User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Moppie, when replying to comments, it would help if you used the "Reply With Quote" button on the lower right of the post you are referring back to (like I did). This way, the person you are commenting to will know, and it makes the thread easier to read.

John
    If I use the reply with quote and than use post quick reply does this come directly to you? I'm rather new to this so bear with me always trying to improve, Thanks

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moppie14 View Post
    Are youusing the side cameras, if so how do they work?
    Hi there. You probably didn't mean to quote yourself when you asked this question a couple of messages back. No worries, it gets easy fast.

I don't know who you were asking, but we have the Furrion side cameras. They work OK, generally well enough to be useful aids in backing up. They don't show as much of the trailer as I'd like, so spatial reference isn't as good as hoped. Also, they seem to be less-robustly connected to the monitor, perhaps because they don't have antennas. The video from the side cameras can be a bit slow/jerky at times, which is no problem at all when backing up but is disappointing when on a highway and you'd like the side cameras to help with traffic and lane changes. I'm not at all sorry we have them, would buy them again, but they're not perfect.

If I use the reply with quote and than use post quick reply does this come directly to you? I'm rather new to this so bear with me always trying to improve, Thanks
    Click on the Reply With Quote link in the message that you want to respond to. That copies the text you're responding to into your response, which improves context and helps everyone understand what you're writing about. It also sends a notification to the person you're responding to, improving the odds that they will return to the thread and see your response. Yes, clicking on the Post Quick Reply button after you've composed your message posts your message AND the notification to the person your responding to.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using a PC or your phone to access the forum? If using a PC (laptop, chromebook, etc), it's easier to see what's happening when you post with "Reply with Quote". It puts the quoted text as well as your response to the quoted text in the same box. This is what makes it so much easier to follow the thread. It also sends a message to the person you quoted, letting them know they were quoted. Another useful feature is the little box next to the "Reply With Quote" button. That's the little quotation mark with the "+" sign. This allows you to quote more than one person in the same response. This is what boyscout used above in his response. That feature takes a little getting used to, but is also a great feature. Play around with it, we won't mind...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other feature that's nice is on the bottom left of the post, there are two boxes. One says "Thanks for this post" and the other says "Like this post". This way you can acknowledge someones response without quoting or replying. That also sends a message to the poster that they have been "liked"or "thanked". You can also use a feature known as "Mentioned". To do that, you use the "@" sign followed by their user name. As an example @moppie14 will send you a message that you have been mentioned in a post. This is useful to get a forum members attention in case they may not be following a particular thread but you seek their input.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No lag with our side views. Ours are located at the front of the overhang of the 5er, so they're nearly the same level of the in-cab monitor, which is sitting on the truck's dash, and not far from it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 381m Momentum which is about 45 feet long, I'm looking to purchase a rear monitor, will I need a repeater to get a good signal to the monitor in the truck cab? looking for advice before I make a purchase, also experience on which cameras works.
    Check voltage at camera before installing. I have a 2018 303rls. The camera mount was wired to be on all the time- didn’t make sense to me. I tapped into the marker lights. Camera worked, but dropped out a lot. I believe most wireless cameras need a minimum of 11.5 volts (more is better). Mine was pulling 9.7 volts. I changed the marker and taillights to led and gained 2 volts. All seems good now. Of course wired is best, but running the wiring would be a real hassle. There are a lot of opinions on what camera is best. Get one that will fit the mount or has an adapter to fit the mount.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 381M as well and I am using the Furrion Vision 5 5" with no repeater and get great results. When I disconnect the truck and am pulled forward 8-10 feet I still have video in the truck cab, so signal strength has never been an issue. I find the system extremely useful on the highway. I use it to verify I am clear of someone to change lanes when I see their front bumper in the camera. I went with the 5" system because the larger displays took up a lot of the front windshield view while driving.

I also have the TST 507 Series 6 Sensor TPMS System with Color Display installed for tire pressure monitoring. I did use the repeater for that since it came with the system. The repeater is easily mounted in the front storage bay. There has been no interference at all with the Furrion Vision S system. Similar to above when my truck is pulled 8-10 feet away from the RV I get a strong signal from all tires.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKilmer View Post
    I have a 381M as well and I am using the Furrion Vision 5 5" with no repeater and get great results. When I disconnect the truck and am pulled forward 8-10 feet I still have video in the truck cab, so signal strength has never been an issue. I find the system extremely useful on the highway. I use it to verify I am clear of someone to change lanes when I see their front bumper in the camera. I went with the 5" system because the larger displays took up a lot of the front windshield view while driving.

I also have the TST 507 Series 6 Sensor TPMS System with Color Display installed for tire pressure monitoring. I did use the repeater for that since it came with the system. The repeater is easily mounted in the front storage bay. There has been no interference at all with the Furrion Vision S system. Similar to above when my truck is pulled 8-10 feet away from the RV I get a strong signal from all tires.
    Do you also have the rear awning? The camera would mount above the awning and still get good vision.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have the rear awning. The camera was easy to adjust to look over the top of the awning, but it does restrict the look down angle a little. Even with the camera I still use a spotter when I back up, it just makes me feel more comfortable.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKilmer View Post
    I do have the rear awning. The camera was easy to adjust to look over the top of the awning, but it does restrict the look down angle a little. Even with the camera I still use a spotter when I back up, it just makes me feel more comfortable.
    I also use a rear spotter, my main concern was to be able to see what is behind me when traveling. Thanks again for your response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12