User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LED bathroom light brightness

I’m new to LED’s in our FW. Can I get a replacement to lower brightness in the overhead motion control light in bathroom? Old school was just replace the bulb, not sure on our 2016 27RL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: re-read your question and now realize you meant the ceiling fixture over the toilet or wherever yours is located. Nonetheless, these dimmers are a "cool" alternative for the wall switches...

Instead of replacing LED bulb(s), consider instead replacing the standard rocker switch with one of these which feature a vertical slide dimmer. I installed (3) a few weeks ago (over dinette, over sofa and bedroom ceiling lamps) and I'm very pleased with results. Installing requires minor shaving of the existing cutout to fit the slightly larger than OEM switch. BTW on that, turns out this dimmer switch is produced by the same USA manufacturer of those OEM switches, i.e., ATI or American Technology Components. This style of dimmers use a 3-wire hookup whereas the standard non-dimmer switch uses 2-wires, however the 3rd (ground) wire was behind each of the existing switches I replaced. For simplicity, I used minimally invasive Posi-Tap connectors which just just prick the insulation to the wire conductor beneath in combo with male solderless connectors crimped onto the new switch leads that attach to existing female connectors for the original switches. I bought mine from this eBay seller: rvoutlet: 12 Volt DC Dimmer Switch for LED, Halogen, Incandescent

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AH-SLD1-5-HS01_700x700-250x250.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	20573
    Last edited by DirtDawg; 06-08-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    Current RV: 2017 GD Reflection 337RLS
    Former RVs: 2017 Lance 1685, 2017 Lance 1475, 2011 Lance 1685, 2010 Casita 17SD

Tow vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 S-Cab FX4 6.2L MaxTow (obviously, not for current RV)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I will look into this for the wall mounted switch. What about the non switch light in bathroom that has the motion detector? If I walk in at night.......it’s way to bright, and I was hoping to not turn off the motion detector.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastinAmerica View Post
    Thanks, I will look into this for the wall mounted switch. What about the non switch light in bathroom that has the motion detector? If I walk in at night.......it’s way to bright, and I was hoping to not turn off the motion detector.
    I think those lights have a switch on them that toggles the motion detector feature on and off. There is a small button on the light fixture with 3 positions.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh