Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 320MKS Disappointments

Good Afternoon,
    I am not sure how many people have had issues with their Reflection 5th wheel or maybe it is just me. We purchased out 2021 Reflection 320MKS in April of 2021. We were lucky enough that our local dealer got one for us as they were hard to come by at that point. I did all my research and loved the 320MKS and this was going to be our retirement 5th wheel. When we went to do the walk through and pick up the 5th wheel we had to wait for the dealer to install a switch to turn off the awning light on the kitchen slide as there wasn't one installed at the factory. No huge deal. We got the 5th wheel home and was excited for our first trip in the new 5th wheel. The first thing that happened is the tankless hot water heater wouldn't work. Come to find out that also was not wired at the factory so we took care of that. I tried to test the range but the burners wouldn't light. Come to find out the propane line was pinched under the kitchen slide so I had to cut the tie and redo that. We get to our destination and take our first shower only to get out of the shower to water all over the bathroom floor. They forgot to seal the shower door rail that connects to the shower base. I fixed that when we got home. That was all in the first year. Last summer for the most part was uneventful and we really enjoyed the 5th wheel. We got ready to go on our first trip this year and I hooked the water up to fill the water tank. I turned on the hose and when I got back to the 5th wheel there was water all over the storage compartment and running out. One of the fittings came on one of the diverter valves on the Nautilus came off so the water was spraying everywhere. I was told by our dealer you can't replace the diverter and that I would have to replace the entire Nautilus panel at a tune of $500. Of course the 5th wheel is out of warranty so that is on me. Now the living room slide is making a grinding noise when I slide it out. We really do love this 5th wheel but are about at our wits end with it and am worried things will just continue to break on it at this point. The 5th wheel is stored inside a garage when we aren't using it so there are no weather issues with it and we have probably only used it 10-15 times since we purchased it. We owned a Four Winds 5th wheel for 17 years before we purchased the 320MKS and I don't think I had this many problems with it in the whole 17 years we owned it. Is anyone else having these many issues with their Reflections?

Frustrated Rick

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickba View Post
    Good Afternoon,
    I am not sure how many people have had issues with their Reflection 5th wheel or maybe it is just me. We purchased out 2021 Reflection 320MKS in April of 2021. We were lucky enough that our local dealer got one for us as they were hard to come by at that point. I did all my research and loved the 320MKS and this was going to be our retirement 5th wheel. When we went to do the walk through and pick up the 5th wheel we had to wait for the dealer to install a switch to turn off the awning light on the kitchen slide as there wasn't one installed at the factory. No huge deal. We got the 5th wheel home and was excited for our first trip in the new 5th wheel. The first thing that happened is the tankless hot water heater wouldn't work. Come to find out that also was not wired at the factory so we took care of that. I tried to test the range but the burners wouldn't light. Come to find out the propane line was pinched under the kitchen slide so I had to cut the tie and redo that. We get to our destination and take our first shower only to get out of the shower to water all over the bathroom floor. They forgot to seal the shower door rail that connects to the shower base. I fixed that when we got home. That was all in the first year. Last summer for the most part was uneventful and we really enjoyed the 5th wheel. We got ready to go on our first trip this year and I hooked the water up to fill the water tank. I turned on the hose and when I got back to the 5th wheel there was water all over the storage compartment and running out. One of the fittings came on one of the diverter valves on the Nautilus came off so the water was spraying everywhere. I was told by our dealer you can't replace the diverter and that I would have to replace the entire Nautilus panel at a tune of $500. Of course the 5th wheel is out of warranty so that is on me. Now the living room slide is making a grinding noise when I slide it out. We really do love this 5th wheel but are about at our wits end with it and am worried things will just continue to break on it at this point. The 5th wheel is stored inside a garage when we aren't using it so there are no weather issues with it and we have probably only used it 10-15 times since we purchased it. We owned a Four Winds 5th wheel for 17 years before we purchased the 320MKS and I don't think I had this many problems with it in the whole 17 years we owned it. Is anyone else having these many issues with their Reflections?

Frustrated Rick
    I have a 2021 320MKS that we ordered from Grand Design. We've had minor problems, that are to be expected, and I've done all the work myself. The "issues" you describe sound like normal things. I've dealt with most of those. The Nautilus panel does not have to be replaced. You need l just need to get behind it, figure out what broke and repair it. If it's the diverter, you can buy a replacement.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be so quick to buy a new nautilus panel. There are several others that have had their fair share of issues with this water panel and I'm sure a search will find some fixes for way less than $500. You might even call the manufacturer and see what they can do. B&B Builders Phone: (574) 259-7838

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are normal problems unfortunately. Three units over the last 20 years have toughened me up to the fact that things will always need to be fixed. Be it new or 8 years old. Just a fact of life.
    The options are hotels and restaurants.... umm no thanks!!
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2021 F250, 7.3 with a 10 speed transmission
    Armor All on the tires, color coordinated floor mats.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Afternoon,

Frustrated Rick
    Yeah, it can be frustrating for sure.

Your first couple issues sound relatively minor and should have been caught by your selling dealer if they would have done a PDI on the unit.

The Nautilus can have valves replaced.

Have you ever lubed your slide outs? The living room slide is a through the frame boom slide, so maybe doing some preventative maintenance on it will help.

A little maintenance goes a long way on an RV.......or a boat......or a truck.....etc.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good Afternoon,

Frustrated Rick
    Several of these issues should have been caught by the dealer. They didn't even test the hot water heater? That right there would have cause me to curse at someone! Sometimes, if you call GD directly they will send you parts for free, even out of warranty. They have helped me several times. I have a 2018 337 and I've replaced drawer slides, a refrigerator circuit board, hot water heater check valve, bad switch on microwave door handle, propane valve switch, capacitors, etc. thank god for youtube! My issues are coming from Furrion and Dometic, etc not GD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my "city / tank fill" valve this spring with a valve from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gosh - sorry for your troubles. I'll go out on a limb and say most of us had "go-ewing pains" of one sort of another. Good thing you are handy.

Check the slide out yourself really good before taking it back to that dealer. They should have caught the ions water heater at the least. And they just want to replace the whole nautilus panel because it is easier for them. You can fix that yourself.

Units from years ago (like 17 years) had far fewer issues because manufacturers were more focused on quality, managed themselves and others better, and workers had more work ethics than they do now. So one can't really compare now to then. Still, manufacturers do a poor job of a quality build and would rather focus on number of units built and sold.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to buy a new nautilus panel. There are several others that have had their fair share of issues with this water panel and I'm sure a search will find some fixes for way less than $500. You might even call the manufacturer and see what they can do. B&B Builders Phone: (574) 259-7838

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Individual Nautilus repair parts can be purchased here:

https://www.rvlocksandmore.com/B-B-M...ms/Nautilus-P1
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is also a great site for Nautilus info and parts: https://www.bandbmolders.com/index.php/nautilus/
    2023 Reflection 324 MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 | Laramie | 6.7L HO | SRW | 4x4 |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast