User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Satellite tv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't think it matters what your plan is - but it matters which receivers are compatible with which antennas. Even the Winegard Trav'ler is not compatible with the Hopper 3. Here's a PDF file with a table of what goes with what and which satellites can be received:

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/18460...de%20DFMRV.pdf

Rob
    That information is not correct. I use the Winegard Trav'ler with a hopper 3 and a joey. Any Trav'ler manufactured after November 26, 2019 works with the Hopper 3. Older manufactured ones can be made compatible with this kit: https://winegard.com/industry/govern...h42-switch-kit
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mntbikejack View Post
    That information is not correct. I use the Winegard Trav'ler with a hopper 3 and a joey. Any Trav'ler manufactured after November 26, 2019 works with the Hopper 3. Older manufactured ones can be made compatible with this kit: https://winegard.com/industry/govern...h42-switch-kit
    Thanks for the info. One would think that Dish would update their literature to reflect this...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are sports nuts, be aware that Dish no longer has most regional sports. We cancelled as that was a deal breaker for us. We are now going to wait for StarLink for our off grid usage when we can't stream from cellular
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We changed to Dish after AT&T purchased Direct TV and would no longer provide local channels when on the road. We used to call and give our address and we’d get the local news and weather. Direct no longer provides that service but Dish does. We switched both home and RV to Dish and just call and let them know to activate our RV receiver when we go out on a trip. The additional RV receiver cost low ~$17 a month or so. When we’re back home we call and deactivate the RV receiver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had DISH for several years. The Mydish.com app lets you change locals using your phone when you change locations. No longer have to call every time. Also used the app to reactivate my receiver today as I'm heading out tomorrow for 6 weeks.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went thru this.

I have dish at my house, and I have dish at my other house my in-laws live in. They have a more channels and they also have movies channels I don’t.

I started with a pathway X2 a month ago and two new wallys.

The pathway finds the satellite no issues, however if you have two wallys it will be a disaster. The pathway can only see one satellite T a time so both TVs would need to watch channels on the same satty.

Based on all the issues and trying to explain it all to my wife and kids for weeks, I finally shipped the pathway back to dish. Cost me 75 bucks but they refunded the money.

I bought a dish and a 1000.2 wa lnb for about 100 bucks. I bought two reels and put 100 foot of cable in each reel. Before I leave I set the elevation and skew and when I get there I put it in a slik tripod I use to shoot my gun with. It sits about 2 ft off ground and I put sand bags on the legs. It takes a few times to get the system down, I added the two receivers to my account at my in-laws for 5 a month for each. Now when I have no internet or cell service like mostly right now in Perrin Texas dish saves the day.

If you want to watch two TVs don’t get a pathway x2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Satellite tv

QUOTE=coastn;391906 We've had DISH for several years. The Mydish.com app lets you change locals using your phone when you change locations. No longer have to call every time. Also used the app to reactivate my receiver today as I'm heading out tomorrow for 6 weeks.

If you have Dish service at home - you have to call and ask them to change your locals on your Dish Outdoor receiver as you travel. Most times, they want a complete address of where you are. When you get home, you have to call and have them change your locals back to your home address. The MyDish app only works to change locals as you travel if this is the only service you have. Lucky you heading out tomorrow for 6 weeks![emoji3060]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by janelle29; 09-04-2021 at 08:39 PM.
    David & Janelle plus April & Jazzee our blue heelers
    Farming/ranching in eastern Colorado...but not for much longer!!
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL (4/2019)
    2020 Ford F450 DRW 4X4 8' bed (1/2020)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaDuffyandMrsC View Post
    Thinking about changing home satellite service to Dish to get the RV setup as well.

Any comments for Dish as opposed to Direct TV? It seems that Dish is cheaper in the long run and now Dish provides sports access for both College and NFL games so don't think that is any issue any longer.

Look forward to responses.
    If anyone is near Charlotte NC I have a Pathway2 and Dish receiver for sale. Pickup only.
    Tim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One benefit of Dish vs Directv is that Dish locks in their price for 2 years while Directv hits you with a price increase 2nd year.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dish at home, cabin and RV.

First had it installed at home. Later when we bought vacation cabin they installed fixed antenna and wired cabin for free. When going from house to cabin we just take the Hopper box and Joey with us, plug them in and it works.

For the RV we bought a Winegard Pathway X2 antenna and a Wally receiver. When camping I call dish outdoors and activate the Wally for $5/mo. After camping I call and deactivate.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast