User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New RVers here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Congratulations on your retirement. Our dealer had a Reflection model in the production process, and we made one change and took delivery in 2 weeks. I had to scramble to come up with the $ to pay him that fast. RV manufacturers have production "slots" reserved. On retail orders, I would hope your dealer would have a "slot" reserved to where it won't take you so long.

And by the way, Grand Design will take your trailer off their assembly line to Morryde for the axle/brake conversion.

When you get your Solitude, be sure to take a few short trips to local campgrounds to get used to handling such a big rig. Long trips need to be reserved for a little later. And I hope your SuperDuty truck is a F350 dually as the Solitudes have too much kingpin weight for my F250 Superduty.

Hi Banaman. That's good to know about the production slots. I need to call our dealer next week and get an update on the order.

Yes, I've read about GD having the IS installed pre-delivery but seeing as how MORryde will build and install this to your specific truck height I think I would prefer that. I've got about a 2" lift on the rear so I want to make sure I get this right. Besides we'll get to take a trip to Indiana.

Thanks for all the good info.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Welcome to the clubs (the forum and retirement ).
    Thanks SGT. I'm enjoying them both.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @oskur d - Welcome to the forum ! 310s are a top selling GDRV and a top selling Solitude. The FBP option is really nice.

Brian @bertschb is a long time forum member on his 3rd GDRV.....a new 310. They recently got their new FBP 310 with MORRyde installed. GDRV did take and bring back their 310 to the GDRV factory after MORryde was installed.

I'm sure Brian will chime in. He is a knowledgeable and valued poster as with many of the great folks here.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oskur d View Post
    Yes, I've read about GD having the IS installed pre-delivery but seeing as how MORryde will build and install this to your specific truck height I think I would prefer that. I've got about a 2" lift on the rear so I want to make sure I get this right.
    When I was considering MORryde IS, I was also concerned about making sure the height of the RV was matched to my truck. My problem was I hadn't yet taken delivery of my truck and also I didn't really want to drive from Oregon to Indiana and back if I could avoid it. The reason I was particularly concerned is my new truck is a Ford Tremor with a roughly 2" factory lift so it rides higher than the non-Tremor model. Plus, Ford dropped the bed height of the 2020 trucks. With these changes, nobody really knew how tall the Tremor was. In the end I decided to have MORryde just add their maximum suspension lift which is 2". Pretty simple really. I was overthinking it like usual. My last two RV's were slightly nose high and I figured I'd rather have a little extra bed rail clearance than not enough. This worked out really well for me as the height of the RV ended up being 13' 5.5" when leveled to my truck and it's not recommended to exceed 13' 6".

Grand Design transported my RV to MORryde for the IS work then picked it up and brought it back to have the FBP applied. From there, it went back to Grand Design to have the external bits and pieces (e.g. awnings) installed and then a final PDI completed prior to shipping. Grand Design did a fantastic job keeping me informed during this whole process. Super happy with that!

Having said all of this - if I lived near Indiana or wanted to make the drive just for fun, I would have preferred being at the MORryde plant while the work was being done.

The combination of the MORryde pinbox, MORryde IS and Trailersaver air bag hitch makes for a super smooth ride! You made excellent equipment choices. You will love it!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    When I was considering MORryde IS, I was also concerned about making sure the height of the RV was matched to my truck. My problem was I hadn't yet taken delivery of my truck and also I didn't really want to drive from Oregon to Indiana and back if I could avoid it. The reason I was particularly concerned is my new truck is a Ford Tremor with a roughly 2" factory lift so it rides higher than the non-Tremor model. Plus, Ford dropped the bed height of the 2020 trucks. With these changes, nobody really knew how tall the Tremor was. In the end I decided to have MORryde just add their maximum suspension lift which is 2". Pretty simple really. I was overthinking it like usual. My last two RV's were slightly nose high and I figured I'd rather have a little extra bed rail clearance than not enough. This worked out really well for me as the height of the RV ended up being 13' 5.5" when leveled to my truck and it's not recommended to exceed 13' 6".

Having said all of this - if I lived near Indiana or wanted to make the drive just for fun, I would have preferred being at the MORryde plant while the work was being done.

The combination of the MORryde pinbox, MORryde IS and Trailersaver air bag hitch makes for a super smooth ride! You made excellent equipment choices. You will love it!

Thanks Bert. Good info about the additional height on your Tremor. Makes me a little more at ease that it will all be do-able on my end. I had the Carli pin-top suspension installed on the truck which leveled out the front but raised the rear about 2" The ride is superb compared to the stock set-up.

I won't mind the trip to Indiana, in fact looking forward to it. Never been there before. It will be our first long trip.

Almost all the info I used for the IS and BD5 hitch I got from the wonderful people right here. Absolutely invaluable.

Stay safe in these uncertain times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats!
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our Solitude on 3/6 and just got an update from our dealer (today) that our new “off the line” date is 6/16. We were originally expecting to take delivery the first week of May. With all that is going on, we are not counting on this, but that is our most recent date provided! Hope this helps!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you got the big stuff covered. I'd recommend watching a ton of YouTube videos. You can probably even find some stuff specific to both your camper and your tow rig. Good luck, have a blast. We did!
    Neil and Liz Cotter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMS520 View Post
    We ordered our Solitude on 3/6 and just got an update from our dealer (today) that our new “off the line” date is 6/16. We were originally expecting to take delivery the first week of May. With all that is going on, we are not counting on this, but that is our most recent date provided! Hope this helps!

Thanks LMS. I spoke with our dealer yesterday. GD will be resuming production on 5/4 and they estimated that ours will be ready around Aug. 1. That will work out just fine for us. The country probably won't open up until then anyway. (Wow, that's sure a strange sounding statement!). Good luck with your delivery date.
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS w/disc brakes, solar
    2019 F350 Lariat 4WD LB SRW Powerstroke, Carli PinTop suspension, Firestone airbags, Hensley BD5
    1952 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door Sport Coupe, (body off resto) original 216 Stovebolt (a whopping 95 hp)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil...AKA...Neil View Post
    Sounds like you got the big stuff covered. I'd recommend watching a ton of YouTube videos. You can probably even find some stuff specific to both your camper and your tow rig. Good luck, have a blast. We did!
    Neil and Liz Cotter

Hi Neil & Liz. I've found a lot of good info on YT. As you probably know there are several couples that fulltime and share their experiences. Some are very good. Others (although informative) are just too annoying to watch. Now that I've got the big stuff I'm working on the little stuff. The list is loooong. I am losing weight though because my wallet is getting lighter by the day.
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS w/disc brakes, solar
    2019 F350 Lariat 4WD LB SRW Powerstroke, Carli PinTop suspension, Firestone airbags, Hensley BD5
    1952 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door Sport Coupe, (body off resto) original 216 Stovebolt (a whopping 95 hp)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast