Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Central Vac circuit breaker

Just taking our 351M out for its 1st test run overnight. We are at a KOA with solid 50 amp power. While running the central vacuum with minimal other power being used we popped the refrigerator 15 amp circuit breaker.

I learned looking on this forum that the vacuum and refrigerator are tied together on this breaker, through the breaker itself is only labeled refer. My problem is that the breaker will not reset. I have turned off the main 50 amp breaker and that didn't help. Resetting power at the pedestal didn't work either. The blue refer fuse is fine.

The refer breaker will click off and then 'float' in the middle; it will not click on. We had the fridge off and now on propane. Nothing lets that breaker stay on.

I am considering pulling the breaker and getting a new one at Home Depot. The dealer can get us in next week if necessary. Any suggestions?? Thanks
    Dave & Connie w/ 2 Vizslas -- Spokane, WA
    2019 Ram 3500 SRW Aisin
    2021 Momentum 351M
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unplug both the refrigerator and central vac. Try the breaker. Maybe one has a dead short preventing the CB from being reset.

Or.... swap the breaker with a different one and see what happens. CAUTION - TURN THE POWER OFF FIRST!

Let us know.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Larry, thanks for the reply. I tried that and it still wouldn't reset. Went to HD and bought a replacement double pole 15 amp breaker. Powered down the mains and swapped out the breaker. Powered up and everything works.

Glad I avoided a trip to the dealer. No telling how long it would sit there.

In addition to the vac and refer, the whole couch slide power is on that one circuit, including the outdoor TV. Might look into splitting those up somehow.

Thanks again.
    2019 Ram 3500 SRW Aisin
    2021 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may sound silly, but when the breaker tripped it's now in the center position. To reset the breaker, flip it to the "off" position, it may or may not click, then flip it to "on". Hope that works and keep us posted.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Tracy View Post
    Hey Larry, thanks for the reply. I tried that and it still wouldn't reset. Went to HD and bought a replacement double pole 15 amp breaker. Powered down the mains and swapped out the breaker. Powered up and everything works.

Glad I avoided a trip to the dealer. No telling how long it would sit there.

In addition to the vac and refer, the whole couch slide power is on that one circuit, including the outdoor TV. Might look into splitting those up somehow.

Thanks again.
    Glad it worked out, Dave. I'd have done the same - replaced the CB myself just to avoid a trip to a dealer.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey John, yeah it would flip and click in the off position, just wouldn't click back to 'on'.

The new breaker works just fine.

We are hoping to take our Spyder cross country soon, hope yours is working out well, take care!
    2019 Ram 3500 SRW Aisin
    2021 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Tracy View Post
    Hey John, yeah it would flip and click in the off position, just wouldn't click back to 'on'.

The new breaker works just fine.

We are hoping to take our Spyder cross country soon, hope yours is working out well, take care!
    I'm glad you got it sorted out Dave. It sounded silly but sometimes people forget the simple fixes when in a situation. We just got the Spyder about a week ago. It took some getting used to but I thing I've got the hang of it now. Lot's of fun! We plan on using it to tour around while on trips so we don't have to look for parking for the big truck...LOL. I'm not sure I'd take it across the country athough that does sound like quite the adventure! Safe travels...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]