User Tag List

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kregli View Post
    We have 210 people registered for the Quartzsite Rally, a few more than the 150 we planned for. We've had a number of folks who had to drop out, so we're just under 200 who plan to attend. For those who didn't notice the dozens of posts about the rally over the last seven months, I'm sorry and we'll try to be louder next year. While the desert is plenty big, we don't have food, prizes, support, etc. for more people.

If you just got your rig or just got online and really want to come, send me an email ([email protected]) and if I can swap you for someone who can't make it, I will. If you're just stopping by to visit friends for a couple of hours, it's public land and we don't have a gate. If you're really trying to attend the rally, but want to avoid paying 50 bucks, you should wear a bag over your head, it's not really fair to everyone else.

Way to go Kieth. You're doing good.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It would also help if those of you on social media would stop asking “hey who’s going to the Grand Design rally in Quartzite?”

I’ve noticed it results in a lot of people saying they “didn’t know about it but now that you told them, they plan on swinging by.”

I see this often on the Grand Design owners Facebook page, and while I know the harmless intentions of the people posting the question, it is having disastrous consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    I guess you can see it depends on how much you depend on your batteries. One usage many people over look is the 12 volt fan on your furnace. It uses more AH than most people realize if the wife likes to stay toasty. It also depends on where you camp, how sunny and how cold it gets. We'd be glad to help but might need a little more information.

I'm sure somebody can report on the AH of the furnace off the top of their head.

Red
    12.0 amps on the Imagine 2600RB.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    100 watts isn't going to do much for you I'm afraid.
    Course it depends on how many aH you have total, and how far down you're using them.
    But there are a ton of threads on this already.
    100w is basically a trickle charger to keep them topped off, when not being used or if you're
    only using very low draw equipment like LED lights and not draining your batteries very much at all.
    Well I did lots more reading and decided the cost benefits of solar do not meet my needs. I have done much more research on generators, have a champion 3400 watt inverter which is plenty of power to run everything including my AC in hot weather.

During cooler weather I do not need the size and louder noise of this larger unit, just need to charge the batteries and run my TV / Dish Network and my highly modified sound system, 5.1 surround, Marantz receiver, klipsch speakers, yes I am an audiophile and ripped out the cheap system.

Now the good news, while researching small quiet generators I came across the Champion 2000 watt inverter generator which was a Black Friday deal at Home Depot for $349.00 THAT was a steal. Lucky day today as I found the same unit Model #100565 online for the Black Friday price of $349.00 with several stores in the San Diego area having stock.

Lucky I grabbed it today because I see the price is back to $599.00 online tonight. The unit I bought did have a $349.00 price tag on it so perhaps if somebody finds one in the store with the $349.00 tag probably from Black Friday they will honor the price.

If you show proof you are a Veteran or active duty you get another 10% off as I did walking out the door on this one for $315.00

Lots of good reviews on the Champion inverter generators, almost as quiet as the premium priced Honda and Yamahas.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiMan1776 View Post
    Well I did lots more reading and decided the cost benefits of solar do not meet my needs.
    I have done much more research on generators, have a champion 3400 watt inverter which is plenty of power to run everything including my AC in hot weather.

During cooler weather I do not need the size and louder noise of this larger unit, just need to charge the batteries and run my TV / Dish Network and my highly modified sound system, 5.1 surround, Marantz receiver, klipsch speakers, yes I am an audiophile and ripped out the cheap system.

Now the good news, while researching small quiet generators I came across the Champion 2000 watt inverter generator which was a Black Friday deal at Home Depot for $349.00 THAT was a steal. Lucky day today as I found the same unit Model #100565 online for the Black Friday price of $349.00 with several stores in the San Diego area having stock.

Lucky I grabbed it today because I see the price is back to $599.00 online tonight.
    The unit I bought did have a $349.00 price tag on it so perhaps if somebody finds one in the store with the $349.00 tag probably from Black Friday they will honor the price.

If you show proof you are a Veteran or active duty you get another 10% off as I did walking out the door on this one for $315.00

Lots of good reviews on the Champion inverter generators, almost as quiet as the premium priced Honda and Yamahas.
    Glad you found what you need with the budget generator.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiMan1776 View Post
    Well I did lots more reading and decided the cost benefits of solar do not meet my needs. I have done much more research on generators, have a champion 3400 watt inverter which is plenty of power to run everything including my AC in hot weather.

Lucky I grabbed it today because I see the price is back to $599.00 online tonight. The unit I bought did have a $349.00 price tag on it so perhaps if somebody finds one in the store with the $349.00 tag probably from Black Friday they will honor the price.

Great find! I have two Honda's and if I ever had to replace them it would be with the Champion you just bought. And having a toy hauler I now have an Onan on board. I keep the Honda's for my Lance camper.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While at the rally, we all should be wondering,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,What is hiding in Devin's Beard???????????????????????????
    2017 Solitude 384GK
    2012 F350 Lariat
    Pullrite Superglide 18K

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious, any OTA television signal out at the site?
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Just curious, any OTA television signal out at the site?
    I was able to pull in one or two stations of kids programming like Sesame Street. They were snowy and could only be seen at certain times of the day. So if you want any decent broadcast TV, the answer is no.

Jim

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I suppose we'll just have to talk to people for entertainment.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast