User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a bedroom set, usually smaller, the 32” units are a dime a dozen. Also unless you are a big sports fan, most 32’ sets have a very good picture. good luck!
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had several items that were "designed for high-vibration environments such as RV's" that failed, so I took them apart. There were no potted components, no epoxy, no rubber isolators, or anything else to indicate that they were made in such a way. Everything was replaced with Samsung. They have held up very well.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avidcamper View Post
    I personally hate the TLC that came with mine and will replace.
    LOL, yep they are cheap junk.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We had several items that were "designed for high-vibration environments such as RV's" that failed, so I took them apart. There were no potted components, no epoxy, no rubber isolators, or anything else to indicate that they were made in such a way. Everything was replaced with Samsung. They have held up very well.
    Like many here, it seems you have had very good service from Samsung products. Over the years I made a number of bad Samsung decisions, but might have to try again. From the super pricey $am$ung DLP rear projection TV that quit after three years (ridiculously complex technology when you think about it) to the poorly designed laundry appliances that as you note had no rubber isolators and shook themselves apart pretty much as warranty expired, Samsung lost me as a client.
    I have been thinking about swapping out the TCL in the trailer with a 32” capable of mirroring and seriously looking at Vizio.
    Judy & Larry
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watch and make sure the tv you buy still has a tuner if you’re ever going to want to use it to pick up over the air channels or be prepared to purchase a separate tuner. Vizio stopped putting tuners in their TVs a few years back. I’m not sure who else is and who isn’t at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer installed a Hisense in our new 337 RLS. We didn't like it (too small) so replaced it with a Vizio that works with our Vizio soundbar that we had in our home. It was ironic to me when shopping for the new TV that alongside the Samsungs, Phillips, LGs and Vizios was the Hisense and TCL models that we saw in RVs and they were no different than the RV models.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
    Just watch and make sure the tv you buy still has a tuner if you’re ever going to want to use it to pick up over the air channels or be prepared to purchase a separate tuner. Vizio stopped putting tuners in their TVs a few years back. I’m not sure who else is and who isn’t at this point.
    Good point. The D series Vizio have tuners the top end P and M do not. (At least here in Canada) I have a D32-F model in the bedroom, and when our cable dies, we use it with an external digital antenna to watch the news.

Further to post above, the only units I’ve seen with 12V TVs are Northwood Arctic Fox. Guess you have to decide if you want to watch when boondocked.
    Last edited by Skiddy; 06-03-2020 at 01:41 PM.
    Judy & Larry

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanman View Post
    I am planning on installing a wall mount TV in the bedroom of our 337rls, and in searching for the best brand to use I discovered that a typical household unit may not be the best choice as the TV should be able to handle vibration and tempature extreems. I have a locking wall mount bracket. Wondering if there are any brand recommendations, or if it really matters.
    I agree with the other comments. Any smart tv is fine. Replaced ,
    Mine 3 years ago and no problem whatsoever. Samsung, sony etc all fine.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add to what others have already said. Replaced the TCL in our living room for a 4k Samsung and Blu-Ray player. No problems what so ever. I upgraded the mount to at the time of install but that was primarily because the original couldn't be tilted down and the tv is mounted pretty high. Awesome upgrades as we love our family movie nights.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regular tvs handle rv motions and bumps just fine. Used them for years. Personal choice on brand. Everyone has their opinions but IMO middle of the road tvs that are not the cheapest, but not the most expensive are best for value. Buy a smart tv for improving your options and dont shy away from ruku, tcl or Visio. Had all of them for years and no problem. Size wise, 32” is a good compromise for weight while having a big enough picture for most rvs. Should be able to get a nice choice for under $200. Good luck!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast