Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2021 22 MLE owners in Canada

Hello, all...
    This is our 2nd travel trailer, seems it will check all boxes and satisfy our quirks. Awaiting delivery...
    Our TV is a 2016 F150 XLT SCab 4x4 5.0 145'' 53a tow pkg.
    We also ride a 2018 Harley, and wish we could put it in the truck bed while on those rare special trips.

We have been adding onto our wish list whenever we explore this forum..(shame on some of you !! LOL )
    We are looking forward to enjoying the new unit, and discussing issues with you.

Jim and Tina

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Road island View Post
    Hello, all...
    This is our 2nd travel trailer, seems it will check all boxes and satisfy our quirks. Awaiting delivery...
    Our TV is a 2016 F150 XLT SCab 4x4 5.0 145'' 53a tow pkg.
    We also ride a 2018 Harley, and wish we could put it in the truck bed while on those rare special trips.

We have been adding onto our wish list whenever we explore this forum..(shame on some of you !! LOL )
    We are looking forward to enjoying the new unit, and discussing issues with you.

Jim and Tina
    Welcome to the forum and the 22mle gang Jim and Tina. This place has great knowledge so dont be shy to ask any questions. We really love our 22mle. We really like the openess, storage space and having both the dinette and lounge. It really doesn't feel like a small tt. And yes, our members will be more then happy to help you spend your money. LOL

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply !
    How do you find the towing of the 22mle with your truck? What do you safely have your weights at ?
    Digging deeper I find my payload for the TV is at 2032 lbs...it has the factory tow package, heavy duty shocks and 53A package...
    We have sprayed our truck bed and a rear step that articulates out (total weight for both...maybe 60 lbs)
    So, with that being said, I feel we may be close to the max payload with a few lbs to spare:

bike on the truck - 925 lbs.
    2 bodies/misc. gear - 540 lbs.
    WDH - 80 lbs.
    aftermarket items - 60 lbs.
    ----------------------------------
    1605 lbs. plus allowance of 13 %...

We realize this maybe alright on the prairies but will be tougher over hills and valleys. The bike would only come with us occasionally on longer runs...
    Your thoughts ?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Road island View Post
    Thanks for your reply !
    How do you find the towing of the 22mle with your truck? What do you safely have your weights at ?
    Digging deeper I find my payload for the TV is at 2032 lbs...it has the factory tow package, heavy duty shocks and 53A package...
    We have sprayed our truck bed and a rear step that articulates out (total weight for both...maybe 60 lbs)
    So, with that being said, I feel we may be close to the max payload with a few lbs to spare:

bike on the truck - 925 lbs.
    2 bodies/misc. gear - 540 lbs.
    WDH - 80 lbs.
    aftermarket items - 60 lbs.
    ----------------------------------
    1605 lbs. plus allowance of 13 %...

We realize this maybe alright on the prairies but will be tougher over hills and valleys. The bike would only come with us occasionally on longer runs...
    Your thoughts ?
    Imo there is no way you can take the bike and tow the trailer with your truck

Ymmv. Good luck

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup...I forgot to enter the trailer ... IDIOT !!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, oops.
    Our TV is ok, we are near our max because its only the 2.7eb with 53a. Our payload sticker is 1426. Last time we stop at the scale the tt was close to 6000 and tw 760. That was loaded for a trip, 1/3 fresh water. Our TV rear end is a little bouncy on rough roads so I'll try to further tweak our wdh come spring or add the RAS

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE