User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm towing the same TT as you. The dry weight as given by the factory was 7330#. I transferred about 900# of crap when I swapped from old to new so I never got to verify but I believe it to be correct. With all tanks dry I weighed in at 8350#, so my dog and I need about 1000# of crap to live comfortably. The pin weight came in at 1520# about 18%, which is consistent with published weights for the RV. I have just under 2000# payload available with my truck outfitted and hitch on. That leaves at least 400# payload as a cushion, the limiting factor in most towing situations. I wouldn't worry about if you are even close to any limits. If you are concerned you really need to visit a scale.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The Turning Point pin boxes that come on the Reflection 150 series are not compatible with the Andersen Ultimate hitches (or the Pull-Rite or Demco hitches of the same or similar design).

Rob"

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    I believe the Turning Point is not compatible when using the turning point feature. When the turning point is locked with the included bolts it acts as a normal pin box & therefore should be compatible. Also in my research ANY hitch mounted to a gooseneck ball is not compatible with the Turning Point or Reese Sidewinder set ups. I use my Turning Point with a B&W Companion mounted to the Ford puck system & use the turning point feature. I called B&W prior to purchase & was told it is safe to use with the turning point engaged when using the pucks.
    True, I checked with Andersen and Grand Design before I got the the Ultimate hitch. The Turning Point is locked in as delivered from the factory and truth be told I don't need it.
    Also in my research any fifth wheel manufacturer will not warranty the use of a gooseneck ball hitch on their pinbox. The length of the downtube(?) acts as a lever that will stress the pinbox possibly causing deflection. Because the Andersen is attached at the pin box the mechanics allow it to act the same as any fifth wheel hitch.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 07-26-2019 at 06:32 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Wicked ace interesting point regarding warranty. A couple of years ago saw an Open Range Lite with a King Combo. It was rated as 1/2 ton towable, pin about 1500, GVWR about 9900. The hitch was fixed, the front of the fifth was made to allow 90º turns without using something like the turning point. Have not seen another like it, your point about leverage might just be why.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123