User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Hoopy Frood

Quote Originally Posted by Boofy1 View Post
    Not sure how to respond to your post sonce im new to forum. Appreciate your swift reply. Weather here is bad so i will go out tomorrow and check taking your suggestion. The part that breaks on motor is portion that is attached to mortoe with screw. If this post gets to you, let me know amnd i’ll try to be more descriptive.k
    Use the quote feature on the bottom of a persons post or tag them with @
    @Hoopy Frood
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey. Thanks for the prompt response. It is currently raining so i’ll be checking the cross shaft when rv is on truck tomorrow. As i recall, it does move - where it breaks is between the rod and motor. There is an extention from motor to rod which is attached with a screw. The screw holds but breaks off on the metal extension from the motor. I don’t know if that extention is a permanent part of the motor or if can be replaced. The mobile repair guy i use, who replaced the jacks to the tune of $1,100 came over to look at it and said “it shouldn’t have done that” and I haven’t heard from him in three weeks. I”ll get back to you tomorrow. Again, thanks for helping out.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say about now, but it used to be those gearboxes were really weak, almost plastic. Not uncommon to have issues, but if the cross shaft is causing the problem, it would be best see how easily the shaft turns without a load and with a load. The gear reduction should allow you turn the shaft even with the foot on the ground, may have to use a wrench, but a fairly small one.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Boofy1
    @Hoppy Frood

I merged the 2 threads ion hopes of keeping the help coming from Hoppy Frood to Boofy1......
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boofy1 View Post
    Im new to the forum and to this 5th wheel, so pardon if i’m in the wrong place. My 150 Reflection does not have an automatic leveling. Rear leveling is manual but front is done with push button. Each time i use the front leveling system, the rod that connects both front jacks seems to break off at the motor. Had jacks replaced and still have problem? Help!
    If it is the square tubing rod (runs the whole width of the front bay) which connects both landing gear legs together then most likely a bolt or bolts on each end of that rod have sherd off or barely caching. These bolts are located about 2 inches inward from each end and these bolts pass through a shaft that extends out of the top of the landing gear.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Levelers

The square rod with a bolt at each end is fine. What sheared off is connection from the motorbtobthebsquare tube. The leveler on the end where motor is attached does allow that leg to go up and down but because the metal connection to the square bar is broke, the only way to lower foot is to do so by hand. Darn, wish i knew the terminology better.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Levelers

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I can't say about now, but it used to be those gearboxes were really weak, almost plastic. Not uncommon to have issues, but if the cross shaft is causing the problem, it would be best see how easily the shaft turns without a load and with a load. The gear reduction should allow you turn the shaft even with the foot on the ground, may have to use a wrench, but a fairly small one.
    Don’t know if i am doing the response correctly but here goes. The square tube that goes from one end to the other is fine including the bolts. The bolts are not sheard-off. If there was a weaker bolt, the break would have been at this bolt. But, What is the problem is the metal piece that connects the motor to the square tube actually broke. The leveler motor does move the leg on the side of the motor up and down. I have to manually move (turn) the opposite side because the rod is not attached to motor. I guess, the solution is to replace the gear box? But why did this happen in the first place. I had the two sides (levelers) replaced to the tune of $1,100 when the bolts on the square rod sheared off. That, my mobile mechanic, said would correct the problem. Well, it didn’t and now he is not responding to my calls.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said, those gearboxes are not notably robust, but it still takes a bit of force to break one. Normal usage shouldn't do it, so you have to consider what is putting so much strain on that part that it breaks. About the only thing that comes to mind is the offside leg is requiring waaay too much force to rotate and lower the leg. There is a 90° gear at the top of the leg, which rotates a screw that raises and lowers the leg. Does the problem seem to occur at about the same place when lowering? You can pull the cap off the top of the leg and examine the 90° gear, it just pops off. Maybe try greasing the screw itself, not easy, but you can reach up inside with something skinny and smear some grease. Or drill a hole in the leg and spray some lube on the screw while it is turning. Just some suggestions.

That trailer shouldn't be heavy enough to cause issues.
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 03-14-2023 at 09:51 AM.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the photo did the break occur at 1 or 2?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26CDDC1A-1C19-4D34-B446-A8092C1712C4.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	45309
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just sacrifice the master bedroom access to the bathroom direct and the slideout with the extra storage. We have the 28BH and love it. Just hope our schwintek slide doesn’t give the problems many see.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast