User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took Delivery Today (Solitude 377MBS)

Took delivery of the Solitude 377MBS today. The PDI went well. A couple of small issues noted that they took care of while we were there. New truck Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel DRW pulls it well but you can tell it’s back there. Heavy trailer! Makes me wonder what trucks others are using when they say “you can’t even tell it’s back there”. LOL

Replaced the king mattress with a Wilderness RV Montana Hybrid. Hopefully it will be comfy.

Getting it ready for a shake down trip this weekend.
    Mark & Diana
    2019 Solitude 377MBS
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo w/Aisin Transmission DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Previous Rig:
    2018 Reflection 312BHTS
    2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW
    Equalizer Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome , that sounds like a great set up. I agree with the "don't know its back there", I know mines back there and surely would know if it was bigger.
    Glad the PDI went well and hoping the shake down goes well to.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new "vacation home!" I hope the Shakeout goes wonderfully! I will be picking up our new 2970 on Friday! I am so Excited...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laidback1 View Post
    Took delivery of the Solitude 377MBS today. The PDI went well. A couple of small issues noted that they took care of while we were there. New truck Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel DRW pulls it well but you can tell it’s back there. Heavy trailer! Makes me wonder what trucks others are using when they say “you can’t even tell it’s back there”. LOL

Replaced the king mattress with a Wilderness RV Montana Hybrid. Hopefully it will be comfy.

Wow--what a nice setup. Congratulations. Let us know how the maiden voyage works out.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice setup. Barb and I loved that model at the RV show a few years ago. Talked about how it would work perfectly when I retire, spend some months in Florida and have the kids and grandkids down for March break or something like that. Still too many years away from retirement. Grandkids still a few years too I think.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laidback1 View Post

Just picked our 377 last weekend. Enjoy the new rig.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2018 Solitude 377MBS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice set-up, safe, happy travels and best of luck with it. Your 5'er is certainly big and I would suspect not a candidate for the "you can’t even tell it’s back there" club. A little story about "you can’t even tell it’s back there". Our previous rig was a large 3-slide truck camper, when we picked it up from the dealer installed a bargeman 7-pin plug in the truck bed. Fast forward to when we picked up our Solitude 310GK-R and drove 170 miles to where we are currently staying. I plugged into that connection, tested all the lights and happily drove off. The truck pulled it easily and stopped it without any issues or struggle, so I was thinking perhaps I do not need to adjust the brake controller. Along the way for kicks and giggles, I switched my display over to the brake controller only to read, "not connected". At first I was puzzled as all the lights worked, then it occurred to me the yahoos that installed the bargeman connection probably thinking it was for a truck camper only, did not wire in the brake control. I plugged into the bumper connection and bingo it worked. Since I do not have a tailgate and the cord is a generous one, I was able to make use of the bumper connection. All this to say there were no tell tale signs when it came to braking, such as the trailer pushing the truck, difficulty stopping etc. and so if it was not for checking my brake control display I would not have know otherwise, so I guess this legitimately qualifies us for the "you can’t even tell it’s back there" club.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Beautiful rig. Hope it serves you well and you make many fond memories in it.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of curiosity, what were the small items you discovered during your PDI? We had just a couple of issues, interior steps needed to be replaced, entry door needed lube and adjustment, and a couple of trim pieces needed to be attached correctly. Just curious if you saw similar types of items?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mraplx View Post
    Out of curiosity, what were the small items you discovered during your PDI? We had just a couple of issues, interior steps needed to be replaced, entry door needed lube and adjustment, and a couple of trim pieces needed to be attached correctly. Just curious if you saw similar types of items?
    Sure:
    1. The penetration for water lines for bathroom sink was not foamed. When you looked in the sink cabinet you could see straight down to the ground.
    2. Handle for the fresh water dump at the back of the trailer was missing.
    3. A few trim pieces needed to be attached correctly.
    4. There were several spots where there was dried adhesive used for the wall covering that hadn’t been cleaned up.
    5. One of the led light strips under the unit wasn’t attached correctly (drooped a little).

We tested all of the systems and appliances and they all worked fine. Really like the heat put out by the “fireplace”!
    Mark & Diana
    2019 Solitude 377MBS
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo w/Aisin Transmission DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Previous Rig:
    2018 Reflection 312BHTS
    2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW
    Equalizer Hitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast