Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Using batteries at 17% charge

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad SVT View Post
    Try running Ac with your battaries and see how far you go? Far as running TV and xbox thats no load at all. Phone charger 3Ah if you have fast charger it wont take much off your batteries. My fireplace draw 130A
    with you beeng 2A i could go long time on my 4 6v batt
    4 6v batts? Wow.
    Thanks for the comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 10-19-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In first post you never mentioned you ran your ac. You did your furnace

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I got to test out how well our lithium battery bank works at extremely low DoD.
    The vast majority of the time we purposely park in spots where we receive full sun so the solar panels work at maximum efficiency.
    Sometimes, very rarely, we're forced to camp in the shade. The panels still put out some amount of power, even shaded, and we have several days reserve power in the battery bank.

Last week, were staying on a friends' property outside Goldendale, Washington. It was a heavily wooded area and we stayed 3 days.
    I never ran the generator. Mostly because I was curious to see how long the batteries would last if we were not skimping on electricity.
    We were using the microwave several times each day, watching TV until midnight, playing Xbox, using the 300w sound bar, charging both laptops and both phones all day all 3 days, and running the furnace all night.

The morning we left we were at 17% SoC and our voltage was still a VERY useable
    12.7 volts!
    The lithiums even allowed us to use the microwave to heat up some breakfast and the lights were all still at full brightness.

Don't even think of trying this with your lead-acid batteries kids!

Attachment 22832
    Dont see where you running your AC in 3 day period

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can run AC on my 4 6v interstate so what's the wow about all this. Just 4 kids try to run AC on 4 6v battary no solar panels.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad SVT View Post
    I can run AC on my 4 6v interstate so what's the wow about all this. Just 4 kids try to run AC on 4 6v battary no solar panels.
    The "wow" you mention is in the title... 17% SoC.
    Your 6v batteries are paperweights at 17%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 10-19-2019 at 10:40 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ed,

I did the a similar experiment and ran my refrigerator on electric for our last trip from San Antonio, Tx to North Oklahoma. It took us 12 hours from disconnect to reconnect. I had 100 % charge when we left and had 16 % left when we got home. I am using 3000 watt inverter and 5 BB, well worth the money, in not have to use propane on the road, as well being able stop and eat use the microwave.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SoC .png 
Views:	5 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	23251
    Last edited by bigjaike; 10-25-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick price check... As an Escapees RV member, Battleborn batteries are $100 off. So $849 rather than $949. Might not mean anything considering all the other stats being discussed, but thought I'd mention it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikec557 View Post
    Just a quick price check... As an Escapees RV member, Battleborn batteries are $100 off. So $849 rather than $949. Might not mean anything considering all the other stats being discussed, but thought I'd mention it.
    I bought mine when they were on sale last Thanksgiving.
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I got to test out how well our lithium battery bank works at extremely low DoD.
    The vast majority of the time we purposely park in spots where we receive full sun so the solar panels work at maximum efficiency.
    Sometimes, very rarely, we're forced to camp in the shade. The panels still put out some amount of power, even shaded, and we have several days reserve power in the battery bank.

Last week, were staying on a friends' property outside Goldendale, Washington. It was a heavily wooded area and we stayed 3 days.
    I never ran the generator. Mostly because I was curious to see how long the batteries would last if we were not skimping on electricity.
    We were using the microwave several times each day, watching TV until midnight, playing Xbox, using the 300w sound bar, charging both laptops and both phones all day all 3 days, and running the furnace all night.

The morning we left we were at 17% SoC and our voltage was still a VERY useable
    12.7 volts!
    The lithiums even allowed us to use the microwave to heat up some breakfast and the lights were all still at full brightness.

Don't even think of trying this with your lead-acid batteries kids!

Attachment 22832
    Glad to hear this. We recently installed 2 Battleborn Lithium. Our concern was that the slides might not come in after a bit of boondocking. We had to change out the 2 marine batteries that came with the RV anyway. So it was either buy sealed lead acid or upgrade to lithium. At the same time our Renogy charge controller and Bluetooth unit died. So we bit the bullet and bought the 2 BB, Victron MPPT 50/100 charge controller with built-in Bluetooth, the BMV-712, and the power dynamics charger. All that at discount thru Battleborn. Then added a 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter. Very happy with the result. So, glad to hear how well your rig worked at 17% SOC.

Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123