User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which 2020 1 ton SRW would you choose?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ram 2500 Laramie

18 26.87%
  • GMC Sierra SLT

15 22.39%
  • Ford F-350 Laramie

34 50.75%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    Hey Dan ... Yes sir ... My Ram is a Big Horn really only missing leather, a few cameras and heated seats ... later Frank Attachment 26768
    Thats interesting on the payload, I have an '18 3500 srw Laramie, with the rear auto level and fifth wheel prep and my payload is 3980

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 353G momentum dry has a tongue weight of 2500 pounds empty, when you load it, you will be close to 3000, plus passengers, fuel, and whatever else you put in the bed, and maybe a camper shell. You are pushing it with a single. I would look at a dully or a lighter rig. I have a 337RL with a single and I think I am maxed out. You will see many people towing large rigs with trucks that are under capacity. It works well until you break an axle.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    The interior of the higher trim Ram's are amazing.
    Yup, when we bought our 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, we were going for payload, the one we ended up with just happen to have the leather interior in the Southfork addition. As far as I know the Southfork is a Texas only thing. The interior was not the deciding factor, but we were tired of the drab black and grey interiors, no more with this truck. The butt warmer was great last winter up in Indiana, and butt cooler is great down here in Texas!

The only thing about the Ram trucks is if they come with the Korean (Nexgen or something like that) tires. Ours started getting knots on them @ 20K miles. Had to have all the tires replaced, went with Michelin. The bad Korean tires are talked about widely on the Cummins or Ram forums.

The Ram TPMS is a monitoring system only, it is not a warning system. The system will not warn you if a tire is low on air or going flat, you must select the tire screen on the display to see the air pressures. I got in the habit of selecting the tire monitor screen a lot to see the air pressures before driving. Saw one really low once and turned out we had a big nail in one of the rear duals. The TPMS system in the Ram is not the best.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1540.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Yup, when we bought our 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, we were going for payload, the one we ended up with just happen to have the leather interior in the Southfork addition. As far as I know the Southfork is a Texas only thing. The interior was not the deciding factor, but we were tired of the drab black and grey interiors, no more with this truck. The butt warmer was great last winter up in Indiana, and butt cooler is great down here in Texas!

The only thing about the Ram trucks is if they come with the Korean (Nexgen or something like that) tires. Ours started getting knots on them @ 20K miles. Had to have all the tires replaced, went with Michelin. The bad Korean tires are talked about widely on the Cummins or Ram forums.

The Ram TPMS is a monitoring system only, it is not a warning system. The system will not warn you if a tire is low on air or going flat, you must select the tire screen on the display to see the air pressures. I got in the habit of selecting the tire monitor screen a lot to see the air pressures before driving. Saw one really low once and turned out we had a big nail in one of the rear duals. The TPMS system in the Ram is not the best.
    Thanks for your reply. I think there must be some differences between the DRW and SRW. My SRW came with Firestone Transforce A/T tires. They are very soft, probably to provide a smoother ride and sell more trucks. I’ll probably replace them with something with a more substantial sidewall.

Second, I had TPMS on the 2017 2500 that I just turned in, and it would definitely alert me if the pressure of a tire dropped. In fact, it could be downright annoying with some of the extreme temperature changes that we can have here in Colorado impacting tire pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    A 353G momentum dry has a tongue weight of 2500 pounds empty, when you load it, you will be close to 3000, plus passengers, fuel, and whatever else you put in the bed, and maybe a camper shell. You are pushing it with a single. I would look at a dully or a lighter rig. I have a 337RL with a single and I think I am maxed out. You will see many people towing large rigs with trucks that are under capacity. It works well until you break an axle.
    What’s a camper shell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    What’s a camper shell?

He must be thinking of bumper pull trailers that still allow for a topper on the bed.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye__a View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I think there must be some differences between the DRW and SRW. My SRW came with Firestone Transforce A/T tires. They are very soft, probably to provide a smoother ride and sell more trucks. I’ll probably replace them with something with a more substantial sidewall.

Second, I had TPMS on the 2017 2500 that I just turned in, and it would definitely alert me if the pressure of a tire dropped. In fact, it could be downright annoying with some of the extreme temperature changes that we can have here in Colorado impacting tire pressure.
    I love Michelin tires, its just my preference, I know they are expensive. I've always ran them on my 2002 2500. Our 1 ton dually actually rides better than our old 2500. I keep the rear duals at 65 each and the fronts at 80, at least that is the recommended pressures for the dually.
    I should have qualified my reply on the Ram TPMS, for whatever reason the Ram 1 tons (or maybe just the dually) use a different TPMS system than the 1/2 or 3/4 tons. Why I don't know. At least that is what I read on the Ram forum.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cooper AT3 XLT has been the best tire I have ran on these trucks.

2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air Lift

So you add an Air Lift 5000 and you're good to go. Doesn't that pretty much solve the problem? Better ride, less bounce and more weight capacity. Am I correct or is this not the solution to being close on weights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    I should have qualified my reply on the Ram TPMS, for whatever reason the Ram 1 tons (or maybe just the dually) use a different TPMS system than the 1/2 or 3/4 tons. Why I don't know. At least that is what I read on the Ram forum.
    Any truck that is 10,001 GVW or heavier does not require TPMS warnings, my '18 3500 srw doesn't give warnings either, RAM calls it TPIS Tire Pressure Information System

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast