User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a reason the conning towers of nuclear submarines are always lighted with red lights. It does not affect your night vision (think periscope) to the extent that white or blue lights would. For sailors that had to leave the control area red goggles were worn for the same reason.
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS, purchased April 2018. 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel (I need a bigger truck!). Oswego NY in the summer, Ft. Myers Beach, Fl in the winter. GD is my summer home. Previously owned: 2015 Rockwood 2604WS; 2012 KZ Stoneridge 43' toy hauler; 2005 Titanium 39' toy hauler.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    It won't help much DMB. White light from an LED actually contains a significant amount of blue wavelength light.

Jim

DMB - Jim is correct. LED white light has a high blue light component.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are amazing! I can’t believe the depth of research you all do. I’m still new to all this nd just enjoying the process. My research is where I can go on my next trip. I do appreciate your knowledge.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceB View Post
    You guys are amazing! I can’t believe the depth of research you all do.
    Vince - This is a common problem whenever you gather a bunch of engineers together and someone says . . . how are we going to make this thing work better .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, I get that...it’s always entertaining and I’m always learning from you guys. Lol��

Vince
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like my blue lights and I'm going to keep them. But I promise not put any in my eyes, I promise no to stare at them for long hours. I think I will treat them kind of the way I treat bleach. A little bit is ok. Too much for too long is bad.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the other end of the light spectrum, infrared (IR).
    I think my eyes got overexposed to the IR from a space heater as it was pointed toward me when I was stuck in bed for a few weeks sick several years ago.
    I did a lot of reading in bed that kept my eyes in general direction of the heater.
    My right eye started bothering me after a few weeks using the IR heater, itchy and dry.
    Looking at the irritation closely made me notice a bunch of floaters in both eyes, most in right eye that was nearer the heater.
    Stopped using IR space heater, eyes got better over several months, not so much light sensitivity/afterimages/hard to see when entering a dark room.
    Still have the floaters, don't bother me, they are mostly near the top of the eyes(so show up near bottom of my vision, I can make the largest one appear on command).
    Does make me pay attention to my eyes, read some of the studies like: Retinal light toxicity http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3144654/

And for another color, Orange as in oranges - An orange a day keeps macular degeneration away: 15-year study https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0712100504.htm

Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    At the other end of the light spectrum, infrared (IR).
    I think my eyes got overexposed to the IR from a space heater as it was pointed toward me when I was stuck in bed for a few weeks sick several years ago.
    I did a lot of reading in bed that kept my eyes in general direction of the heater.
    My right eye started bothering me after a few weeks using the IR heater, itchy and dry.
    Looking at the irritation closely made me notice a bunch of floaters in both eyes, most in right eye that was nearer the heater.
    Stopped using IR space heater, eyes got better over several months, not so much light sensitivity/afterimages/hard to see when entering a dark room.
    Still have the floaters, don't bother me, they are mostly near the top of the eyes(so show up near bottom of my vision, I can make the largest one appear on command).
    Does make me pay attention to my eyes, read some of the studies like: Retinal light toxicity http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3144654/

And for another color, Orange as in oranges - An orange a day keeps macular degeneration away: 15-year study https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0712100504.htm

Gene
    Glad you had no lasting eye problems. Here's something to think about:

Infrared radiation and cataract
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6091398

I hadn't heard that about oranges before, but AREDS2 vitamins seem to have had a measurable effect on my AMD.
    http://www.areds2.org/
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Now you’re just making stuff up Jim!

Next thing you’ll tell me is that I can’t use my second choice, Purple, because it has Blue in it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope, not made up. LED has blue in the white light. Guess you've got to give up watching that fancy LED TV.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I turn our blue step light on before we leave home. And off when we return. Never been a problem
    Frank & PJ
    2018 303 RLS
    2004 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4x4 Sierra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast