User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Schwintek TSB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The profile of the rack is different on the bottom also. My rack definitely has the “inverted V” profile on the bottom.
    2020 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Ram 2500 SRW Cummins

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello - this post has been so helpful to us. Our 22mle has been in the shop for 3 weeks, slide stuck in. I suspect that it has one of these 'inverted' system faults. Timing seems right. I have had no idea how to find TSB documentation for the 'in wall slide system' (formerly known as schwintek). Now that I see the url, every things right there. We're at the mercy of the service dept at the dealer. They've ordered the rebuild kit and we're waiting for it to arrive. I do a daily check in at the service dept. Just hoping and praying there is a tech available to do the installation correctly. Thanks again. I love this forum.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hissy603 View Post
    They've ordered the rebuild kit and we're waiting for it to arrive. I do a daily check in at the service dept. Just hoping and praying there is a tech available to do the installation correctly. Thanks again. I love this forum.
    Best of luck on both counts. I specifically asked two weeks before service appointment if dealer had the standard style or inverted style and to verify the part number. Of course they answered everything was in stock. NOT. They took the before measurements and sent them out but Grand Design has to approve the warranty work and measurements are not my problem - gear mesh thumping is. I have no idea what the dealership is going to do if anything now. LCI has approved the replacement - Grand Design may not if the measurements are within tolerances.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called Lippert technical support this morning and they opened a ticket for me. Slide parts mfg date is 10/5/2021 on the label. Dealer not overjoyed at my findings or the ticket. They have ordered the parts from GD and were trying to get approval for parts and labor from my extended warranty. And expected to have us pay freight! I pointed out the TSB repair detail and they gave me some bs about 'having to go through the warranty review process.' Labor rate referenced on the TSB is 5 hours for the work. Hmmmm....a little nervous about them yanking us around for a few more weeks☹️.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm in the same waiting game. Lippert has authorized 3.5 hours but it takes longer so dealer has to work the warranty through Grand Design for the extra hours since they have to pull the slide completely out. Lippert also wants 8 alignment photos before and after.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello - our slide is also stuck in so dismantling the mechanism and getting it out is not part of the work Lippert covers. What a tangle!

Best of luck with your situation, I sincerely hope it all works out for you.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by palm22 View Post
    Don’t go by just the mfg. date. Mine is 4/14 but I definitely have the inverted racks according to the picture comparison and I’m showing some damage on the lower rack. I’ll be sending pictures to LCI.[ATTACH=CONFIG]46599
    Have you heard back from LCI? I have the same situation as you. 22RBE built in May 22. The slide sticker Date of Manufacture is 5/2/22 but its the inverted slide.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whre is the sticker that shows the DOM for the slide mechanism?
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NM found it.
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hissy603 View Post
    Hello - our slide is also stuck in so dismantling the mechanism and getting it out is not part of the work Lippert covers. What a tangle!

Best of luck with your situation, I sincerely hope it all works out for you.
    Stay on top of this. Lippert authorized a complete replacement. Dealer ordered an inverted repair kit leaving the defective design intact which doesn't adhere to the TSB or what Lippert says should be ordered let alone what they will pay for. I've escalated this up at Grand Design and the area rep is going to contact the dealer. Only found out by accident as I called GD Parts for a part number clarification on another item and they just happened to tell me that they shipped out an inverted 'repair kit' to the dealer. Seems the TSB isn't well known in GD either as I had to give them the number and they are confused about what the dealer ordered. Not sure GD has a part number for the LCI replacement system.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast