Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 378MBS-R Bathroom Sink Water Pressure

Okay we need some help! We are brand new full timers with essentially no RV experience. We purchased a new 2021 Solitude MBS-R and the water pressure is great everywhere except the bathroom sink. It’s this annoying trickle..maybe slightly more. We couldn’t remember if that was how it was when we did our walk through, or if we even knew enough to make sure it was more at the time. Since our first hook up it has been like this. We tried switching it over to our pump but it did nothing. Any suggestions...we need basic possible fixes 😬🤞🏼

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try taking the faucet apart and see if any debris is clogging a screen or anything. There is also a chance of a kinked hose if those lines are ran with flexible hose vise pex.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leechantee View Post
    Okay we need some help! We are brand new full timers with essentially no RV experience. We purchased a new 2021 Solitude MBS-R and the water pressure is great everywhere except the bathroom sink. It’s this annoying trickle..maybe slightly more. We couldn’t remember if that was how it was when we did our walk through, or if we even knew enough to make sure it was more at the time. Since our first hook up it has been like this. We tried switching it over to our pump but it did nothing. Any suggestions...we need basic possible fixes ������
    Try unscrewing the aerator and checking it for debris. It will be on the end of the faucet spout facing down towards the drain, should unscrew counter clockwise.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Lee, we have a 2019 377 MBS and we occasionally get lower water pressure but not in the same way you describe. Would it be possible for you to adjust nautilus to put some fresh water into your onboard tank and then use the water pump to see what results you get? I'd be happy to talk you through how to do this, and I think that will help close the loop on what the issue might be. Also, you are under warranty, so I'd raise a ticket with GD asap and have them deploy a mobile service tech at their expense.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FT4NOW has some good thoughts. It is a little more evolved but I have seen debris ie PVC shavings etc inside of the faucet body.
    Rich
    Onalaska, WA
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    FT4NOW has some good thoughts. It is a little more evolved but I have seen debris ie PVC shavings etc inside of the faucet body.
    Rich
    Speculation unnecessary IMO, call GD support as step 1.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    Speculation unnecessary IMO, call GD support as step 1.
    Calling GD certainly wont hurt, but they wont deploy a mobile tech for a faucet. They will authorize a mobile tech to perform warranty work, but dont typically cover the service charge.

This sounds like a simple problem and a quick fix compared to bringing in the unit and waiting for who knows how long.

Yes, under warranty, but sometimes it's best to just fix it yourself.

Since the OP is newly fulltime, it's good to get experience troubleshooting things like this as it is part of RVing and down the road the warranty will be expired, but the problems will still pop up now and then.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with @FT4NOW, I's start by looking if something is blocking the faucet screen and then removing it and inspect. It's not a big job. Its easier then it might look.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leechantee View Post
    Okay we need some help! We are brand new full timers with essentially no RV experience. We purchased a new 2021 Solitude MBS-R and the water pressure is great everywhere except the bathroom sink. It’s this annoying trickle..maybe slightly more. We couldn’t remember if that was how it was when we did our walk through, or if we even knew enough to make sure it was more at the time. Since our first hook up it has been like this. We tried switching it over to our pump but it did nothing. Any suggestions...we need basic possible fixes ������
    The 378s come with a waterfall type faucet. These typically do not have an aerator. When I replaced ours, right after our 1st trip, there was a small amount of debris (looked like teflon tape) in the cold water braided line adapter/connector beneath the sink. I'd start there for trouble shooting.

We replaced because the waterfall faucets tend to spray all over you when you first open the faucet when there is air in the lines. Plus, without an aerator and when on the pump, water flow was kinda wimpy. If you do replace, you will need some faucet water line adapters sold at any big box store. I can probably get photos of our connections later today.

Edit: Although the OEM faucet is unbranded (its sitting on my desk right now and I can't find a manufacturer stamp on it anywhere), it is very similar to Pfister, Moen, Delta and others. Although the adapters on the Pfister are different than the OEM, here is a pdf for maintenance - note the "remedy for low water flow". https://pfisterstorage.blob.core.win...0700%20web.pdf
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 08-18-2021 at 10:04 AM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    The 378s come with a waterfall type faucet. These typically do not have an aerator. When I replaced ours, right after our 1st trip, there was a small amount of debris (looked like teflon tape) in the cold water braided line adapter/connector beneath the sink. I'd start there for trouble shooting.

We replaced because the waterfall faucets tend to spray all over you when you first open the faucet when there is air in the lines. Plus, without an aerator and when on the pump, water flow was kinda wimpy. If you do replace, you will need some faucet water line adapters sold at any big box store. I can probably get photos of our connections later today.

Edit: Although the OEM faucet is unbranded (its sitting on my desk right now and I can't find a manufacturer stamp on it anywhere), it is very similar to Pfister, Moen, Delta and others. Although the adapters on the Pfister are different than the OEM, here is a pdf for maintenance - note the "remedy for low water flow". https://pfisterstorage.blob.core.win...0700%20web.pdf
    Fsalmy thanks for the info on water fall type faucets. Good to know, makes perfect sense.
    Rich
    Onalaska, WA
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast