Thread: Washer/Dryer?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much to do

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We just installed a Whirlpool pair in our 2020 310GK-R (they're just slightly narrower and less deep than the Splendide). BE AWARE!! There are faults/oversights in the 310 design in terms of installing the washer and dryer. Both the bedroom and W/D closet door frames - not just the doors - must be removed to get the machines in. In addition, the location where the dryer vent sticker is cannot be used. The rear wall of the closet must be removed, modified, and the dryer vent rerouted. In total, two experienced techs at our dealer spent over six hours last week installing our W/D. In the end, though, we are very happy to have them. The washer has a decent sized drum and is rated for a 15 lb. load. Dryer about the same.

Rob

Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Thanks to you we have decided not to install a washer/dryer in our RV. Huge design flaw! I guess if we want one, we'll just have to get a new rv.
    You have saved us a lot of money and great frustration. Thank you so much!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksgg View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Thanks to you we have decided not to install a washer/dryer in our RV. Huge design flaw! I guess if we want one, we'll just have to get a new rv.
    Yes, the "washer/dryer" closet in the Solitude 310GK is a huge design flaw - at best. It's really false advertising. There is an alternative though - a ventless combo unit.

We had separates in our first two Grand Design 5th wheels. Both of those installs required modifying the RV slightly but at least the dryer venting was straightforward. I did both installs and it was easy. The design of the 310 is so bad we decided to try something I never thought I would try - a ventless LG combo unit. The washer closet is still not deep or wide enough to accommodate LG washers so we had to remove the door frame and the door itself (permanently). We could have built a false floor in the closet and raised the washer high enough off the floor to push it back in between the aluminum frame at the back of the closet but that would have wasted closet space and require more work than we wanted to do.

In the end, the ventless washer/dryer combo unit slides into the closet fairly easily once you remove the door and left side frame and since there is no venting, I didn't have to spend a day screwing around with that because of the horrible 310GK closet design. We know the ventless unit will take a long time to do a load but the way we do laundry, it doesn't really matter. My wife goes to the sewing room in the morning and I hike/bike/golf each day so we will throw a load in when we leave in the morning and the laundry should be clean and dry when we return.

We've read that the ventless combo units can leave wrinkles in your clothes but my wife says she line dries virtually all of her clothes and I'm a guy so I don't care about wrinkles :-)

We figure the worst case scenario if this unit doesn't work is we'll bite the bullet and do what @Second Chance Rob did and get separates and let the dealer install them - and order a new closet door since we tossed the original.
    Last edited by bertschb; 05-16-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    Any pictures available to help me visualize what you are describing?
    I'm sorry, but I didn't bother the techs to get photos during the installation.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 390RK and it took my second time removing the dryer to find out that the dealer that installed our W/D removed the left side of the door molding. I was able (somehow) to remove the dryer without removing the door the first time, but second time I had to remove the door at the hinges and found out that the whole hinge side of the frame was loose. Much easier the second time. BTW, that door is heavier than you would have thunk..
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know if the 310 is the only one with issue? The 344 Floor plan looks similar in design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, does the 2019 Reflection 315RLTS water pump produce enough pressure to fill a Splendid washing machine? I can get it to fill on city water. But not using the water pump. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    Anyone know if the 310 is the only one with issue? The 344 Floor plan looks similar in design.
    Our first Grand Design 5th wheel required no modifications but it had separate washer and dryer spaces up front in the "walk in" closet. Our last two Grand Design 5th wheels had a separate closet for a stacked washer and dryer. Both required modifications. I would measure the closet of the 344 and see if it has enough room for whichever washer/dryer you plan to purchase. Some washer/dryer combos (Splendide and Whirlpool) fit easier than others.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12