User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tried the Walmart brand and I am convinced that it will not dissolve for hundreds of years. Pretty much anything single ply is good to go and if you use a lot of water then houselhold TP works well too. LOTS of water and tank flushes.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Keep in mind that toilet paper isn't necessarily a "static" product. Companies can and do change the makeup of their paper due to material availability, cost, and other factors. ...
    We buy the generic Kirkland from Costco, 30 rolls at a shot. When I get it for the fifth-wheel, I open a package and give it the “sit on the counter, in a jar, then give it a shake” test. If a few squares pass the test, those 30 rolls are dedicated to the trailer, and I’m good to go.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Regular TP will work, but use plenty of water. I precharge my tank with 5 gallons of water an 1 cup Dawn dis soap. I have also added a Tied Pod now and then . The combo helps break things up and keep the pile from forming. Also helps keeps tank sensors clean. You don't need any of the other fancy chemicals.

Now having said that regular TP can cause clogging problems if you don't watch it. Whatever you do, don't put wipes in the tank. - even if they say flushable.
    I totally agree! Use plenty of water! We were using regular Kirkland toilet paper and we had a major clog! Now I don't think the paper was the problem. Not using enough water and using too much paper was the cause of our issue. Having said that, after our little clog issue, my wife wanted to go back to RV toilet paper and we've not had anymore issues....yet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    We buy the generic Kirkland from Costco, 30 rolls at a shot. When I get it for the fifth-wheel, I open a package and give it the “sit on the counter, in a jar, then give it a shake” test. If a few squares pass the test, those 30 rolls are dedicated to the trailer, and I’m good to go.
    I do this with whatever we have at home before loading it into the trailer. As we tend to be on the road for only a week to ten days, just the two of us, a dozen rolls is fine. Last year some Purex was even better than our usual Kirkland. Charming Ultra Soft is also good, but it is tough to find at a reasonable price. I’d like to see this test repeated with some standard tank chemical added to see its affect.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had a compost toilet for the last two years, but our prior rigs had standard RV flush toilets and the only "RV Toilet Paper" we ever used was the 2-rolls supplied by the dealer. After that we only used regular household single ply without any issues. Also, I found Happy Camper tank treatment to work the best in breaking up all debris and solids including the toilet paper and it was economical.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a guy on YouTube who built a clear tank just to demonstrate toilet paper, wipes and flushers. Go check it out and see what you think. I'll never put anything in the tank except RV toilet paper! It just works.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use Scott's 1000 sheet and don't flush down toilet. Keep a small, lined pedal trash can between toilet and linen closet for TP.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just use Scott's single ply paper -no problems

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked before but the search didnt really bring up anything.
    Is the special RV toilet paper really necessary? Or just household toilet will suffice?
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    I never used RV paper. Bought a new 5th wheel a few months ago. I decided to give it a try. I use a clear attachment to connect to my dump valve. Previously I could always see clumps of TP coming out when I dumped the black tank. With the RV paper there is nothing but liquid. It does dissolve quicker. I’ve seen where people put regular TP in some water and RV TP in water and neither dissolved so the assumption was there is no difference. However, I think when you add all the nutrients of a black tank the action is quicker on the RV TP. In the end if you thoroughly flush your black tank each time you dump it won’t be a problem either way.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked before but the search didnt really bring up anything.
    Is the special RV toilet paper really necessary? Or just household toilet will suffice?
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    I took 3 sheets of the RV toilet paper we usually buy and 3 sheets of Scott’s 1 ply and put water in each glass. The Scott dissolved much better than the RV paper. Have been using it for 6 years now and never a problem!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast