User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    I used my floor jack along with a wooden block that I fabricated to fit under the equalizer. Then I put 6 ton floor jacks under the spring mounts, front & back. Got both wheels off the ground. Some folks use a roll-on lift jack which allows you to do one wheel at a time. Pics follow...

Attachment 26570Attachment 26571Attachment 26572]Attachment 26573
    I never knew whether to jack under the equalizer or not. Any worry doing this? Were you worried about the stands slipping out at all?
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Something is not tracking. GD said you should have them. Dexter says not. Time to call GD again, with your VIN and the serial # off the axels. Or probably pull a wheel and look, first. While in my case, I was irritated that the dealer promised I would get them, nothing was in writing, and at the time of the order they were shipping with manual brakes. So no real reason for a complaint. But if they are supposed to be there, and aren't.....
    On the Lippert version, the upgrade was not that expensive, and easy to do, if you are handy with doing any kind of work on the wheels at all. Probably same for Dexter, but why DIY if you can have GD fix what appears to be a mistake.
    I'll call GD again, but I tend to trust dexter if I have them or not based of the axle SN. My dealer also told me the trailer has them if I remember correctly, but also some trailers I looked at from other brands I remember seeing a decal somewhere on the rim or trailer that said never adjust brakes.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisopy View Post
    I never knew whether to jack under the equalizer or not. Any worry doing this? Were you worried about the stands slipping out at all?
    That equalizer supports 1/3 of the weight on that side normally plus the dynamic loading associated with bumps while in motion. I think it ought to be OK to support the full weight in static mode while carefully jacking for a short period but....don't know for sure. The stands were very secure on the spring hanger although the steel bar stock is relatively long so I would not want to put any side force on them - concerned about bending. I l guess I would rather be on the frame but that is way up there. I asked for suggestions on line and didn't get back any great ideas for jacking & support points. I think a lot of people use those drive-on jacks to get on wheel off the ground like this....but one person said that it did not lift his 2670mk high enough to get the adjoining wheel off the ground.

https://www.amazon.com/Andersen-Manu...9897939&sr=8-6
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That equalizer supports 1/3 of the weight on that side normally plus the dynamic loading associated with bumps while in motion. I think it ought to be OK to support the full weight in static mode while carefully jacking for a short period but....don't know for sure. The stands were very secure on the spring hanger although the steel bar stock is relatively long so I would not want to put any side force on them - concerned about bending. I l guess I would rather be on the frame but that is way up there. I asked for suggestions on line and didn't get back any great ideas for jacking & support points. I think a lot of people use those drive-on jacks to get on wheel off the ground like this....but one person said that it did not lift his 2670mk high enough to get the adjoining wheel off the ground.

https://www.amazon.com/Andersen-Manu...9897939&sr=8-6
    A member on another forum point this out to me. https://bottlejackbuddy.net/
    2020 Imagine Mk2670

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisopy View Post
    A member on another forum point this out to me. https://bottlejackbuddy.net/
    I like this thing however I contacted the bottle jack buddy folks and they said that if Dexter says not to jack on the axle (which they do), then they would not do it even with this tool.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this thing however I contacted the bottle jack buddy folks and they said that if Dexter says not to jack on the axle (which they do), then they would not do it even with this tool.
    Thanks, for pointing this out. I'm always leary of jacking under the axle tube.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123