User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been very happy with our 2600RB, but less than pleased with the dealer; which, unfortunately, is typical. The only issue was a defective microwave and the Interstate battery just died at only 15 months...which only has a 12 month warranty. Figures. Good luck!
    Howard & Ellen

2018 RAM Rebel Hemi 27700 miles
    2018 Imagine 2600RB 10704 miles
    Equal-i-zer 14,000 hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joscelyne3 View Post
    Brewhedd.
    I do not work for Grand Design! !
    " this kind of stuff in the past " was done in August and November of 2019.
    " very hard to believe they replaced a 4 year old AC unit " believe it! they did , along with the arms for the awning.
    You quoted me " before last years rally" . The work was done on August 13 2019 at the factory service facility in Middlebury Indana. If ithe AC was under a warranty, they probably would have done it at the rally ( National Rally August 27th to 31st 2019 ) Not a dealer!
    The people at the factory service facility, told me, THEY found delamination on the street side and that I would need to make an appointment to have the entire side (front to back ) and the two slide outs replaced. To do that , they had to remove the front cap and peel back the roof (about 12 inches X the entire length of the side) . My wife was concerned about the cost , and asked who was paying for this . We were told that Grand Design will take care of it . When we made the appointment to take the Solitude out , they asked me to make a list of other issues that I would like addressed. They fixed everything I listed and some things I didn't know that needed to be fixed.
    This work was done in 2 weeks At No Charge to us. and we picked it up on November 19 2019. As I stated before, there was 15 pages of work orders, and 90 hours of labor.
    We know of many others that have had the similar experience with Grand Design .
    Again I say, I do not work for Grand Design! !
    Again, See how often that happens at any of the other manufacturers.
    As always, safe travels and good health.
    John 《 JJ 》 Joscelyne
    Thanks for the reply, seems you have some backup here too. Anyway, I was just wondering how it came about that you were at a service facility? I really would like some more info for future use. When my RV is that old in 2023 (if I still have it) I want to be able to have AC units replaced and any other damage that happens due to wear and tear or shoddy construction fixed with no charge. If you want to take this private IM me and I will give you my email address. I am serious and not being sarcastic.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many times, when someone has an issue they become one of those "Pi**ed Consumers" you mentioned - which is to their detriment. I had an out of warranty issue that was caused by the wrong construction materials used to secure my awning to the side of the camper. I contacted them via email and gave them my VIN number. Using that, they found me in their database and called me to discuss the problem, which was a very pleasant conversation where I actually learned some stuff. They arranged for my dealer to fix the issue at no charge.

Now, had I come across as on of thoe "Pi**ed Consumers", things would most likely turned out a lot different. I predict that you will be happy.
    2018 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ram BigHorn 3500 CTD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    Thanks for the reply, seems you have some backup here too. Anyway, I was just wondering how it came about that you were at a service facility? I really would like some more info for future use. When my RV is that old in 2023 (if I still have it) I want to be able to have AC units replaced and any other damage that happens due to wear and tear or shoddy construction fixed with no charge. If you want to take this private IM me and I will give you my email address. I am serious and not being sarcastic.
    Brewheed,
    I would suggest that you find a way to get to the National Rally in Indiana. You can get to see how things are handled and meet the service team personnal.
    As part of the registration process, you are able to request up to three MINOR I repeat MINOR issues for them to address. One of my request was to have the techs look at my rear AC unit, stated it was not making cold. I was only looking for them to check it out and advice me of my options. I got a email back from service team telling me the vendors at the rally was only working on warranty issues and that the GD techs would not have the capability to get a AC unit on top of the camper if it needed to be replaced. They said if I wanted to come out to the factory they would address it there. Since I had other issues to be addressed on the request, they said it would also be looked at then. We made our appointment for 10 days before the rally since we didn't want to go back forth. While they had the rig , they put my wife, myself and our dog up in a hotel in Elkhart.
    Also, you could try as Fat Tire suggest and call customer service.
    Another option is, go to GDRV4LIFE website ,on the right side drop down menu, go down to "request service" fill it out.
    Remember, Grand Design is not in business to provide forever warranty service. They do it as a courtesy. They do have limits. If it is a component issue, they may direct you to that manufacturer. We had the Thomas Payne bounded leather problem, GD sent us to Lippert for help. Lippert gave us half off for new furniture.
    As you read many of the threads here on the forum, calm , level toned request have better results.
    As always, safe travels and good health.
    John 《 JJ 》 Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a retailer, I've been through the factory, I've attended Grand Design University, I've attended the accelerated Grand Design Boot Camp training, and I receive periodic training at our dealership from our GD reps. Grand Design practices herculean efforts to ensure they have customers for life. If you can't visit the factory, please contact your local dealer, who hopefully has attended similar training, and they should be able to provide great detail of the manufacturing process. I consider myself extremely fortunate to offer Grand Design. As a wise man once said, Don't judge me by my mistakes,,,judge me by my solutions. Take care, Scott
    Scott M. Barlag
    Burns Harbor, IN

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarlag View Post
    As a wise man once said, Don't judge me by my mistakes,,,judge me by my solutions. Take care, Scott
    AMEN. I hope I have had good solutions to my mistakes (although DW may not always agree with my learning curve...).
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarlag View Post
    As a retailer, I've been through the factory, I've attended Grand Design University, I've attended the accelerated Grand Design Boot Camp training, and I receive periodic training at our dealership from our GD reps. Grand Design practices herculean efforts to ensure they have customers for life. If you can't visit the factory, please contact your local dealer, who hopefully has attended similar training, and they should be able to provide great detail of the manufacturing process. I consider myself extremely fortunate to offer Grand Design. As a wise man once said, Don't judge me by my mistakes,,,judge me by my solutions. Take care, Scott
    I have contacted my dealer. I haven't seen them yet nor have they spoken to my contact at GD, I have given them the case number. What the advisor has said so far is the over tightened and broken screw in my slide out trim is a "maintenance item". My awning is not retracting straight and bending the arms when retracting. For that I was told I had 90 days from purchase for any "adjustments", haven't been able to find any reference to that in the warranty. My dinette slide carpet is crooked front to back by 1 1/2 inches. When I told her about that she asked if I had just noticed it. I have no idea what that has to do with it. I used to build custom homes and there is no grey area, you either back your work or you don't. My customers rarely had to have anything fixed after they moved in, maybe an avg. of one item. I fixed mistakes that took a couple years to show up because I felt it was my responsibility.

As far as being calm, I didn't call GD raising he$$ but I do expect anything I am told to be confirmed in an email.

Related to your statement about judging by mistakes, we'll see how this last visit goes.
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 01-25-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    I have contacted my dealer. I haven't seen them yet nor have they spoken to my contact at GD, I have given them the case number. What the advisor has said so far is the over tightened and broken screw in my slide out trim is a "maintenance item". My awning is not retracting straight and bending the arms when retracting. For that I was told I had 90 days from purchase for any "adjustments", haven't been able to find any reference to that in the warranty. My dinette slide carpet is crooked front to back by 1 1/2 inches. When I told her about that she asked if I had just noticed it. I have no idea what that has to do with it. I used to build custom homes and there is no grey area, you either back your work or you don't. My customers rarely had to have anything fixed after they moved in, maybe an avg. of one item. I fixed mistakes that took a couple years to show up because I felt it was my responsibility.

As far as being calm, I didn't call GD raising he$$ but I do expect anything I am told to be confirmed in an email.

Related to your statement about judging by mistakes, we'll see how this last visit goes.
    I call BS on that dealer. Those responses are unacceptable and I would be working through GD Customer Service in Indiana (with the proper approach and attitude, of course).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I call BS on that dealer. Those responses are unacceptable and I would be working through GD Customer Service in Indiana (with the proper approach and attitude, of course).

Rob
    Yeah LOL, so far sounds like some BS responses, my appt. is on 2/3. Oh yeah, I told her about one of my equalizers I couldn't fully grease. I was told it probably wasn't a warranty item. She then said she would have to talk to the service manager. I told her I had been working with GD customer svc, I gave the advisor my case# and contact, told her to call to ok repairs. The ball will end up in GD's court, It will be interesting to see what happens. When I called GD I didn't scream, insult anyone or talk to him disrespectfully. I'm sure I sounded a bit peeved though but they should expect that when there are so many problems.
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 01-25-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissys Folks View Post
    We are interested in replacing our current rv and were impressed with the Imagine 2600rb we toured a few days ago. I have been reading in the GD forum and find that for the most part GD owners are very happy with the products. I read complaints Pi**ed Consumer about GD products and find major diversions. I recognize that many of the Pi**ed Consumer input is from customers new to rv's. Our upcoming purchase will be our 5th rv purchase in nearly 40-years so we expect that there will be a few problems but wow, what I read in the Pi**ed Consumer concerns me.

Please reassure me that our anticipated GD purchase is the right decision.
    We have RV’D for over 35 years in different makes and models with our three girls. It is just my husband and I now and we have always wanted a 5th wheel. We researched different makes for five years. We went to RV shows and many dealers, doing comparisons. We kept coming back to GD. So we purchased our new GD 303RLS in August 2018. We couldn’t be happier with our decision! Was it perfect? No. We had an issue our first trip out. Our dealer was terrible, which unfortunately, is quite common. I contacted GD and had an immediate response from them. They repaired everything and more for us. We went to the national rally this past summer and was blown away by the way we were treated! The GD tech’s went around to everyone that was there and fixed three things (but they did whatever you needed fixed). Iam proud to be a GD owner!! And Iam proud to pull their 5th wheel down the highway! You won’t go wrong choosing a GD RV. Happy camping
    Pino and sherry
    2019 GD 303 RLS
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson hitch
    Champion 3400 dual fuel generator
    “Out ‘n About, Eh”

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast