User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    agoutdoors
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    Isn't there a stop can on the hydraulic drive actuator that would be tight to the frame rail when the slide is fully retracted which pretty much seals that hole in the frame?

Dave
    No, there is no stop or gasket to keep the elements out when its closed.

I like the idea of the CV boot for this part of it, I will play around a little with that idea!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agoutdoors View Post
    No, there is no stop or gasket to keep the elements out when its closed.

I like the idea of the CV boot for this part of it, I will play around a little with that idea!
    There is on my 303. It's like a cap on the rod when my slide-out is closed. It's almost like a stopper steel boot. Closes the opening 90 to 100 %.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what I'm going to do when we return from AZ to Wi. I'm a bit extreme on things I do But I get it the way I want. I'm dropping the belly pan plastic removing the insulation and I'm having my local home spray foam (Corbond) spray 3" of insulating foam, then reinstalling the foil vapor barrier and the plastic belly pan. In the low spots of the pan I'm going to drill 3/4" drain holes. The foam will seal off every thing air cold and water. The floors are cold in Kitchen even in AZ. let alone Wi. I have my home and shop foamed WOW! what a difference. So this is the extreme,but I also remodeled the brand new 385 Removed the 2nd small bathroom. Again WOW the room that made in the kitchen, now i have my recliner in that space. I will post pix when I get complete. Rick

Splitsworld
    hmm Not sure i'd foam the underbelly. It is def good stuff but have you looked under the belly plastic? there are lines everywhere, hot water, cold water, hydraulic, etc etc...if you have some kind of leak then good luck finding it when its locked in foam. God forbid you get a cracked tank of some sort... i really thought about the foam too Rick but after my tank was leaking and seeing all the damage done from just the belly/insulation/water mess i cant imagine trying to find the leak in spray foam. Well, good luck with your decision.

scott42blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitsworld View Post
    hmm Not sure i'd foam the underbelly. It is def good stuff but have you looked under the belly plastic? there are lines everywhere, hot water, cold water, hydraulic, etc etc...if you have some kind of leak then good luck finding it when its locked in foam. God forbid you get a cracked tank of some sort... i really thought about the foam too Rick but after my tank was leaking and seeing all the damage done from just the belly/insulation/water mess i cant imagine trying to find the leak in spray foam. Well, good luck with your decision.
    Splitsworld
    I think you may have had more than one RV. I would think hard about foaming under body, like you.
    Good luck if you do it but you may regret it when repairs are needed.
    Scott

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were having a water issue as well ad they attribute it to rain as well, except we haven't had any rain when the leaking occurs.

FYI: mold wont grow in insulation but could on the dirt or other proud substances it comes in touch with

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old post....but....

We discovered water in the underbelly when the disc brakes were installed at the Tennessee Rally. The hydraulic hole certainly looks like the culprit. We drove through a deluge in Knoxville on the trip there with ponding water on the interstate.

We already have new coroplast scheduled, since ours was delivered with cut slits in it (taped before we traveled). Now need some new insulation.

2019 Solitude 310.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of these days I'm going to drop mine and see what is going on under there. No signs of water, so I've been lazy but there are enough posts with people that had bare wires due to rubbing and other crazy crap. I just need to bite the bullet
    Last edited by Aridon; 05-19-2019 at 04:33 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hams View Post
    Old post....but....

We discovered water in the underbelly when the disc brakes were installed at the Tennessee Rally. The hydraulic hole certainly looks like the culprit. We drove through a deluge in Knoxville on the trip there with ponding water on the interstate.

We already have new coroplast scheduled, since ours was delivered with cut slits in it (taped before we traveled). Now need some new insulation.

2019 Solitude 310.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi Kay & Dave,

There are some more recent threads on water in the underbelly. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...660#post231660 and others.

I think the OE fibreglass batt insulation directly above the coroplast on the Solitudes is a bad idea from the get-go. There are just so many possible ways for water to get into the underbelly. From rain infiltration to plumbing leaks. If you are going to have the coroplast replaced anyway . . . why not go to closed cell rigid foam panels above the coroplast, rather than the fibreglass batts? This is what I did as part of my Reflection plumbing rebuild. My plumbing leaks are solved, but I still get rainwater in there when towing in a downpour. With nothing to absorb that water, it either drains out or evaporates with no harm done.

BTW . . . I know you are going to love those new disc brakes !!

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2016 Solitude 375RE has had the same issue! Twice now while towing in heavy rain the under belly has filled with water. I can’t believe this is still an issue in new units and has not been fixed yet.
    In the next couple weeks I’ll be dropping the underbelly, removing all the Fiberglass insulation and replacing it with foam board sheets. This will not absorb water and allow to dry faster. Mine seems to be an issue with the front underbelly, I haven’t dropped the rear yet. Someone had suggested to run a bead of silicone along the front and both sides to try to prevent water from getting back in.
    Or I guess don’t tow in the rain 🤣
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234