User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin' Dreamers View Post
    I just try not to get the dog too excited when I throw his ball from the living room to the bedroom.
    I do this too and don't feel much rockin' because we keep the hydraulic rams short by putting blocks under them.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snap Pads

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Our 385TH had some motion, mostly when we run the washing machine. We found that making sure the wheel chocks are good, and installing RV Snap Pads on the pads on the jacks made it more than tolerable.

You can add a kingpin tripod to reduce it to the absolute minimum. We have been going without it lately and it's been good enough. If you want to try one, we recommend the https://ultra-fab.com/product/heavy-...bilizer-steel/ and we also needed the https://ultra-fab.com/product/leg-ex...hd-ec-tripods/
    Where did you buy the snap pads?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryo View Post
    I have a 349 momentum with the 6 way hydraulic jacks and I still get a lot of movement was wondering what else I could do to stabilize it. Thanks
    I have a 2018 350 Momentum. We have 2-100lb dogs, and 4 adults always in our rig.

Because my rear stabilizers are very far forward my garage overhang was the issue.

Added 2 manual scissor stabilizers on the rear back corners of garage and problem solved!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this trailer is rockin...

Quote Originally Posted by slauretani View Post
    We just installed the snap pads and we also use the X chocks. They have both helped.
    We have a 2500RL TT and it has 4 manual stabilizers at the 4 corners I lower with a drill. I don't level with them, just crank down until they firmly contact the ground (or block). With just the 4 stabilizers, it was nearly as bouncy as a kids blow up fun house so I bought the "X" chocks with high hopes they would help. But we still have a lot of bounce and wobble even with the X chocks. I'm wondering about adding a 5th and 6th manual stabilizer jack on both sides, mid trailer. Has anyone done that? We are only 29' 11" but really tired of the "rocking boat" as we walk around the camper... Although the rocking can be fun at other times...! ;-)

Also wondered about tire pressure and what role that plays... I'm running at 50psi.
    Cheers,

Don
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    Ford F-150 Lariat 5.4L 3V
    Our rig

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainuh View Post
    We have a 2500RL TT and it has 4 manual stabilizers at the 4 corners I lower with a drill. I don't level with them, just crank down until they firmly contact the ground (or block). With just the 4 stabilizers, it was nearly as bouncy as a kids blow up fun house so I bought the "X" chocks with high hopes they would help. But we still have a lot of bounce and wobble even with the X chocks. I'm wondering about adding a 5th and 6th manual stabilizer jack on both sides, mid trailer. Has anyone done that? We are only 29' 11" but really tired of the "rocking boat" as we walk around the camper... Although the rocking can be fun at other times...! ;-)

Also wondered about tire pressure and what role that plays... I'm running at 50psi.
    With those jacks the best thing you can do is build some blocks out of treated lumber to use under the jacks. I used 2x8 about a foot long then screw 4 of them together. If it is an area that needs even more I will put the stackable orange plastic blocks on top of the wooden blocks. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The idea is to keep the jacks from extending very far. The further they extend the greater the pivot action and the more unstable they become. If they are dropped only a few inches from the stowed/travel position they will be a lot more stable and so will your camper. Then use these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 under the rear and front cross frames. Also don't forget to put some weight on your tongue jack. Your camper should be a lot more stable then. You won't get rid of all of the rock but you can really eliminate a lot of it. Let me know if you need a picture off the blocks under the camper and I will go set it up and take a picture. I also use the X-chocks on each side, not sure if they really help but it doesn't hurt.

As far as tire pressure, if they are the original tires run what the sticker says to inflate them to.

Dale
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190613_192538.jpg  
    Last edited by Dale G; 06-13-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Where did you buy the snap pads?
    We ordered them from www.rvupgradestore.com. They had the best deal at the time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234