User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anything, THE MUST HAVE is Sense of Humor!
    It goes along way with RVing.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pencka View Post
    I know I'm getting the cart before the horse here (we don't have the RV yet), but I've started a shopping list of must have things we will need for our trip from the Seattle area to Central Florida in a couple months, regardless of the RV we end up with. I have seen numerous lists and we have a good start on what we will need, and I have started a list of things on Amazon - looks like a number of items I had saved for later, are now currently unavailable.

I will shop for best price and availability (wherever I have to) - but my real question is this. One item on our list is the Teknor Zero G water hose. Undecided on whether to get the 25' or 50', or both - thoughts? The real question - do I need the 5/8" or 1/2" diameter for a Grand Design 2670MK (which is our rig of choice)? This hose(s) will be for drinking/potable. NOT for sewer/black tank flush or gray tank. Any suggestions on the hose for that purpose?
    Steve, how fat is your wallet and how thin do you want it to be?! A "must-have" list is very subjective.

Re: water hose, a too-long hose can always work, a too-short hose can't. It's true that 25 feet is most often enough at modern sites these days, but we have been glad to have 50' many times, especially at older sites where the water is often at the very back of the site. Maybe @FT4NOW's advice for two 25-foot 5/8" hose is best.

In addition to the main hose, I consider it "must-have" to set up with short hoses and quick-connectors in the water bay. Use the plastic hose input fittings in the Nautilus just once, to permanently attach the following:

https://www.amazon.com/HQMPC-Garden-...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

https://www.amazon.com/Flexzilla-Garden-Lead-Lightweight-Drinking/dp/B01D51VBF8/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=flexzilla+garden+hose +3%27&qid=1593453133&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/A8011-Deluxe-Pressure-Washer-Connect/dp/B01GNPJQL4/ref=sr_1_25?crid=2KOHNU98NT38N&dchild=1&keywords=h ose+quick+connect&qid=1593453044&sprefix=hose+quic k%2Caps%2C231&sr=8-25

Re: sewer hose, we've stayed in maybe 25% as many sites as @Always Learning but we have very frequently needed 20' of sewer hose and a half-dozen times we've needed more. Again, too much will always work, too little will not. We have three 10-footers. Plus you'll probably soon learn you want an extra gate valve at the sewer outlet, and some clear elbows so you can see what's going through. Here's the gate valve, which is used to prevent unpleasant surprises when you open the cap on the outlet port:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T50-...s%2C167&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T102...3455192&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-F023...3455215&sr=8-4

Unless you're planning to be at a full-service campsite 100% of the time you may want to add an extra battery, or go crazy and replace the battery with lithium batteries and solar. You may need a generator, and/or solar panels, to charge batteries. How thin did you say you wanted your wallet to be?

You'll need some blocks to go under your jacks. People buy various plastic commercial products and some like them for their light weight. However some of us buy 2" X 12" X 10-foot pressure-treated lumber and cut it up into one-foot pieces, stack them as needed under the jacks. A fraction of the cost of the plastic ones, and as long as you alternate grain as you're stacking them they will last ages, longer than some of the plastic blocks do.

You may want a good lock for your kingpin, to slow down someone who wants to pull your trailer away while you're off visiting.

You may need a way to check and fill your trailer's tires, especially if they're H-rated tires at 110psi. The VIAIR line is popular, the RV-450 one of the popular models. You may want a real-time tire pressure monitoring system.

You may want one or more cameras on your trailer. It will have a mount on the rear wall for the Furrion Vision S system which many people use, and Furrion also makes side-view cameras that can be added later. Other people have opted for other alternatives.

You'll need silicone spray for lubing things. You'll need disinfectant and rubber gloves for handling sewer stuff and for ensuring that what you're connecting your water too is clean - not everyone will be diligent about that when leaving a site.

You'll need some ATX (automotive type) fuses, an assortment including 15-amp, 10-amp, 7.5-amp at least.

You'll need tools - there's NO such thing as too many. Stuff stops working on these trailers all the time; prepare with at least basic mechanical and electrical tools.

If that list doesn't thin the wallet enough, we can give you LOTS more ideas.

One last bit of advice: when you pick up your trailer try to take along a friend who knows something about them and do a VERY thorough inspection of the trailer before you pay for it. The dealer is supposed to do this... very few of them do it. The dealer may present you with a long list of things that have already been checked - use the list to re-check EVERYTHING. Best to find problems before you pay for it because good service is in short supply throughout the industry. The dealer will be much more inclined to fix problems promptly if you haven't already paid.
    Last edited by boyscout; 06-29-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Steve, how fat is your wallet and how thin do you want it to be?! A "must-have" list is very subjective.

Re: water hose, a too-long hose can always work, a too-short hose can't. It's true that 25 feet is most often enough at modern sites these days, but we have been glad to have 50' many times, especially at older sites where the water is often at the very back of the site. Maybe @FT4NOW's advice for two 25-foot 5/8" hose is best.

In addition to the main hose, I consider it "must-have" to set up with short hoses and quick-connectors in the water bay. Use the plastic hose input fittings in the Nautilus just once, to permanently attach the following:

https://www.amazon.com/HQMPC-Garden-...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

https://www.amazon.com/Flexzilla-Garden-Lead-Lightweight-Drinking/dp/B01D51VBF8/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=flexzilla+garden+hose +3%27&qid=1593453133&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/A8011-Deluxe-Pressure-Washer-Connect/dp/B01GNPJQL4/ref=sr_1_25?crid=2KOHNU98NT38N&dchild=1&keywords=h ose+quick+connect&qid=1593453044&sprefix=hose+quic k%2Caps%2C231&sr=8-25

Re: sewer hose, we've stayed in maybe 25% as many sites as @Always Learning but we have very frequently needed 20' of sewer hose and a half-dozen times we've needed more. Again, too much will always work, too little will not. We have three 10-footers. Plus you'll probably soon learn you want an extra gate valve at the sewer outlet, and some clear elbows so you can see what's going through. Here's the gate valve, which is used to prevent unpleasant surprises when you open the cap on the outlet port:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T50-...s%2C167&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T102...3455192&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-F023...3455215&sr=8-4

Unless you're planning to be at a full-service campsite 100% of the time you may want to add an extra battery, or go crazy and replace the battery with lithium batteries and solar. You may need a generator, and/or solar panels, to charge batteries. How thin did you say you wanted your wallet to be?

You'll need some blocks to go under your jacks. People buy various plastic commercial products and some like them for their light weight. However some of us buy 2" X 12" X 10-foot pressure-treated lumber and cut it up into one-foot pieces, stack them as needed under the jacks. A fraction of the cost of the plastic ones, and as long as you alternate grain as you're stacking them they will last ages, longer than some of the plastic blocks do.

You may want a good lock for your kingpin, to slow down someone who wants to pull your trailer away while you're off visiting.

You may need a way to check and fill your trailer's tires, especially if they're H-rated tires at 110psi. The VIAIR line is popular, the RV-450 one of the popular models. You may want a real-time tire pressure monitoring system.

You may want one or more cameras on your trailer. It will have a mount on the rear wall for the Furrion Vision S system which many people use, and Furrion also makes side-view cameras that can be added later. Other people have opted for other alternatives.

You'll need silicone spray for lubing things. You'll need disinfectant and rubber gloves for handling sewer stuff and for ensuring that what you're connecting your water too is clean - not everyone will be diligent about that when leaving a site.

You'll need some ATX (automotive type) fuses, an assortment including 15-amp, 10-amp, 7.5-amp at least.

You'll need tools - there's NO such thing as too many. Stuff stops working on these trailers all the time; prepare with at least basic mechanical and electrical tools.

If that list doesn't thin the wallet enough, we can give you LOTS more ideas.

One last bit of advice: when you pick up your trailer try to take along a friend who knows something about them and do a VERY thorough inspection of the trailer before you pay for it. The dealer is supposed to do this... very few of them do it. The dealer may present you with a long list of things that have already been checked - use the list to re-check EVERYTHING. Best to find problems before you pay for it because good service is in short supply throughout the industry. The dealer will be much more inclined to fix problems promptly if you haven't already paid.

Well, LOL unlimited funds, NO! But I do want to get what is needed and required. But I also want to be safe, secure and prepared as best I can. As mentioned, this is new to me/us. So I have no choice but to ask for advice from experienced folks at sites such as this.

I have or have ordered, most of the items needed. Blocks, chocks, 2x25" water hose, Ive ordered 1ea. 15' and 1x10' extension, Rhino Extreme drain hose. Things I still need are the stabilizer hitch, and that'll wait till I actually know I'm getting the trailer. Fuses - still need some. Tools, I'm certain I'm covered there, less maybe Torque Wrenches - not sure they will come this round.

Thanks again for taking the time to furnish all that info!!

Steve

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if I want to contact GD to find out if they can tell me when I can expect a 2670MK in the area of the PNW, whom would I call? Phone Number? Dept.? Suggestions?

Thanks!
    Steve

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    On your list of must haves, we personally would include wine.
    And lots of it. [emoji16] Or other, maybe of a bit stronger, type. There will be a moment when you just want to down that quick shot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgerts View Post
    And lots of it. [emoji16] Or other, maybe of a bit stronger, type. There will be a moment when you just want to down that quick shot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The wine is already flowing - will have plenty of that for the stops - LOL!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pencka View Post
    Hello Folks!!

I know I'm getting the cart before the horse here (we don't have the RV yet), but I've started a shopping list of must have things we will need for our trip from the Seattle area to Central Florida in a couple months, regardless of the RV we end up with. I have seen numerous lists and we have a good start on what we will need, and I have started a list of things on Amazon - looks like a number of items I had saved for later, are now currently unavailable.

I will shop for best price and availability (wherever I have to) - but my real question is this. One item on our list is the Teknor Zero G water hose. Undecided on whether to get the 25' or 50', or both - thoughts? The real question - do I need the 5/8" or 1/2" diameter for a Grand Design 2670MK (which is our rig of choice)? This hose(s) will be for drinking/potable. NOT for sewer/black tank flush or gray tank. Any suggestions on the hose for that purpose?

Thanks!
    Steve (Total Newbie)
    Steve would you mind sharing the entire list of items necessary for the Inargural Trip?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chap442 View Post
    Steve would you mind sharing the entire list of items necessary for the Inargural Trip?
    List, what list?? Thats why I was asking the question on this site.

Steve

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing real handy if you have manual stabilizer jacks is a ryobi or other brand drill with two lithium batteries. Get the socket for the jacks and you have an easy job lowering or lifting them. Plus get the tire pump, dust buster, and whatever else you think you might need such as the light. The tire pump works great, you have a drill for repairs and the dust buster works great for minor clean up. Batteries last for lengthy trips without charging when boondocking, though we take the charger with us, just in case.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hose Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Hello Folks!!

Thanks!
    Steve (Total Newbie)
    We went with the larger diameter and a 50 ft hose. We got that so I could reach from our house to the rig to fill the tanks if going dry camping. The two 25’ segments would be best. We also have a hose caddy, flat one to keep it manageable! Only need to use enough length to connect, the other end reaches from the ground to the connection on the trailer. The unused portion just stays coiled underneath the trailer.

When buying, do not forget a pressure gauge/regulator to protect your rig. We also purchased an in-line water filter to help our water quality but that is a personal preference. I also use a wye connection at the end so I can attach an external hose if needed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast