

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    Here is a picture of how the tanks are configured down below. When I had the coroplast off for a repair I know I wanted to figure out if I could open both gray tanks and utilize 100 gallons of gray capacity for showers. I was on uneven ground at the time so I couldn't just measure to the bottom or top of each tank. I labeled the picture because I figured someone would eventually want to do what I wanted to do. The height of the tanks at the outlet end is about 8 3/4". Seeing all of this I never have filled the bath gray tank to see if ANY of the water would flow into the kitchen gray tank with both valves open and the Valtera Valve closed.

Attachment 42544
    That is awesome, Tx's. I could never have envisioned that!

My valves are open now Ha! Kitchen tank is reporting empty & bath gray is full.
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    @huntindog said the “grommet” fitting going into the top of the tank should be a good one. With that said, I’m with him…I think it will work. Best part about it is you can see the top of both tanks with the back wall removed. I say “let the tests begin!” ��

Regarding your question, I don’t think I’d rely on those sensor readings as perfect info. You may not actually be full on the bath tank. I would expect the kitchen gray to at least fill somewhat before the bath gray is actually full (when tied together), based on the tank config that I saw.
    The grommet is sort of like a sharkbite fitting. I had never seen anything like it, so I rigged up a test apparatus to see how it worked.
    I used soapy water and pushed the test pipe into the grommet to it's stop. I still have my test setup. That pipe is in it good, and I can't get it out without destroying it or the "test tank". I am confident that if installed properly, it won't leak... How ever there have been some reports of leaks. Probably due to sloppy installs If you test it with clean water and it passes, I think you are good to go. If it leaks, see if you can push the pipe into the grommet further. If so, then retest it.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    The grommet is sort of like a sharkbite fitting. I had never seen anything like it, so I rigged up a test apparatus to see how it worked.
    I used soapy water and pushed the test pipe into the grommet to it's stop. I still have my test setup. That pipe is in it good, and I can't get it out without destroying it or the "test tank". I am confident that if installed properly, it won't leak... How ever there have been some reports of leaks. Probably due to sloppy installs If you test it with clean water and it passes, I think you are good to go. If it leaks, see if you can push the pipe into the grommet further. If so, then retest it.
    It's on you, the valves are open

If you have a photo of the fitting it would be cool to see that. I wonder if they choose such a fitting to allow for movement such as swelling, heat etc. Maybe not something you want rigid.
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's on you, the valves are open

If you have a photo of the fitting it would be cool to see that. I wonder if they choose such a fitting to allow for movement such as swelling, heat etc. Maybe not something you want rigid.
    I can't post pics here.
    And I think you are correct in that a ridgid connection is bad. My 2001 had a ridgid connection for drain pipe into the grey tank. It broke and nearly ruined our trip. I ended up at a small town hardware store and cobbeled together a way to reconnect it with a flexible connection. That fix was still working when I sold it 10 years later.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be easy to do manually. Just use a bucket to transfer drained water from the fuller tank and pour it down the sink with the lower tank level.
    2020 Momentum 25G
    2011 RAM 2500 4x4 Megacab 6.7 Diesel

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think

Having 2ea Grey Tanks, I learned from this forum(not the owners manual) . One is for bathroom shower & sink, the second for the Kitchen sink, no cross flow between the tanks. Learning from the forum I installed a gate valve @ the end of the sewer drain. Then I should be able open to both Gray tank drain gate valves & the levels should equalized.

I tried this today & the results are not as expected, one tank was 2/3's the second was 1/3. Now, one tank indicates full & the other is empty. I don't think this is a good thing, or will the water start to fill the empty tank.

Has anyone seen this & what have you done?

Initially I wondered about the elevation of the tanks & would they be the same. My guess would be low in the frame, maybe not, maybe the bathroom is higher.

Thinking out loud if the trap for the kitchen sink is above the tank it should equalize.....me thinks
    Having a 2" gate valve that closes flow in only one way makes sense. However, it is subject to a "ball valve" effect. If two different liquids go through the same valve, the liquid coming in will solids in the tank and the liquid going out will be liquid. This solids will tend to collect in the bottom of the tank, so one tank will tend to overflow.
    To prevent this, one has to install a check valve, which lets liquids flow through the valve in either direction. Flow in one direction will not let anything enter the tank, and flow in the other direction will not let the tank overflow.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Timorthy, looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast