User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    The legs work in pairs: rear and middle left side, rear and middle right side, and front. No way to isolate just one jack...that I know of.
    Will the legs work individually when auto-level is hit? It would seem that they would need to otherwise how would it level itself if, say, a middle leg was on a high spot 4 inches higher than the other leg attached to that circiut. Just guessing and trying to understand a different system. I have a 4 leg system.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Will the legs work individually when auto-level is hit? It would seem that they would need to otherwise how would it level itself if, say, a middle leg was on a high spot 4 inches higher than the other leg attached to that circiut. Just guessing and trying to understand a different system. I have a 4 leg system.
    I can tell you how mine work, but at this point, it's anyone's guess if it is working correctly. When I first hit auto-level, my front jacks will retract to bring the nose down below level. Then the front jacks will extend two times (synchronously) to approximate level, the last time just a small adjustment amount.

After approximate front to back level, my mid and rear off-door jacks will extend to ground contact followed by the door side mid and rear jacks to ground contact. The mid starts first but is followed by the rear overlapping so that both are extending at the same time but the mids make ground contact first. Not done yet.

All three off door jacks will then extend slightly to raise the off door side. This is followed by all three jacks on the door side doing the same. Usually, the off-door side will raise a small amount after the final door side extension. Sometimes (not always) front legs will go up again but just a minor amount.

During auto-level, the RV always raises - never lowers (except for the first nose down) during auto-level which really extends the jacks further than they need to go. I can manually level the RV lower.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Scott'n'Wendy, @xrated, @Hoopy Frood - Quick update and thanks for all of your comments - wish I had a more concrete answer.

The dealership can find nothing wrong with the leveling system (I have no confidence that they really diagnosed anything) but they are replacing the 80 amp Circuit Breaker - not quite sure why if they can't find anything wrong but I'll take it.

According to LCI tech, the whole issue resulted from removing the batteries after which 'they say' you must reset zero point calibration once reconnected or the 'brain' will get confused. First I had heard of that, but sure enough the day before I dropped it off, I reset zero point. Next afternoon, I hitched up and had a clamp meter on when I hit retract all - topped out at about 78amps until all the jacks were up and the motor started straining. CB shut leveling system off at 81amps with everything fully retracted.

That said, I'm exactly back to where I was last year - press hitch height and four rear jacks do not retract.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    @Scott'n'Wendy, @xrated, @Hoopy Frood - Quick update and thanks for all of your comments - wish I had a more concrete answer.

The dealership can find nothing wrong with the leveling system (I have no confidence that they really diagnosed anything) but they are replacing the 80 amp Circuit Breaker - not quite sure why if they can't find anything wrong but I'll take it.

According to LCI tech, the whole issue resulted from removing the batteries after which 'they say' you must reset zero point calibration once reconnected or the 'brain' will get confused. First I had heard of that, but sure enough the day before I dropped it off, I reset zero point. Next afternoon, I hitched up and had a clamp meter on when I hit retract all - topped out at about 78amps until all the jacks were up and the motor started straining. CB shut leveling system off at 81amps with everything fully retracted.

That said, I'm exactly back to where I was last year - press hitch height and four rear jacks do not retract.
    Thanks for the update, and a comment on the LCI tech's statement. In the late winter/early spring of last year, I replaced my two 6V GC batteries with a DIY 302AH LFP battery that I built. My system was without power for a couple of days as I made the switch over and got all the wiring and re-routing done, as well as adding other stuff for the system. When I finished installing the new battery and running through the charge procedure and then a load test for seeing exactly how much battery AH I had, I DID NOT have to reset the zero point on my Momentum. It was exactly like it was BEFORE the battery swap, and nothing has changed, even to this day. So obviously, I don't buy the LCI Tech's statement in the least.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    It was exactly like it was BEFORE the battery swap, and nothing has changed, even to this day. So obviously, I don't buy the LCI Tech's statement in the least.
    Have to agree. On our first trip to SD in May, I reset zero point two or three times along the way with my bubble level - just seemed like the nose was too low - bathroom sink/pot of water test test. Second trip to SD late August everything was good until I started to have issues with rear levelers not retracting and CB continuing to reset on retract all on way home. But that was after our really low voltage incident in NE - never touched zero point after until last Thursday even though it seemed centered then. Batteries were off most of Jan-Apr. I just reset it based upon the LCI tech's statement despite not buying it. No high amp draw now. I'm going to temporarily chalk this up to the one intermittent voltage drop in NE. That might have caused more behind the scene issues than I realized.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to agree. I replaced the battery in our trailer last year and never had any issues with having to reset the zero point. I think the techs don't know what caused it either and are grasping at straws. Thanks for the update though.

And you still can't get the rear jacks to retract when pressing Hitch Height?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to agree. I replaced the battery in our trailer last year and never had any issues with having to reset the zero point. I think the techs don't know what caused it either and are grasping at straws. Thanks for the update though.

And you still can't get the rear jacks to retract when pressing Hitch Height?
    Nope can't get them to retract unless I hit retract all. They were retracting with high amp draw until I reset zero point. After that only retract all brings them up.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you planning to take it back to the dealer to have it checked out? Or just tired of dealing with a techs who may be out of their depth?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Nope can't get them to retract unless I hit retract all. They were retracting with high amp draw until I reset zero point. After that only retract all brings them up.
    I can honestly say, I've never pushed the "retract all" button on mine. When I'm ready to hook up, I hit the hitch height button and the mid and rear levelers come up and then the hitch height engages and brings the front landing gear into position.....never found a need for retract all.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you planning to take it back to the dealer to have it checked out? Or just tired of dealing with a techs who may be out of their depth?
    It's still at the dealer - they ordered a new 80CB and had the wrong Schwintek parts and had to re-order from LCI (I knew that was going to happen) plus work through the warranty issues with GD even though LCI has approved replacement. I would like GD/LCI to give me a firm answer on how hitch height levelers should work but I'm not sure anyone there knows either.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast