Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King jack antenna

Bought a 2018 2150RB with a king jack hdtv antenna came a signal finder installed and no coaxial cable coming down from the antenna to it connect to. Do you remove the head unit of the antenna to attach a coax cable and feed it down into the the box with the knob where you rotate the head unit to the strongest signal?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ironhead1970,
    Please explain this a bit more.... Do you have a King Jack head on top of a crank up antenna mast?

If so, that antenna head replaced the original "batwing" antenna head from Winegard. You basically have a Winegard Sensor IV antenna with a King Jack head.

If my assumption is right then there should be a coax coming from the antenna and into the boot at the base of the antenna and from there it goes into you roof cavity (attic). You can access it by removing the inside crank mechanism. It should connect to the RV's antenna connection that feeds to your antenna/cable wall plate switch.

As for a signal finder, that is something external as far as I know. Not knowing anything about it - if it is a feed through device then the antenna goes into one end and the RV's coax into the other. If it isn't a feed through then I'm not sure how they expect you to use it.

I'd suggest not bothering with some external signal finder and getting the app call "TV Towers" and use it to locate RV towers and manual point your antenna toward them.

btw - for your's and others' info - there is no such thing as an HDTV antenna; yea, lots are advertised, but antenna transmission hasn't changed since the beginning of TV transmissions; only what is transmitted (digital vs. analog) data. The "hype" has changed along with the 'snake oil' salesman' pitches.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winegard makes a booster with signal level indication built in that will fit in the space where the factory booster goes. The Sensar Pro. Doesn’t have the same cable config though, and I can’t recall the difference. Maybe only one output?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King jack antenna

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230520_205104.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	46424
    Is the signal meter supposed to fit inside the housing to turn the antenna. Or does it go somewhere else. If it's supposed to go inside the housing I can't see how it fits without using a drill to make room for the coaxial cable?

Thank you.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reposted this question with photos but I now believe I didn't need to spend the $25.00 dollars I could of use a app on my phone instead.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ironhead1970
    I merged the threads to avoid confusion between the same topic in 2 places.

Seeing the photo I am confused. So a few questions....

Is the king jack antenna mounted on top of a Winegard Sensor IV antenna mast (the kind that raises and lowers)?

Where is that signal meter mounted in the RV?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods