Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdetwiler View Post
    Just take battery out and out on a float charger. Next Question. Lol
    Sorry, it's just not necessary.

@SJMaye has said the trailer will be stored for "a couple of months".

@WhittleBurner has said that cold weather itself is not a killer of batteries. Drawing power from them in cold weather reduces their charge more quickly, but if they're not serving power they don't care a whole lot if it's warm or cold.

@Chiefblueman has said that a disconnected battery will discharge itself (with no external draw on it) at about 5% per month so @SJMaye's battery - if healthy - will be 10% below full charge when he returns to his trailer.

I and others have said that simply charging the battery and then disconnecting the negative or both cables from it are all that's required.

All of the above are all correct. Removing the battery and getting a trickle charger for it are a waste of time and effort.

EDIT: Here's another thread by @sande005 discussing this.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...for-new-owners
    Last edited by boyscout; 11-07-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had cruisers for 24 years and every October I would make sure my batteries were topped up with distilled water charge the batteries and disconnect them for the winter. Come May when I was getting the boat ready for the summer I never had a problem with a battery when I connected up my Xantrex Link system never had a battery below 12.2 volts. My last boat I got 9 years out of 2 golf cart batteries before I had to replace them.
    Battery management on a boat is much more difficult than an RV. CAA or AAA don't make boost calls when your anchored out in the North Channel.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123