User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome. This is an amazing group, it's an honor to have GDRV Owners as part of our family of communities. I think our success with other forums is due to what you all pointed out above, Amazing Members! We are double blessed to have a great group of Moderators already in place. Now it's our time to learn from them on how you all do things around here. This lets us learn the ropes and helps ensure the vibe around here stays the same.

I do have a newbie question, any idea what percentage of bumper pull vs 5th wheels are sold? Just curious what everyone is pulling...
    Emily @EStahley - we have new forum owners as you can learn in this thread. Andy is asking about the split between fivers and bumper pulls sold which for you all would be registrations which GDRV tracks. Can you provide some numbers on this for us ?

Would be interesting not to only see the aggregate but for Reflection and Momentum separately as well. Solitude is only fiver so not a question. I know the Momentum bumper pull was only released a couple months ago, so the there would be a small number of these but interesting none the less to learn this.

Thank you in advance, Emily !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a surprise it was to log on this morning and find this thread! Most of us don't appreciate change but will accept it as we are introduced to it and if we will benefit by it.

After reading all the posts and checking out the RV LIFE NETWORK I discovered that the Montana Owners Group was part of it. I've been a member of that group for many years and continued that membership after we purchased our Grand Design. I never realized that it was a member of the RV LIFE NETWORK. I was pleasantly surprised to realize that the Montana group has basically remained the same and now I'm optimistic that our Grand Design Forum will also stay the same.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing what changes, if any, are going to occur to our forum.

Kathy
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post

after we purchased our Grand Design. I never realized that it was a member of the RV LIFE NETWORK. I was pleasantly surprised to realize that the Montana group has basically remained that same and now I'm optimistic that our Grand Design Forum will also stay the same.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing what changes, if any, are going to occur to our forum.

Kathy
    Thanks for this information. It makes me feel a little easier on this major news.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Andy has built amazing communities, and more importantly to me, has acquired amazing communities and made them more amazing.
    So, you're saying that Andy is kind of the Lippert of Forums, but more of a "good Lippert"? Is that about right?

Hopefully it really does work out for the best.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Chris and Janet,

I am, like many others, a member of several forums. All of different subjects and matter. Some are good with solid information and some are nothing more than places for people to vent their anger. GD Owners Forum has to be one of the best because we do not allow arguing and trashing of one another. Also, the $12 membership has turned out to be one of the best bargains online. The no adds and clean communication of this forum is what makes it so great. I hope that you have recognized this and keep it in tack. With that said I believe that the members here will give you a fair shake, because that is the way this forum is, and welcome aboard.

Chris,

Could you please explain and expand on how this "neat stuff that will allow the member sites to access the various resources within the network with a single login" will actually work.

Thanks,

vonzoog
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only constant in life is change. Welcome to Janet and Andy. I sincerely hope this forum will maintain its autonomy and not become a section of a larger site.

Chris, you, along with the membership here, have created something I find unique on the internet. A forum filled with folks that are respectful, intelligent, helpful, cheerful and have no interest in bashers, crackpots and instigators such as I've found on other sites. I think the cost of membership helps keep the forum populated by those that really want to be here. I have come to trust, respect and like the folks here. The ideas of trial memberships and registered guests as implemented here are genius. The lack of ads taking up 30% of the screen and slowing operation with constantly loading videos and such is the #2 reason this is my favorite site. I belong to another RV forum that I believe may be run by our incoming management. It is laden with ads and is one of the reasons I spend most of my time here. Don't get me wrong, it's a good site but I prefer this one. When I'm here I feel like I'm at my internet home. Another Facebook style site we don't need.

So..... I will face this change as I usually do, with some trepidation and a hope that what comes will enhance and not detract from this site and its members.

Chris, a little saying we used to use in my employed life. "There are two kinds of people. Those who enhance an organization when they arrive and those that enhance an organization when they leave."
    You my friend are definitely of the former and not the latter.

As Wayne and Garth would say...…...Party on!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joined this forum a while back and only recently became a site sponsor. Really like the community here and the helpful advice.

This does remind me of something similar that occurred on another site, Outbackers.com. This site was primarily frequented by owners of the Keystone Outback line and was funded by donations and memberships. Back in the day, it had a very similar feel that this site currently has. There was a huge amount of camaraderie, rallies, group vacations, etc. I still have many good friends I met through Outbackers and still get together with them. The site eventually got sold and the new owners introduced ads to the business model. The site began a long and slow decline as user participation dried up. The site is still there, but it is a shell of its former self, hardly any new content, maybe a few posts a week. I am not saying that the ads killed it or that the new owners killed it, but something did change after it was sold and it was never the same. Hope that does not happen here.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    So, you're saying that Andy is kind of the Lippert of Forums, but more of a "good Lippert"? Is that about right?

Hopefully it really does work out for the best.
    Hopefully it really does work out for the best.[/QUOTE]

This is hilarious - hopefully there will be no failures or recalls...

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    The only constant in life is change. Welcome to Janet and Andy. I sincerely hope this forum will maintain its autonomy and not become a section of a larger site.
    No changes anticipated and it won't become part of another site. This last bit is important - every forum has a unique vibe and that is what attracts and retains members. The Site team typically sets that tone and members model it for new members. I'm not sure why we would change something that is clearly working well.....

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be that this is my biggest problem in life ...

It's a forum. I'm sure we'll all be fine with the new changes - looking forward to the new paradigm.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris, thank you again for all you’ve done to make this the best forum out there!

Janet and Andy, I have to echo @Chiefblueman. The small yearly fee is not only worth all the great advise and no advertisements, but I think it keeps the trolls (correct term I hope) off the forum. This forum is a great place to get advise, opinions, comic relief, but is always respectful. We seem to have great connections with Grand Design representatives, and I think that is due in part to efforts of Chris, Jim (Tucson Jim) and maybe others. I hope this can continue.

Now that the shock is over, I hope everyone hangs around,and if things change it’s for the better.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast