User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of a sliding platform. However I don't have the ability to fabricate anything like that. The heavy duty slides sound good, but would the work with the elements? It would be attached to the frame behind the wheels. What about a hitch and use a hitch mounted cargo tray? I know they claim to hold up to 500 pounds, but I don't know how stable it would be to walk back and forth on.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew View Post
    I like the idea of a sliding platform. However I don't have the ability to fabricate anything like that. The heavy duty slides sound good, but would the work with the elements? It would be attached to the frame behind the wheels. What about a hitch and use a hitch mounted cargo tray? I know they claim to hold up to 500 pounds, but I don't know how stable it would be to walk back and forth on.
    The cargo tray would wobble as you walk left and right. It would have to be braced to prevent that. Maybe folding adjustable legs?
    For a sliding tray, they make sliding trays for pickup truck beds. Something along those lines is what I was thinking. BUT they are pricey.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pictured in my mind a Height Adjustable Fitness Aerobic Step with Risers and most are non-slip. Like Traveldawg said. Cheap to at $35 -$50
    Last edited by Tepetaters; 02-05-2022 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Put Prices

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it's hard to ascertain what height you want or will need from one location to another. I would then suggest something like this 51"W aluminum painters step. It would be very simple to cut down the 4 aluminum legs to a height you can live with. Usually the small corner braces and cross member are just pop-riveted in place. Drill them out and move them up after the 4 legs are cut to length and reinstall pop rivets or use small stainless bolts with nylon locking nuts. This would fold up nicely to store in an outside compartment or possibly even inside the outdoor kitchen area itself.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-...305590237-_-N&
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 02-06-2022 at 03:58 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From your description of the problem it seems that the painters platform might be a good solution 52 inches would be a good span, if not good luck in your search. I have one of the smaller steps for the bottom step on our 5ver because my wife is only 5'4" and it strained he to get the 1st step in some parks.
    2021 RLS295 & 2021 Ram 2500 4x4,w/6.4 gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the ideas. Until we get the trailer out of storage, not sure how tall she wants it. The painters platform would work for me but a 20 inch step up is too tall for her. If anyone knows of one with adjustable legs (for uneven ground) and a shorter minimum height, please let me know. The adjustable exercise step might work, but might not be tall enough (again need to find out when trailer comes out of storage after all the snow melts). Thanks again

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted everyone to know that Traveldawg and Tepetaters were correct. The Fitness Aerobic adjustable step worked well. Put 2 side by side (needed to buy a third to get it 2 inches taller--I couldn't just buy extra risers). Here is a picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outdoor Kitchen Step.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	40812Click image for larger version. 

ID:	40812

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted everyone to know that Traveldawg and Tepetaters were correct. The Fitness Aerobic adjustable step worked well. Put 2 side by side (needed to buy a third to get it 2 inches taller--I couldn't just buy extra risers). Here is a picture.

Click image for larger version. 

ID:	40812Click image for larger version. 

ID:	40812
    Will bed risers work? Something like this , they're adjustable?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12