User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2910RL, Kitchen slide frame pulling away frame...again

We purchased our new 2018 Imagine 2970RL in April 2018. We asked about the kitchen slide because, when closed, the bottom of the slide frame did not fit tight to the trailer (stuck out about 3/4 inch from the trailer frame and the top closed all the way). We were told that was normal. After getting home, we noticed some of the small brackets on the inside of the trailer frame had broken screws and lose (I could see these only when the slide was closed and they attach the inside wall of the trailer to the frame of the slide). On the outside of the trailer we could see the top of the frame pulling away from the outside wall of the trailer on both sides when the slide was open. When the slide was closed, the bottom of the slide frame was pulled away from the outside wall of the trailer. Called the dealer and took it in. They said this was common and would replace the screws and add a few. We picked the trailer up, drove home (47 miles) and it was doing the same thing. Called the dealer and they said to bring it back. I asked if they could send a tech to the house to repair and they did. Instead of screws, they used molly bolts to repair it this time, adding a molly bolt between each existing screw from the top to the bottom where the slide frame attaches to the wall of the trailer on both the left (or front) and the right (or back) of the slide. We just got home from another trip and I can see the same thing happening. Broken screw heads, molly bolts pulling out and the top separating when the slide is open and the bottom separating when the slide is closed. Also found one of the small inside brackets broken again. This does not seem normal. What should I expect from the dealer since their repair did not work? Have others seen this problem and what is the best way to fix it?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4172 (2).jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	29124Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4171 (2).jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	29125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4170 (2).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	29126 I have attached 3 pictures. Two pictures of the lower left where one of the molly bolt repairs is shown partially pulled out. Also one picture of the upper right showing the slide pulling away from the wall. Thanks for your help

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, It is a 2970RL

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “They said this was common and would replace the screws and add a few.”

Really??? That’s pretty significant. You’d think such a serious, “common” problem would show up on this forum with all the 2970 owners here. Sounds like an inferior batch of hardware, insufficient for the weight of your slide, or your particular unit may be missing some other unseen support, causing the fasteners to fail. Since your dealer was so accommodating (sending the tech), I’d go back and try one more time, maybe involving a GD customer service rep. You have great pictures of the problem.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2950RL - Passenger slide snapped screws https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...snapped-screws
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the club - mine was the exact same way upon inspection - snapped screw heads in several locations. I also noticed the wall brackets on the inside of that slide were either missing screws ( 2 required per bracket) or the heads had snapped off. My fix was to add some closed cell sponge stripping behind the outside flange, add new #10 self tapping screws both inside and out and seal the outside holes that were left from the snapped screw heads. So far so good.
    Good luck
    2019 F250 6.7 Duramax Turbo Diesel (forscan mods)
    14,100 max tow capacity
    3,880 LBS. payload
    2004 Nissan 350Z Roadster
    2019 GD Imagine 2970RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have added that you can only access or see the inside brackets when the slide is closed - they are fully covered by the inside flange when the slide is extended / open
    2019 F250 6.7 Duramax Turbo Diesel (forscan mods)
    14,100 max tow capacity
    3,880 LBS. payload
    2004 Nissan 350Z Roadster
    2019 GD Imagine 2970RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. What is TSB 17-001? Referred to in post #4 .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew View Post
    Thanks. What is TSB 17-001? Referred to in post #4 .
    type "TSB 17-001" in the search box above and you'll see a couple threads on the subject, basically it's the recall notice. . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS