User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Samsung Residential Refrigerator Not Working While Towing?

Last edited by NB Canada; 04-30-2023 at 11:50 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    I've spent an aggravating morning searching for the inverter and have finally located it. The most unlikely and difficult place to locate it. It is located behind the pass thru curbside wall mounted to the floor up against the outside wall so that you cannot read the led display. To access it has to be unscrewed from the floor. I truly wish it had been mounted on the ceiling in the front hatch like others have mentioned. It is a WFCO 1000Watt Pure Sine Wave inverter, Model Number WF-5110R. There is no manual supplied with my Grand Design packet or mention of it in the Grand Design manual. When you push the remote inverter button the green led lights up and the fan on the inverter turns on. An amber light is displayed on the inverter. I see no led number readouts. Naturally no trouble shooting suggestions on the inverter cover. Guess I need to call the manufacturer tomorrow and do an internet search. I'm thinking the inverter is toast and probably expensive. I see no GFI receptacle on the inverter or near it. It plugs into a standard 110 volt outlet. Any suggestions or advice appreciated.
    Hi fam5mel, I am really sorry for beating this to death and I might have misread some of your earlier posts, but do any of your 120v AC outlets provide power when shore power is disconnected?
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sending this link to manual. I will proceed thru the troubleshooting section this morning. Hard for a big guy to crawl inside the space behind pass thru wall. Inverter is mounted directly under the bottom step going up to bedroom and pushed up tight against outside wall. Only way to see fault LEDs and LCD display is to unscrew it from floor and rotate it. Not much room for a screwdriver to remove screws. Bad enough they placed it out of sight behind a wall, but they took the extra step to make it so you can't read the display once you access it!
    2020 Solitude 2930RL
    2021 GMC Denali 3500HD Standard Bed
    B&W RVK3710 Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked out my inverter today. Verified it is receiving 120 volt supply. It plugs into a non GFI receptacle. Refrigerator runs on shore power so I’m guessing no problem with refrigerator outlet. When I turn off shore power the inverter shows an amber light verifying that it is in inverter mode. I have verified that I have 12.9 volts feeding into the inverter from batteries. The LCD display indicates 12.9 volts DC, 0 amps and 0 volts AC. I suspect inverter is toast but wish I could confirm that before ordering a new one. I’ve called WFCO, the manufacturer but have yet to receive a call back.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL
    B&W RVK3710 Hitch

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked out my inverter today. Verified it is receiving 120 volt supply. It plugs into a non GFI receptacle. Refrigerator runs on shore power so I’m guessing no problem with refrigerator outlet. When I turn off shore power the inverter shows an amber light verifying that it is in inverter mode. I have verified that I have 12.9 volts feeding into the inverter from batteries. The LCD display indicates 12.9 volts DC, 0 amps and 0 volts AC. I suspect inverter is toast but wish I could confirm that before ordering a new one. I’ve called WFCO, the manufacturer but have yet to receive a call back.
    There is an AC output circuit breaker on the inverter, have you checked if it is tripped or off? (Looks like it's on the back)

Also have you tried restarting the inverter? Disconnect 12V and then reconnect.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    There is an AC output circuit breaker on the inverter, have you checked if it is tripped or off? (Looks like it's on the back)

