Name:	IMG_0309.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	574.2 KB 
ID:	32702
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0306.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	477.3 KB 
ID:	32703Is the steer axle too low with WDH?
    It’s hard to find a level area to adjust the shank. Whenever I back the hitch to the coupler and level trailer it’s seems I need to raise it like 5in. Then I hook it up and every looks even. The shank was set up for a Chevy Colorado now it’s on a 2021 f150. It would seem the Colorado sits lower so wouldn’t I be lowering the shank instead? I can’t figure it out. It drive ok I guess. Nothing really to compare it. A little moment up and down over bumps. Was windy today a little movement side to side at 60mph. I had to redo the L bracket because dealer messed it up. They set back the brackets at 27in instead of 32in. Also I can’t get the brakes to lock up at 20mph like the manual say. Should I keep it gain 10. Doesn’t fell bad at that. Smooth.

2400bh Equalizer 4 point hitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by thegreenblade; 03-14-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would help us to help you if we know what trailer you have and wdh. Maybe update your signature so you don't have to repeat. Your steer could use a little but your tongue weight is way to low. Do you have you battery and lp tanks installed. Its best to have it at around 12.5%.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little help with the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    It would help us to help you if we know what trailer you have and wdh. Maybe update your signature so you don't have to repeat. Your steer could use a little but your tongue weight is way to low. Do you have you battery and lp tanks installed. Its best to have it at around 12.5%.

It’s in now. Everything is loaded for trip except water tanks which I don’t need. . I have everything stored in the front pass though. There really isn’t any else to bring with. I can add some bottled water, grill and more tools. The steer axle is back to even and the rear is down 2in from no load.
    I don’t know how to add it to the signature on iPhone Tapatalk.
    2021 2400bh equalizer 4pt

Last edited by thegreenblade; 03-14-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not to familiar with that wdh but it is similar to mine. Behind the hitch ball is a big bolt with washers. Adding washers will transfer weight to the front of the TV. Its like a micro adjustment.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When all hooked up is the tt noise high? If so its best to have it a little noise low so I'd lower the ball. As for braking, your brakes might need to be adjusted. At gain of 10 my wheels won't lock up either when only using the brake slider but I suspect mine need to be adjusted also.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little help with the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    When all hooked up is the tt noise high? If so its best to have it a little noise low so I'd lower the ball. As for braking, your brakes might need to be adjusted. At gain of 10 my wheels won't lock up either when only using the brake slider but I suspect mine need to be adjusted also.

Everything is level when hooked up. There’s 6 washers on it now. But who know for sure if the bakes have to lock up on pavement. They might not. I’m just gonna take it to a hitch shop. No point in guessing. To me the numbers look ok but that’s me not a pro-installer.

Last edited by thegreenblade; 03-14-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is almost a guarantee that the hitch head will need to be raised on the shank vs a Colorado but only you would know

You need to get everything to a flat area. If you don’t have one , go to one. Walmart parking lot for example

I can’t get an exact measurement because of ice but your top of ball when on your truck needs to be roughly 23 inches from what I can guess
    What is yours?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    It is almost a guarantee that the hitch head will need to be raised on the shank vs a Colorado but only you would know

You need to get everything to a flat area. If you don’t have one , go to one. Walmart parking lot for example

I can’t get an exact measurement because of ice but your top of ball when on your truck needs to be roughly 23 inches from what I can guess
    What is yours?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    21.5 with out trailer on it. So wouldn’t the shank need to be lowered on the new truck if the Colorado sat lower? I can’t figure that one out. When I level the trailer on the A-frame Its different then when I put the 3ft level inside. When everything is hooked up it’s all looks level. The front end is still 38in where it was before load. Do those weight numbers indicate anything?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    21.5 with out trailer on it. So wouldn’t the shank need to be lowered on the new truck if the Colorado sat lower? I can’t figure that one out. When I level the trailer on the A-frame Its different then when I put the 3ft level inside. When everything is hooked up it’s all looks level. The front end is still 38in where it was before load. Do those weight numbers indicate anything?

Measure the frame in the back and make it the same in the front
    You need to raise the head on the shank so the top of the ball is to the top of the coupler on the trailer or as close as possible

Do you not have the instructions for the equalizer e4?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast