2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 Series 290BH slide issue

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2573[8826].jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	14057Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2571[8824].jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	14058

Our daughter and son in law have a 2019 Reflection 290BH 150 series 5th wheel. Today they were preparing for trip they had planned for months.
    When they brought the slide in it ran off square and damaged the trim on the rear bedroom door. The trailer was level and not hooked to their vehicle. When I looked under the slide there are three or four gouges in the underside of the slide about 1/2" wide and 1/8" deep (see photos). Sorry photos were rotated for some reason.

We managed to run the slide out and in by having someone inside the trailer operate the switch while we pushed the slide forward as it moves in and out. I can't see anything obvious. The trailer has been used only 3 or 4 times. It looks like the rollers weren't installed properly or something has broken off and binding them. They did get to their destination and were able to extend the slide by pushing on it as previously described.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had similar thing happen on my 'in wall' slide. Turned out to be broken/missing plastic guide(s) in one of the lower drive blocks.

Evidently when one motor senses a drag (hi current) it stops and the other motor keeps going creating a twisting motion until that side stops. Turned my bedroom slide so hard the trim block on the slide tried to run thru the glass closet doors. Had to replace the guides and blocks where it was running metal on metal. My RV service guy said these 'in wall' slide systems are becoming a routine call for his shop.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkDeb View Post
    Had similar thing happen on my 'in wall' slide. Turned out to be broken/missing plastic guide(s) in one of the lower drive blocks.

Evidently when one motor senses a drag (hi current) it stops and the other motor keeps going creating a twisting motion until that side stops. Turned my bedroom slide so hard the trim block on the slide tried to run thru the glass closet doors. Had to replace the guides and blocks where it was running metal on metal. My RV service guy said these 'in wall' slide systems are becoming a routine call for his shop.
    Thanks.

They're calling the dealer tomorrow to make an appointment. Unit is only weeks old. I didn't expect this to happen so soon but seems to be very common in the RV industry. They're disappointed to say the least.
    My 2019 is going to the dealer to get a new fresh water tank tomorrow. Auto leveling has also failed already and our shower leaked all over the floor the first time we used it. Very poor caulking job at the factory. I spent 1/2 a day on our first outing running to the hardware store and re-caulking the shower. Both of these units were built on April 20, 2018.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grampscamper View Post
    Thanks.

They're calling the dealer tomorrow to make an appointment. Unit is only weeks old. I didn't expect this to happen so soon but seems to be very common in the RV industry. They're disappointed to say the least.
    My 2019 is going to the dealer to get a new fresh water tank tomorrow. Auto leveling has also failed already and our shower leaked all over the floor the first time we used it. Very poor caulking job at the factory. I spent 1/2 a day on our first outing running to the hardware store and re-caulking the shower. Both of these units were built on April 20, 2019.
    Whoa, they were built in the future? And you're already using them??? Just kidding...

Our 150 290BH slide out ripped the linoleum flooring, and neither me, nor the dealership, have been able to figure out how it happened. I have noticed, after a couple outings, that many places where either very poorly caulked or that the craftsmanship was poorly implemented. Leaving me to wonder if Grand Design has really been all it's cracked up to be - OR if these are just the bumps and groans in the normal life of a 5er.

FYI - our's was built Jan 2018.
    Iraq/Afghanistan Veteran - UMICH BBA, M.B.A.
    2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali 6.0
    2018 Grand Design 150 series Reflection 290 BH
    Bride - Anna, Son - Robert, and Gracie "the dog"
    Flint, Michigan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OIF/OEFveteran View Post
    Whoa, they were built in the future? And you're already using them??? Just kidding...

Our 150 290BH slide out ripped the linoleum flooring, and neither me, nor the dealership, have been able to figure out how it happened. I have noticed, after a couple outings, that many places where either very poorly caulked or that the craftsmanship was poorly implemented. Leaving me to wonder if Grand Design has really been all it's cracked up to be - OR if these are just the bumps and groans in the normal life of a 5er.

FYI - our's was built Jan 2018.
    Funny I didn't notice the wrong year. I was a little frustrated at the time I did the post. My family were very upset to say the least. They thought their vacation was ruined. Our first Grand Design was mostly trouble free. I did have the shower leak all over the floor in our last trailer also. I guess in the future I'll just check the caulking after I take delivery.

Our new trailer has had the auto leveling fail, fresh water tank leak and the sewer pipe holder fall off. I had to replace several drawer catch screws with longer ones because they were stripped in our daughter's trailer. Now they have a slide issue.

One thing that has always impressed me is the high level of customer service from Grand Design. Hopefully it will continue. Our dealer has been very accommodating. Both our trailers will be looked at next week and hopefully repaired fairly quickly.

Sorry to hear about your slide issue. I wonder if the problem could be related.

Bob