Also have you tried restarting the inverter? Disconnect 12V and then reconnect.
    I’ve disconnected 12 volts but haven’t tried breaker. Breaker doesn’t want to toggle. Was afraid I would break it. I’ve read that others have had trouble with that breaker toggling. I’ll try it again tomorrow.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL
    B&W RVK3710 Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I would give an update on my inverter issue. I suspected that the inverter was toast and after a call to a Grand Design rep and a service tech from WFCO that has been confirmed. Thats better than the alternative of a wiring issue from the inverter to refrigerator outlet in my opinion. Replace it and move on versus tracing down a broken wire or loose connection in the wall or belly of camper. The WFCO-5110R is kind of an old school electronics inverter. It uses transfer relays to switch between shore power and inverter power. Over time these relays, like most relays arc at the contacts, and sometimes stick closed. In my case they stuck closed on the shore power side. Thus, no inverter power. I've ordered a replacement and hope to have it early next week. My kudos to Grand Design for their troubleshooting help. Answered on the first call. WFCO provided excellent trouble shooting assistance, it just took three days to get ahold of them. They were apologetic and said they are running on a skeleton crew because they can't get any help. Typical of most businesses these days. I plan to address two issues I found. Both the inverter and converter are mounted to the floor behind the pass through wall. In the event of a water leak they would be toast. I plan to raise them up off the floor out of flood range. I have one question concerning these inverters. In researching different inverter manufacturers their information states that they are not to be mounted in the same compartment as the batteries. This is due to possibility of a fire or explosion. So as others here have mentioned, theirs are mounted in the front hatch, on the ceiling where batteries are located. How does Grand Design or any RV manufacturer skirt the safety factor?
    2020 Solitude 2930RL
    B&W RVK3710 Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    …I have one question concerning these inverters. In researching different inverter manufacturers their information states that they are not to be mounted in the same compartment as the batteries. This is due to possibility of a fire or explosion. So as others here have mentioned, theirs are mounted in the front hatch, on the ceiling where batteries are located. How does Grand Design or any RV manufacturer skirt the safety factor?
    Wondering if the batteries are installed in a sealed container that is vented to the outside. The sealed battery box would prevent any gasses from leaking into the storage compartment and the vents would ensure the battery box does not have any build up of gasses.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I would give an update on my inverter issue. I suspected that the inverter was toast and after a call to a Grand Design rep and a service tech from WFCO that has been confirmed. Thats better than the alternative of a wiring issue from the inverter to refrigerator outlet in my opinion. Replace it and move on versus tracing down a broken wire or loose connection in the wall or belly of camper. The WFCO-5110R is kind of an old school electronics inverter. It uses transfer relays to switch between shore power and inverter power. Over time these relays, like most relays arc at the contacts, and sometimes stick closed. In my case they stuck closed on the shore power side. Thus, no inverter power. I've ordered a replacement and hope to have it early next week. My kudos to Grand Design for their troubleshooting help. Answered on the first call. WFCO provided excellent trouble shooting assistance, it just took three days to get ahold of them. They were apologetic and said they are running on a skeleton crew because they can't get any help. Typical of most businesses these days. I plan to address two issues I found. Both the inverter and converter are mounted to the floor behind the pass through wall. In the event of a water leak they would be toast. I plan to raise them up off the floor out of flood range. I have one question concerning these inverters. In researching different inverter manufacturers their information states that they are not to be mounted in the same compartment as the batteries. This is due to possibility of a fire or explosion. So as others here have mentioned, theirs are mounted in the front hatch, on the ceiling where batteries are located. How does Grand Design or any RV manufacturer skirt the safety factor?
    Good job with your persistence. Also with your updates.

Our invertor was toast when we took delivery. The tech doing the walk thru did not even know what the invertor switch was ( it would not turn on for me ).
    GD sent me a new one to my house and I installed it off the floor and away from the water a bit. Our inverter is never turned off. I have the frig running all the time (we are full-time rv'ers) on pure sine wave power.

Blank screen and wired up.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spent an aggravating morning searching for the inverter and have finally located it. The most unlikely and difficult place to locate it. It is located behind the pass thru curbside wall mounted to the floor up against the outside wall so that you cannot read the led display. To access it has to be unscrewed from the floor. I truly wish it had been mounted on the ceiling in the front hatch like others have mentioned. It is a WFCO 1000Watt Pure Sine Wave inverter, Model Number WF-5110R. There is no manual supplied with my Grand Design packet or mention of it in the Grand Design manual. When you push the remote inverter button the green led lights up and the fan on the inverter turns on. An amber light is displayed on the inverter. I see no led number readouts. Naturally no trouble shooting suggestions on the inverter cover. Guess I need to call the manufacturer tomorrow and do an internet search. I'm thinking the inverter is toast and probably expensive. I see no GFI receptacle on the inverter or near it. It plugs into a standard 110 volt outlet. Any suggestions or advice appreciated.
    On our Reflection their is a plug on the island under the counter on the end near the door that is also a gfci plug.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12