Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    We posted at the same time.

Like i stated earlier, the LTE router to antenna without booster is probably going to be an issue for us. Having wireless coming off the sim is perfect for us, however without boosting the signal, not sure we're solving the original problem. We're pulling a signal on our phones at only -117db. The Yagi helps, but the gains are modest. Let me know if i am looking at this wrong. I'd love to make your setup work.
    With my setup you won't need to boost the signal. I've had experience with the weboost, its really only for cell service and not data. With my setup, you aim the directional antennas to the nearest tower and you will get fast data, and then you will use the wifi from the router to make calls using wifi calling. However, you will need to insert the sim card from you phone or get a data only plan but if you RV a lot it will pay for itself. We just got back from a RV park in the mountains in Gatlinburg, TN and I was able to stream Netflix and Disney Plus. If you only need cell service, then the weboost usually works ok.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn’t specific to cell boosters, but running antenna cables in and out of the trailer temporarily. I decided to drill a hole under the seats in the slide out of our 2400BH. Keeps the weather out whether the slide is in or out. Put an RV electrical cover in the hole, and done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    You can always go with Mofi4500. There are several videos on Youtube about it.
    So, went out to the site yesterday and setup up the Weboost RV Connect 65. The results were everything you said, increase 1-3, sometimes 4 bars once I got the antenna pointed in the right direction, however bandwith improvements for data were nominal. Also, the antenna, is, in my semi-professional opinion, junk. I see the internal friction mounts on the telescoping mechanisms lasting a few seasons of up and down. Also, it arrived damaged, one of the wall clamps were busted. So, the bad news, I bought $650 of stuff that is not really going to meet my needs and has to be packed up and returned. The good news, I think i can get away with a router, somecable, and a cheap yagi antenna mounted on the rv roof ladder.

Also, the booster does not solve my data plan problem. Hence, I bought a Verizon plan on ebay for $55 that is NOT a rental plan so it was a bit more. I ordered. Apparently , there is a run on LTE modems right now, so I had to settle for a Taktikal cat6 modem at $260 bucks. Good modem. Price is , well inflated but it has all the same capabilities.

My sim will be here in a couple days. Will report back.

Thanks again Maximus216 and everyone for contributing advice.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    You can still find them on Ebay. Might have to pay a little more for them. The we1026-5g looks like its designed to be used in mobile applications such as a RV. This must be new because i don't remember seeing this during my research last year. One reviewer bought it for a RV so it should work fine. It might be a better option than my router.

https://ltefix.com/shop/routers/lte-...outer/#reviews
    From LTEfix I got a refurb'd Cradlepoint CBA850LP6-NA CAT6 and an Asus AT1750 5G WiFi router I found refurb'd on Amazon. With an AT&T wireless plan I've been doing well. From about 8 different locations along the east coast, the signal strength and download speeds are more than enough to stream and and carry on with my laptop simultaneously. I use a cat5e cable directly from the Cradlepoint modem to my TV and WiFi for laptop and phone coverage. It's going so well that I'm going to disconnect the Verizon Fios internet at home and get rid of another subscription service. This set up is portable and easy enough to move between house and 5W.
    https://ltefix.com/shop/routers/crad...t-refurbished/
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12