Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2023 260RD Schwintek Lubrication

I'm confused, Lippert and GD say not to lube the coupler and gibbs, however, at a rally last year it was suggested to lube these items, called a few dealers and asked to lube or not, some say "yes" and some say "no", an online video digested to lube them... just received our unit back from the factory for cracked frame/wall repairs and notice the slide is slower and seems to be bogging down..

what ya'll doing?

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz80 View Post
    I'm confused, Lippert and GD say not to lube the coupler and gibbs, however, at a rally last year it was suggested to lube these items, called a few dealers and asked to lube or not, some say "yes" and some say "no", an online video digested to lube them... just received our unit back from the factory for cracked frame/wall repairs and notice the slide is slower and seems to be bogging down..

what ya'll doing?
    I have been to a few rallies talking with service rep's. They always say to lube the gib / motor area, but not the aluminum track area that you see outside when extended.

CRC Power Lube with PTFE- red or green can
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for the input

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What @Gold Country Livin' said. Our slide worked much better after being lubed. The key is not to use a lube that would attract sand or grit. The lube cited above is a dry lube which is safe.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks all for the input

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Told exactly the opposite by one of GD's senior mobile techs from the west coast - lube the aluminum track with dry lube. Please note that the CRC lube in the green can comes in two flavors - Dry or wet. Look at the CRC data sheets.

Power lube with PTFE is not dry (Base type - petroleum solvent)

VOC Category - Multi-Purpose Lubricant

Dry with PTFE is dry (Base type PTFE)

VOC Category - Dry Film Lubricant
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using a dry teflon lube on the aluminum rails since the plastic pieces between the metal are gone and there is metal on metal contact. Limited life for sure...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz80 View Post
    thanks all for the input
    Thread moved to Slide Systems.

@Grizz80 -

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Note: you'll need to have a paid subscription to add an image to your signature.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a LCI person showing how to properly lube. I've done this on our '19 but not yet on our '23 and never had a problem.

https://youtu.be/A0my90W3AKM?si=noyjNVusP33SSBQ-

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each aluminum rack has a "V" groove on the bottom side that rides on a "V" shaped ball bearing. There are 4 racks so there are 4 ball bearings. Recommend you gently pull back the rubber seal near the bottom of the rack and lubricate the ball bearings a couple of times a year. When the bearings get dry (and they will) the slide will make awful sounds when moving and one side or the other will try to bind, causing the two sides to get out of sync. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. The technician in our local dealer's body shop recommendeds using spray garage door lubricant, but spray silicone oil works very well.
    2023 Reflection 337RLS
    2021 GMC 3500 AT4HD LB
    B&W Companion OEM hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast