User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received the kit from RV Airflow... It has been installed per instructions and a few added pieces of foil tape in places , around the channel entry in the ceiling.

The difference in air flow thru the vents and reduction of noise is very good. We are very happy with this mod. This mod was on our front a/c unit in the bedroom area.

We leave on a 5k mile road trip in a few days or I would order another kit for the rear a/c in the living - kitchen area. The Airflow kit install in the front a/c increased the volume of air in the ceiling vents in the kitchen area too.
    2021 Solitude S Class 3540GK
    F-350 DRW Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GD Workman Ship.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    i have installed them in all 3 ACs. The air coming out the vets are alot colder because it's not mixing with the hot air. Check out this your Tube link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9rEQb05Qv4
    I will say, when installing the three inserts I found that Grand Design craftmanship was not that good. Air Raceways were not sealed so air was going into the roof. Raceways didn’t Aline with AC’s vents, the raceway was behind the AC’s opening. AC Units weren’t centered in the roof opening. Had to do a lot of taping and realigning. Once every thing was done, I still get pieces of tape blocking the vents, it’s like they just put the scarp tape in the raceway vice trash can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a 15% off code - Should still be good!

FRIEND-QPPMTLR

https://go.referralcandy.com/share/QPPMTLR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2022 311BHS (build date July 2021) came with it in living/kitchen unit only. Had to check to be sure and yep it was there.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CampMcSurley View Post
    Here is a 15% off code - Should still be good!

FRIEND-QPPMTLR

https://go.referralcandy.com/share/QPPMTLR
    Just an FYI... It's still less expensive ordering it directly from GD. I got 2 from GD for what Airflow charges for one.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    I thought about making my own after watching several YouTube videos but decided it wasn't worth my time and effort. I believe the sweeps built into the inside of the manufactured Air Flow block provide less resistance to airflow than I could have accomplished. Also the curved portion of the underside greatly increases the return air flow to the rooftop unit allowing both sections of each filter to fully function. Getting maximum return airflow is a big reason for the overall improvement of the AC units.
    That's other reason why I went with the the original. More air out needs more air in. Why risk choking off the system? If you can supply more air to the system, it's going to perform better.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with both @IBEW Sparky and @offtohavasu. The RV Airflow insert I feel maximizes the potential air flow as close to optimal as possible that can’t really be duplicated in the hand foam method. I do feel both method provide substantial gains. Just the commercially created one is going to provide greater gains for that exact reason, increased air flow because the return air is maximized.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    That's other reason why I went with the the original. More air out needs more air in. Why risk choking off the system? If you can supply more air to the system, it's going to perform better.
    I have watched just about every DIY video on this. Most do not address intake improvement at all. I did find two that did. Since I have 3 ACs to do, the store bought version gets pricey. So I am considering doing my own, but differently than all of the videos. I have a bunch of sheet aluminum. I would use that instead of the foam. This will drastically reduce the space that the foam versions use, which will allow for even easier airflow.
    This not a high prority on my project list, but it is far from the bottom. Likely to get it done in the next year or so.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I have watched just about every DIY video on this. Most do not address intake improvement at all. I did find two that did. Since I have 3 ACs to do, the store bought version gets pricey. So I am considering doing my own, but differently than all of the videos. I have a bunch of sheet aluminum. I would use that instead of the foam. This will drastically reduce the space that the foam versions use, which will allow for even easier airflow.
    This not a high prority on my project list, but it is far from the bottom. Likely to get it done in the next year or so.
    Careful with the aluminum. The cold temps focused directly on the metal and you may get the drippy-drip.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Careful with the aluminum. The cold temps focused directly on the metal and you may get the drippy-drip.
    That should not be a problem. The coldest part of the AC is the evaporator on the roof side. It cools the air and dehumidfies it in the process. That is why you get the drip off the roof. The air will not give off any more moisture unless it gets colder than the evaporator.... Which is pretty much impossible as it will be warming up after the evaporator
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast