User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Best to me is NOT pleated, smooth operating and effective! Went with Irvine Shade and Door Skow-Rise Day/Nite roller shades. They're a two roller affair with the daytime solar screen and nighttime room darkening. Multiple mounting brackets available and made to order. Purchased through the Shade-Man, who is an old RV industry veteran, for the best pricing.

http://shade-man.com/
    Thanks Rob. I know of him (The Shade Man). He is at the Tapa RV show every year.

How well did they fit behind your valences?

Did you have to remove the window valence trim to mount them?

Any photos?

Thanks again.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday, finished replacing all four springs, repaired a disk brake caliper, replaced all four brake pads. These new springs added about 2 inches to the rig and they are about 20#s heavier (each) then the OEM. Now to add DOT 4 brake fluid and grease the wet bolts. I am going to have a local shop grease the bearings and balance the tires. Then have it aligned. Wish we could go somewhere.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Thanks Rob. I know of him (The Shade Man). He is at the Tapa RV show every year.

How well did they fit behind your valences?

Did you have to remove the window valence trim to mount them?

Any photos?

Thanks again.

They'll fit without issue. They can be configured with the dual rollers stacked over-under or laid side-by-side. To mount solidly, I'd take the valance down. No pictures at the moment as I'm in the midst of making a custom TV cabinet for over our bedroom window that replaces the valance and has the shade hidden within in. Little behind schedule because I had some challenges getting the matching materials from GD due to my dealers bumbling... Honestly, were are so happy with them I'm ordering them from the living room.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    They'll fit without issue. They can be configured with the dual rollers stacked over-under or laid side-by-side. To mount solidly, I'd take the valance down. No pictures at the moment as I'm in the midst of making a custom TV cabinet for over our bedroom window that replaces the valance and has the shade hidden within in. Little behind schedule because I had some challenges getting the matching materials from GD due to my dealers bumbling... Honestly, were are so happy with them I'm ordering them from the living room.
    Thanks, Rob. We're considering them for the main living area. We had the dual roller shades in the last RV and got a little spoiled. I think the daytime shade helps reduce the sun coming in but still allows looking out, that's what we're after.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Thanks, Rob. We're considering them for the main living area. We had the dual roller shades in the last RV and got a little spoiled. I think the daytime shade helps reduce the sun coming in but still allows looking out, that's what we're after.
    Exactly! Nikki is not a fan of living in a dark box. Lol. Having only the blackout shades standard is great for the night, but all the window area we have is just too much to keep cool and admire nature when indoors! Unfortunately, I created the monster because she wants them all replaced ASAP, and they're not exactly inexpensive. Well worth it, but definitely a hit to the wallet!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    We’ve had our XLS 22MLE trailer now since Nov ‘19 and have added some things and made a few mods.

For this post I was curious which OEM items I replaced so far that didn’t work for us. They seem to fall into a couple of categories, e.g. personal preference or “an ounce of prevention.....”

I also think it could be feedback to GD to perhaps make changes when there are others who have swapped out similar OEM items.

Here’s our current and future list:
    * Replaced shower head as a personal preference with an Oxygenics Body Spa, no comparison to OEM

* Replaced dinette seat cushions as a personal preference b/c OEM cushions were too soft

* Replaced bathroom faucet as a personal preference b/c OEM faucet was too low

* Replaced Westlakes with GY Endurance that for us is an ounce of prevention

* Replaced equalizers with Dexter EZ Flex & hd wet bolt kit, again, for us is an ounce of prevention

* Next up, replace exhaust fan over kitchen with MaxxFan Deluxe as a personal preference b/c OEM fan is noisy and has low CFM capacity.

What “OEM” items have you replaced?
    Do you have the P/N for the Dexter suspension upgrade?

Thanks
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refclown View Post
    Do you have the P/N for the Dexter suspension upgrade?

Thanks
    Yes, it’s K71-653-00

Here’s a link to etrailer, they have very good videos to help understand how to install and how it works.
    https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...71-653-00.html
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Yes, it’s K71-653-00

Here’s a link to etrailer, they have very good videos to help understand how to install and how it works.
    https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...71-653-00.html
    Great...thank you for your response..

Roger
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    We're done a few upgrades over the last 3 years... Winter is coming!

Upgrades:
    Plumbing vents - Siphon 360 x 2
    @Rivercityjeff - how has the 360 Siphon worked for you? I’m beginning to wonder if this might help me. I’m having a problem with sewer gases building up in the black tank.

When we get to the campground I flush the black tank then use the Geo Method, except we don’t use bleach just Dawn & Calgon. This has worked well in the past. While camping things are okay. Before leaving I flush the black tank and use the Geo Method again and add 5-6 gallons of water.

Once home and after the trailer sits in the driveway for about a week, to test for gas build up, I open the toilet and add a couple cups of water. The smell is bad. If I do this 1 or 2 days after being home, no problem.

I’ve changed the AAV under the bathroom sink with a STUDOR from Home Depot, no difference.

I’ve gotten on the roof and removed the black tank vent cap and poured a cup or so of water down the vent while my wife was in the bathroom with the toilet opened and verified with a flashlight that the water splashed into the tank. Vent doesn’t appear to be clogged.

Our last campout I used Camco TST Orange Drop Ins instead of the Geo Method. Worked fine while camping, drained before leaving, added an Orange drop in with 5-6 gallons of water, but after a week at home same problem with gas build up.

I was researching today and came across the 360 Siphon and wondering if this could be a solution?
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Tigger1 No issues to speak of. The siphon 360 allows airflow from any direction to create a vacuum and draw sink and sewer gas away from the camper.

Our normal setup includes kinking the sewer hose at the campsite hookup to allow that end to fill with grey water. It acts as a P trap and stops the campground's sewer gas.

We leave the bathroom grey valve open during our stay for showers. The kitchen grey and black valves closed for flushing the black. Using Happy Camper but, still have incorrect readings on the tank levels.
    Last edited by Rivercityjeff; 09-09-2020 at 04:03 PM.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast