Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slauretani View Post
    You won’t go wrong choosing a GD RV. Happy camping
    Actually GD is like any other RV manufacturer, a lot of things can go wrong. Consistency in quality is the mark of a process under control which zero manufacturers have in the RV industry. Well, I take that back, if you're spending 500,000 and above you can probably expect a consistency in quality. LOL
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    if you're spending 500,000 and above you can probably expect a consistency in quality. LOL
    Nope not true. We have several friends that have Prevost busses...they say it takes a year to get the bugs out.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah LOL, so far sounds like some BS responses, my appt. is on 2/3. Oh yeah, I told her about one of my equalizers I couldn't fully grease. I was told it probably wasn't a warranty item. She then said she would have to talk to the service manager. I told her I had been working with GD customer svc, I gave the advisor my case# and contact, told her to call to ok repairs. The ball will end up in GD's court, It will be interesting to see what happens. When I called GD I didn't scream, insult anyone or talk to him disrespectfully. I'm sure I sounded a bit peeved though but they should expect that when there are so many problems.

It sounds like it is time for you to personally talk to the service manager, face to face if it's possible. Is the other person in the dealer service dept or a sales person?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Nope not true. We have several friends that have Prevost busses...they say it takes a year to get the bugs out.
    Wow, that's amazing, hopefully they are not construction related.
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 01-28-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    It sounds like it is time for you to personally talk to the service manager, face to face if it's possible. Is the other person in the dealer service dept or a sales person?
    She's a service advisor. If she tries pulling any BS, which I'm going to find out when I get there, I definitely am getting the svc manager involved. Anything they don't want to fix can be relayed to my contact at GD, by them. I like to document things anyway so everything will be in writing. General RV has been pretty good, not excellent but pretty good. After she told me an over tightened and broken screw is a "maintenance item" I was definitely taken aback. At this point I would buy from them again, hard to believe they would risk a future sale over a broken screw or awning adjustment.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After she told me an over tightened and broken screw is a "maintenance item" I was definitely taken aback. At this point I would buy from them again, hard to believe they would risk a future sale over a broken screw or awning adjustment.
    No way it's anything other than Overtightened/Over Torque. I can't imagine that this would stand when you get to the dealer. Same with the awning. Very simple things that any dealer can fix easily. Good luck.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    Unhappy consumers are the ones mostly likely to voice their opinions. Happy consumers less so.
    But as you are aware an RV is a rolling earthquake and things will break. The manufacturer stands behind it product pretty well from my observation and limited experience. I would focus on your dealer and make sure they have a good record. The dealer will make or break the owner's experience.
    That being said the more complex the unit, the more that can go wrong. The many components have many vendors and some are better at supporting their part of the puzzle than others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    That is something to focus on. In doing our search for our 390, I was reaching out to many dealerships East of the Mississippi and only had two negative experiences. Steve and Clint were both great to work with. Tom was straight to the point that they do not order the package that we would settle for, and Clint was working hard to make our deal work, but then a dealer 2 1/2 hours away decided that they would tackle the bottom up generator and prep kit install and they installed it perfectly.

Now will come my commentary about the dealers and salesmen. In a new car dealership, you have salesmen loyal to that particular line or grouping. In a RV dealership, you will have 4-5 competing lines if they specialize in towables, and maybe 10 if they carry coaches. That means that they want to sell a unit and don't have that big of a fight for which one. This equates their brand loyalty is to what the customer is looking at, not a specific line, just like a used car salesman.
    Our first RV was to be a 5er, but the attitude of the salesman cost him the sale of a Momentum and we ended up with a Thor class C.
    Our salesman at Sonny's in Concord NC has been great from day one. Randy Estes still keeps in contact with us and today called with a few questions on our Thor that a prospective customer had. Bear in mind tho, I AM NOT equating the ethics of the salesmen that I have worked with on this project (except one that hasn't been mentioned) as they were all attentive and were totally honest with us.
    Last edited by ThePowells; 01-28-2020 at 06:26 PM.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forest River's official policy is they will repair two items per camper at their FROG rallies and the camper must not be older than 2 years old

Heartland will repair two issues at their rallies, so I assume THOR and Jayco are the same.

Keystone offers free repairs at their rallies as well

I found all of these in a quick google search
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From GD's 2019 FAQ section

Is it true Grand Design will work on my rig at the rally? The answer to this is yes. Grand Design RV along with
    LCI and other OEM’s have many technicians on the grounds during the rally but they DO NOT DROP
    UNDERBELLIES and they DO NOT DO MAJOR repairs (as in pull slides or change front caps, etc.) During
    registration, you will have an opportunity to request THREE repairs. Regrettably, changes to your requests are
    not allowed after July 15. The only exception of course are emergency repairs and recalls.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    From GD's 2019 FAQ section

Is it true Grand Design will work on my rig at the rally? The answer to this is yes. Grand Design RV along with
    LCI and other OEM’s have many technicians on the grounds during the rally but they DO NOT DROP
    UNDERBELLIES and they DO NOT DO MAJOR repairs (as in pull slides or change front caps, etc.) During
    registration, you will have an opportunity to request THREE repairs. Regrettably, changes to your requests are
    not allowed after July 15. The only exception of course are emergency repairs and recalls.
    Evidently they will replace 4 yr old ac units and complete flooring. They will also pull and repair slides plus pull roofing back and replace all side panels due to delamination. How you go about getting this kind of service and setting up an appt. at one of their "service centers", while attending one of their rally events, I have no idea. I guess they just randomly select owners to receive this type of "super service".

Contrast that with a conversation I had with customer service about roof caulking. I told the advisor I was seeing gaps develop in the sealant and that the sealant seemed to flow too much when it was applied. He agreed the "flow" issues had been noted before and they are "working on it". I asked if this is considered a maintenance issues and was told yes. Now I don't have a problem keeping up with sealant maintenance and understand that it is required. It is not a big deal, just showing the difference.
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 02-01-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast