User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    Thanks Rob. I read that in their web pages, but the TVs in my soon to get new camper are not 1080p. Only 720p. So signal strength will not be as big an issue as with 50" displays. Therefore the big 1000.2 Dish antenna would most likely be overkill anyway. And I meant to add the X2 will be much faster to get set up.
    Signal strength, you either get it or you dont. The format is based totally off of the receiver and or television. Infact, most new televisions will up/down convert to the resolution of the sending device.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to add here that in the beginning of using the 2000.2 antenna, I was frustrated with the pointing process. After several uses and the frustration, it became childs play using a good compass and Dish Pointer app. We had large TVs in our 5r and always had excellent, clean HD signals. Our next camper purchase will have 32" TVs so not needing HD, therefore we will get the X2 for the benefits of easy storage and small footprint. And suffer signal loss occasionally.
    Masterdrago, I am new enough at this that.....1000.2 and 2000.2 mean nothing to me....can you please explain that?
    Thanks
    Ray

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure thing Ray. the 1000.2 is the Dish brand antenna I was using to get sat TV same as at home. In fact, it appears to be the same antenna but was used on a heavy tripod in the field. It required precise pointing at the birds. I got these from TV4RV. https://www.tv4rv.com/sunshop/index....ct_detail&p=13 and https://www.tv4rv.com/sunshop/index....ct_detail&p=95

The antenna can have a long run of twin coax to feed two dish Wallys or VIP211 receivers. I doubt there is a better way to get a super high quality signal. Pointing was a bear until I became familiar with the process. Then it became rather simple. I almost lost some hair in the beginning. The system is also easy to get parts for. Even in a small town like Fredericksberg, Tx. Even AMZN can deliver parts to your campsite. I had an LNB delivered for one that failed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to add here that in the beginning of using the 2000.2 antenna, I was frustrated with the pointing process. After several uses and the frustration, it became childs play using a good compass and Dish Pointer app. We had large TVs in our 5r and always had excellent, clean HD signals. Our next camper purchase will have 32" TVs so not needing HD, therefore we will get the X2 for the benefits of easy storage and small footprint. And suffer signal loss occasionally.
    Sure thing Ray. the 1000.2 is the Dish brand antenna I was using to get sat TV same as at home. In fact, it appears to be the same antenna but was used on a heavy tripod in the field. It required precise pointing at the birds. I got these from TV4RV. https://www.tv4rv.com/sunshop/index....ct_detail&p=13 and https://www.tv4rv.com/sunshop/index....ct_detail&p=95

The antenna can have a long run of twin coax to feed two dish Wallys or VIP211 receivers. I doubt there is a better way to get a super high quality signal. Pointing was a bear until I became familiar with the process. Then it became rather simple. I almost lost some hair in the beginning. The system is also easy to get parts for. Even in a small town like Fredericksberg, Tx. Even AMZN can deliver parts to your campsite. I had an LNB delivered for one that failed.
    Sooooo, there is no 2000.2, it was supposed to be a 1000.2?
    That then makes sense to me.
    Thanks Sir

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry. I looked back to see the error. There is a 1000.4 and a 1000.2.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123