Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maiden Voyage Shake Down in the books.

Okay so we just got back from our 3 day shake down camping trip about 70 miles from our home.Perfect weather! We took our time and used our check lists like the good campers that we are, being a rookie sure came in handy, because I know exactly what to do until it's time to do it, then I can't remember sh**. Two issues first I couldn't get the water pump to run. It ran perfect last year after we bought the camper and winterized it. But when we tried it Friday nothing. No sound nothing. And of course I left without a fuse tester. I bought a box of fuses but no tester. Duh. We were hooked up to city water so that problem can wait. Everything else worked perfect until it was time to leave and we tried to set the landing gear to "Hitch Hight". We turned on the Auto Level pushed Hitch Hight and got a blinking red light . I went inside to the One Control panel to leveling and Bingo! an error code. I cleared the code and tried it again , no luck. I wound up just doing it manually. Everything worked fine when unhitching. So again thanks to everyone out here that helped me/us through this learning process. Any suggestions on the Hitch Hight problem?
    Thanks
    Mark
    To old to work, to young to retire
    2019 Momentum 376th
    2018 F350 Lariat 6.7 diesel
    2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our last trailer, a Coachmen Catalina 313RLS, every single year after winterizing, the first trip out, the pump wouldn't pump. I would take an air hose and blow gently into the suction hose with the winterize valve open so the pressure went to the pump. Then I would close the valve and magically, the pump would work again. Never figured it out before we traded it in on our GD. Not sure if the diaphragm was getting dried out stuck shut or what.

As far as your leveler controls....mine gives a red flashing light every time I try to use it to "auto-level" outside. It works find from the touch screen or phone app. I still haven't figured that out either. Hitch Height does work on mine thought.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodak86 View Post
    Okay so we just got back from our 3 day shake down camping trip about 70 miles from our home.Perfect weather! We took our time and used our check lists like the good campers that we are, being a rookie sure came in handy, because I know exactly what to do until it's time to do it, then I can't remember sh**. Two issues first I couldn't get the water pump to run. It ran perfect last year after we bought the camper and winterized it. But when we tried it Friday nothing. No sound nothing. And of course I left without a fuse tester. I bought a box of fuses but no tester. Duh. We were hooked up to city water so that problem can wait. Everything else worked perfect until it was time to leave and we tried to set the landing gear to "Hitch Hight". We turned on the Auto Level pushed Hitch Hight and got a blinking red light . I went inside to the One Control panel to leveling and Bingo! an error code. I cleared the code and tried it again , no luck. I wound up just doing it manually. Everything worked fine when unhitching. So again thanks to everyone out here that helped me/us through this learning process. Any suggestions on the Hitch Hight problem?
    Thanks
    Mark
    Glad your maiden voyage went well, off on my own this week. Could the Hitch Height have been cleared over the winter? If there's no power to the control panel, does it still remember Hitch Height (about to find out on my rig)?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
    On our last trailer, a Coachmen Catalina 313RLS, every single year after winterizing, the first trip out, the pump wouldn't pump. I would take an air hose and blow gently into the suction hose with the winterize valve open so the pressure went to the pump. Then I would close the valve and magically, the pump would work again. Never figured it out before we traded it in on our GD. Not sure if the diaphragm was getting dried out stuck shut or what.

As far as your leveler controls....mine gives a red flashing light every time I try to use it to "auto-level" outside. It works find from the touch screen or phone app. I still haven't figured that out either. Hitch Height does work on mine thought.
    I got the flashing red with the auto level before as well, for me it turned out the leads on the house batteries were loose, tightened them down and it seems to have fixed the auto level problem. As far as the water pump goes on the Coachman,Could you hear the pump start? I couldn't hear mine start.
    2019 Momentum 376th

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Glad your maiden voyage went well, off on my own this week. Could the Hitch Height have been cleared over the winter? If there's no power to the control panel, does it still remember Hitch Height (about to find out on my rig)?
    I don't think so I have moved the trailer a few times and practiced hitching and un hitching. but thanks for the response.
    2019 Momentum 376th

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodak86 View Post
    As far as the water pump goes on the Coachman,Could you hear the pump start? I couldn't hear mine start.
    Yes. The pump would turn on but just pump and pump and never get up to pressure or move water. I'd shove some air through it and it would start picking up water and work the rest of the season. I winterize with air, so it may be a 'dried' out thing. Not sure.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here