User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which 2020 1 ton SRW would you choose?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ram 2500 Laramie

18 26.87%
  • GMC Sierra SLT

15 22.39%
  • Ford F-350 Laramie

34 50.75%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6864.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	26865
    Our HO did a great job pulling some serious hills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    A 353G momentum dry has a tongue weight of 2500 pounds empty, when you load it, you will be close to 3000, plus passengers, fuel, and whatever else you put in the bed, and maybe a camper shell. You are pushing it with a single. I would look at a dully or a lighter rig. I have a 337RL with a single and I think I am maxed out. You will see many people towing large rigs with trucks that are under capacity. It works well until you break an axle.
    I personally like the RAM 3500 with the crew Cab. I have owned two RAMS and 2014 2500 and a 2018 3500. I have a lower to mid-range SLT and it is nicely equipped but does not have all the bells and Whistles. It was also moderately priced. It is comfortable and easy to drive and tows very well. So Iw ould buy a RAM, but before anyone buys a RAM, they should drive the GMC and Ford. I purchased mine at Dave Smith in Idaho and did all of my negotiation over the phone. Most of Smith's business comes from out of state. They have a huge inventory and are good to deal with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlinda View Post
    So you add an Air Lift 5000 and you're good to go. Doesn't that pretty much solve the problem? Better ride, less bounce and more weight capacity. Am I correct or is this not the solution to being close on weights?
    Air bags do Not increase towing capacity.

2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Air bags do Not increase towing capacity.
    They also do not increase axle weight ratings, tire ratings, or GVWR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	26894

Our '17 F350 has been a great tow vehicle so far. Gets 9 to 10 mpg depending on speed while towing and 15 mpg running around town empty. Use it for my daily driver and not many parking problems since we live in the country.
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye__a View Post
    They also do not increase axle weight ratings, tire ratings, or GVWR.
    I’ve run bags in my last two trucks. I’d also argue they “hide” potential safety issues if your not cognizant of your weights. I see it all the time in my daily commute on the Ohio turnpike. The funny stories are the transport guys towing from the Elkhart going East. Some of there “temporary” hitch setups are damn scary. On the owner forum for my last trailer (Sunset Trail) there are folks pulling 29-32 foot 5vers with half ton ecoboost 150s tricked out with airbags and aftermarket suspension swearing that “she pulls fine”. Some are superlites. Some not. To each his/her own.

2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    A 353G momentum dry has a tongue weight of 2500 pounds empty, when you load it, you will be close to 3000, plus passengers, fuel, and whatever else you put in the bed, and maybe a camper shell. You are pushing it with a single. I would look at a dully or a lighter rig. I have a 337RL with a single and I think I am maxed out. You will see many people towing large rigs with trucks that are under capacity. It works well until you break an axle.
    I am not sure that you would even hit 3000 if you are loading toys in the rear. I just saw someone post on their 351M where when they loaded their toys in the back it slightly unloaded the pin weight according to the scale. I don't think the 353G is in 2500 territory although the new 2020's 2500's from GM have 3300lbs of payload, but I definitely don't think you need DRW for anything on a 353g except stability with a modern truck.

On a side note, my 2016 2500HD is within 100lbs of payload of my buddies 2007 Megacab 3500. The 2500's of today far exceed the 3500's from 10 years ago.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456