User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
    Sheesh... a regular e2 hitch is plenty for that truck and trailer. A ProPride or that Continuum thing are extreme overkill.
    We were right over the edge with the 7,800# Imagine and I knew the tongue weight was going to be near 1,000#. Turns out it runs from 825 to 1,130 depending on load. We were originally looking at the MLE and one of the Transcends. Going to pull with an Aviator but looking at real world weights made us reconfigure our ideas.

When we moved to the higher weight class of the 2600RB and hearing so many stories of folks moving from the brand X, Y, & Z weight distribution hitches to the ProPride or Hensley, it was a no brainer. I had zero desire to experience sway. So yes, Maybe overkill for an MLE, but then what is safety worth.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like one that I wouldn't have to deal with, store the bars. The Continuum offers that. I don't mind going a little overboard, I'd rather do that, than have too little. Our first tow vehicle was an F-150, and from where we are (KC) we go mainly west, Rockies etc. (Though we have a trip planned this fall to the NE.) On our first trip, our F-150 towing a HI-LO, were traveling Santa Fe, NM to Durango, CO. The F-150 (5.4) was doing it, but seemed like it working awfully hard. My wife looked at me and said, "we need a bigger truck!" Once in Durango I mentioned to the lady at the front that we were doing the drive from Durango to Silverton, and she asked what we were driving/pulling. When I told her and seemed to be struggling some, her response "well, it's not always how fast you go up, but how fast you go down. And bigger trucks will have bigger brakes, more suspension, etc." I've never forgot that, LOL.
    Last edited by jas451; 05-29-2023 at 06:46 PM.
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

2009 Ford F-250 6.8 v10 SuperDuty Lariat Crew Cab

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    You definitely will need a wdh. It isn’t an option
    Yes for sure.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First rig was a 23-foot Dutchmen Sport (3,900 GVW) pulled with a 1500 Silverado. Pulled fine, but I wouldn't have considered doing it without a WDH and an antisway bar.
    Darren & Lynne
    Innkeepers, Phineas Swann Inn & Spa, Montgomery, Vermont
    2023 Imagine 2670MK
    2024 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a "haulgauge" coming. Will probably shed some light on my current set up and maybe won't need a new WDH. The one I have works fine (I don't even know or remember what brand it is!) The bars are pretty heavy duty and seem to do the job. The haulgauge is suppose to give you some readings in regard to your weight distribution, so I'll see where I'm at then.
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

2009 Ford F-250 6.8 v10 SuperDuty Lariat Crew Cab

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12